TTC #1- Looking for buddies!

Baby’s heartbeat is 134. Didn’t hear it but saw it. Everything is measuring good. Pic isn’t uploading saying file is to big. Waiting to see the dr now. Will try again later.

That's great Sarah. I didn't get to hear Rick's heartbeat at our first or second scan either. (7weeks and 13weeks) but we did see it pumping away both times.

I had my first bit on insomnia last night. I woke up to pee at 3:15am and was up for hours. Couldn't get back to sleep. I maybe got about 15-20 mins before I had to get out of bed at 7am for work. womp.

That's awesome Sarah!

Sorry about the insomnia Dream. Hopefully it doesn't become a regular occurrence!

Ohh Dream. Insomnia is horrible. I have had it for the last 2 weeks. I hope it doesn’t last long for you.

I go back in 5 weeks. I’ll be 12 weeks and get the genetic testing and an ultrasound done. He won’t be able to tell me the gender with the genetic testing cause I’m not high risk or over 35. I told hubby I’ll just pay $75 and order the test. He said he wanted to wait until we have the ultrasound at 17 weeks cause he wants to see it on the screen. Then he also said he wanted a gender reveal party which I didn’t expect. So I guess I’ll be planning that. I’m happy he is getting involved.

That's amazing Sarah :D :D Which company does the NIPT at your doctor's office? I didn't know there were any that didn't test the sex (and sex-linked diseases on the X/Y chromosomes). So glad your hubby is starting to get excited as well :)

Dream, ahhhh insomnia! My number 1 pregnancy complaint. Hope it doesn't last long!!

I am not sure which company they use. I had to wait until 17 weeks with my son so it is okay. I was happy the Hubs wants certain things and is wanting a party. I do feel better after see the ultrasound. He said my miscarriage rate dropped below 10%. The heartbeat was great and the sac looked wonderful. they made me relax a little bit. I am just going to enjoy this until my next visit.

Did any of you use a breast pump? I know we can get one from insurance. I used the Medela with my son and liked it but he wouldn't latch at all so my milk stopped after 3 weeks and was only pumping 1oz every few hours. Are there any new ones that you would recommend?

Sarah- I have been using the spectra s1 and I love it! Several of the girls I work with tried the medela first but had much better success with the spectra. The nice thing about the s1 is that it has a battery so you don't have to stay in one place. I use a pumping bra and could move around the house to do things while pumping which was nice. Although in the first 6 weeks nursing as much as possible is best to help milk supply from what I've been told by lactation nurses. I had to nurse then pump and bottle feed for the first couple weeks due to troubles with my son having a tongue tie. Once we got that fixed it was much better! I never imagined breastfeeding would be so difficult! I've also heard it's different with each child!

Sarah, did the doctor change your due date based on the scan? I see 7w0d at the top. Hi little one :D
I have the Spectra S2, same as the one Amber has but without a battery. Love it! I also have a Motif Duo which is very compact but far less powerful.

The first few weeks of nursing were so tough and I couldn't survive without a nipple shield. Now I can't even imagine it hurt lol.

Hi all,

Long time no see.. Lol

Dream I am so happy everything went well and congrats on the baby boy.

Sarah how exciting!! I am so glad to hear the good news.

On my news we had out gender reveal last weekend and we are having a GIRL! I am so stinking excited... I was 99.9% sure it was a boy. This will be the first girl grandchild for both me and my husbands families. We are over the moon.

Baby Stella.jpg Reveal.jpg

Congrats Jill!!!!

He didn't tell me an EDD at this scan but did say I was 7 weeks. Give or take 5 days. When I put it in other places it has between 12-2 and 12-5. So I am hoping at the next ultrasound we can get a nailed down due date.

I have heard a lot of good things about the Spectra. I already plan on getting the shield before we go to the hospital. My mom ran out and got one when my son was born but he still didn't take it. Plus I was trying to breast feed with my weirdo ex father in law in there. I told this hubby there will be a few hours where we will have some bonding time after the baby is born. I want to be able to try and feed it and not have to give it a bottle like I did with Briar. We are already discussing who he wants in the room and as of now he said just me and him. My mom was in it with my son so she will be okay not being in there. I have to respect his wishes if he wants alone time. What he doesn't understand is someone has to take pictures. I will be a little busy to do it. :)

I can't believe i'm 24 weeks. It's all seeming very surreal these days. My BFF is sending out my shower invites on Monday, I can't even process it, just wild.

Sarah I use the medela. Although I’m terrible at actually doing any pumping. I have like three bags in the freezer I want to start having date nights again though so I need to get on that lol I like it just fine but it does seem like the Moreno portable spectra would be nice!

Jill congrats on the baby girl! This group seems to follow a pattern boy girl girl boy so with that, I’m voting Girl for Sarah!

Dream that is so exciting. It was so surreal having a baby shower. I remember thinking about how much I had dreaded them for so long so it was emotional to have one for our baby. I can’t believe you’re already 24 weeks! Also, I had random bouts of insomnia but nothing consistent so I hope it’s not a thing for you!

Dream so happy for you!!!! 24 weeks!!! YAY!!!!

TB- I like to say I just want a healthy baby, and then say girl real quiet. I would absolutely love a girl. :)

Congrats Jill!! Girls are awesome :D Beautiful pics!

Dream, can't believe you're so far along! Started buying things yet?

Sarah, I'm thinking girl too (50% shot, right? :D). What did you guys end up deciding regarding testing to find out the sex vs. waiting for the anatomy scan?

Tb/Amber, how are the little ones doing? Mine just turned 4 months the other day. Life has gotten so much easier the last couple of weeks. Our only problem is that she can't sleep without being swaddled. She hasn't rolled yet so its fine for now, but we really have to start doing something about that very soon. Whenever we try it just turns into an hour-long cry-fest (mostly baby girl doing the crying ;)).

Sunny- our LO is doing pretty well. Her biggest issue is gas but she’s been getting better every week so I’m hoping it becomes a non issue after we hit 3 months or so. She’s doing a ton of smiling and cooing so I’m just waiting for that first laugh!
Have you looked into the swaddle up sleep sack? The 50/50 has removable arms for when they do roll over. We use that and she loves it. Or the halo sleep sack you can keep her arms out of but still swaddled. I hope you get that figured out though!

Seems like the insomnia was just that one night. Thank goodness.

We bought a car seat and extra base. We also bought our crib and matching night table. They haven't been delivered yet. I have an old dresser that used to be my moms that I'm going to paint to go in the nursery as well. DH is a big sneaker connoisseur so Rick's got a little collection of his own started already. That's about it.

I put a could sleep sacks on my registry too, hope they work.

Good Morning ladies! I love hearing about the little ones. We bought our Peanut a little gender neutral gown on Friday. I used them with my son when he was a baby and loved them. We decided we would wait until the anatomy scan. My insurance wouldn't cover the early gender blood test because I am not high risk or over 35. Then the hubs decided he wanted a gender reveal party. So we get to do that too. I didn't expect it from him but totally doing it if he wants it.

Hello ladies...sorry I couldn't go through with 186 pages...but I am happy to see the scan and baby talks.
Congratulations Sarah, sarahTTC3, Dream...on BFP
Sunny and TBfromlv you both must be busy with your little ones....
Sorry to have jumped into your group...
I am shradha, 36 from India. I have a 6 yr old son and we want to extend our little family. So I am back to babyandbump after 7yrs.

Oh those real laughs are just the best :D Our little one laughs like crazy when we stick out our tongue or do whatever else she considers "funny".

We have a swaddle up, a halo swaddle, a couple of sleep sacks, gowns... but all she's able to sleep in is a double swaddle with a receiving blanket and a muslin blanket. We're going to try the Merlin's Magic Sleepsuit this weekend, people have been raving about it so we figure it's worth a shot. Overall, I can't really complain because she sleeps from 7-8pm to 6-7am with just one feed before we go to bed at 10-11pm, and naps 3 times a day for at least an hour.

Dream, oh man you're going to have so much fun getting the nursery set up :D Can you imagine that in just a few weeks your little dude will be brought home in that car seat?

Sarah, will you find out at the reveal? Or will the reveal just be for friends/family? Either way, I'm sure it'll be awesome. Have you told your son yet?

Hi Shradha, welcome! Good luck this cycle :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->