TTC #1 -- Need a buddy!

Sideways, my first pregnancy symptom was constipation! I really have my fingers crossed for you and all the ladies in this thread.

Flying, I'm glad that you seem to be working things out with DH. It must have been so stressful to deal with all that.

On another note, I'm reading a book about conception and the growth of the baby over 9 months of pregnancy. It's called How Life Begins by Christopher Vaughan. I read that in a cycle where a couple plans BDing at exactly the right time, the chances of getting pregnant are still only 1 in 3! I know how you guys feel about not being able to to time the BDing any more perfectly and then not getting a BFP, but maybe you can take heart in the fact that you're not doing it wrong, there's just that statistical chance...I don't know if it helps, but I sure felt that way in the months before my BFP...like, how can I not be pregnant, we did it at exactly the right time! I think that if I had read that before we started TTC, I would have felt less like a failure everytime I got BFN or AF showed up.

Anyways, I don't know if that's helpful, feel free to tell me to shut up if I'm barking up the wrong tree!

:dust: to all of you. I can't wait for some more BFPs in this thread!

rducky I think that really helps me feel better, but... I hope this time around is not that 2 of 3 chances of bfn! I need some of the good luck of this thread to rub off on me!

How are you doing? Do you still keep up with all the others from this thread? I hope I can join your ranks soon! :)

Sitting here watching "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant". Wow... I've seen some of these before but it still amazes me.

Rducky, wow. I did not know that the chances were that low. :nope:That actually does make me feel better, though, so thank you. We have timed it absolutely perfectly, no chance we missed O and bd'ing for 2 cycles in a row now, with no bfp. I was CRUSHED because I was like there must be something wrong with us, then. We are timing it just right. So, yes, that does make me feel better, and less like a failure or like something is medically wrong with us. I just told my dh that, and said so this is our 3rd month of timing it perfectly, which means we'll get pregnant, right?! He's like it doesn't work that way. That's like saying flip a coin two times and you'll get heads once and tails the second time. Crap. Well that's how it SHOULD work! :blush:

I've heard it was a 25% chance of getting pregnant if all the timing was right and there were no sperm/ovulation problems etc... 25% sounds huge if you're trying NOT to get pregnant, but I'm TRYING! lol. rducky, 1 in 3 sounds much better than 1 in 4 though so I'll go with that idea. hahahaha!

The problem with the 25% idea is that EVERY SINGLE MONTH there is a 25% chance. it's not 25% chance the first time, and 50% the next; it 'resets' to 25% every month, so hence it can take 6 months *easily* and still be very much normal....

I'm telling myself all of this so that I can dull the hopes a little. I will be disappointed if AF comes, but I'm trying to stave off devestation...!!!

wow sideways, I'm SOOOOOOO hoping for you that those are symptoms!!! Oooohh FX!!

Even though these statistics are a little daunting and depressing, they do help make me feel "normal." Even though it's been 9 months, really only 2 cycles were "perfectly timed." The other months, we bd'ed around O, but probably not enough or I don't know. So, knowing that 25% or 33.666667% makes me feel like okay, it's okay that it's taking this long. :hugs: to everyone. We have another snow day today! Even though there's now snow yet...gotta love states who have 3 snow plows! :haha:

The thing that gets me about stats and bd-ing at the right time is that there's so many theories to choose from. Do you BD every day to make sure you cover the bases or do you go every other day to improve the quality of his sperm, and then maybe risk missing the ultimate day? It's all such a lottery and I just don't know what to go for this month.

I've been reading up on it and it really does seem that every-other-day is the best method. I know guys can notice that if they *cough* pleasure themselves, every day, then the volume is down significantly than if they wait a day. And sperm most definitely can last for 2 days, in fact 3 is pretty normal too, though more than 3 is variable. So every other day really does seem to be the best option..... and we'll try it! lol!

Wow, my temp is the highest it's ever been this morning; last month it didn't get this high but it's just leapt up another notch to 98.24.... Soooo hard to not read signs into it isn't it!?! Ugh. lol!!!

6DPO now. One day at a time.

I have an obedience [dog] show this weekend and my good friend is back from a 2 month holiday in France on friday (and will be at the show all weekend as well) so I'll have plenty to distract myself over the weekend and then there'll be less than a week to go! WOOT!

Just ordered some Pre-seed, think I should give it a go, having heard so many good stories about it.

MissSazra I love PreSeed. DH and I have needed some uh... assistance... in that department since TTC. The only thing about it, is that it's cold! lol

I've also wondered if every day or every other day is best. My dh also said that when he does it every day he notices a HUGE difference in amount, like WAY less on the 2nd or 3rd day. We do it every other day starting on like CD10 or something, and then when I get a positive opk, we do it 3 days in a row. However, that hasn't worked for me the past 2 cycles, so who knows. I figure some of the powerful sperms are still hanging out in there, and it doesn't hurt to have some extras step in last minute. :haha: I think it also depends on if your dh has a sperm mobility or count problem. We'll find that out soon, as my dh has a sperm analysis on Monday. I hope everything goes okay!

rducky I think that really helps me feel better, but... I hope this time around is not that 2 of 3 chances of bfn! I need some of the good luck of this thread to rub off on me!

How are you doing? Do you still keep up with all the others from this thread? I hope I can join your ranks soon! :)

Sitting here watching "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant". Wow... I've seen some of these before but it still amazes me.

I'm glad those stats were a bit useful!

I'm doing pretty well. Had bronchitis at 6 weeks which really took me down for about 3 weeks cuz I couldn't have antibiotics...then the puking started...thankfully I am doing way better now. I've had one appointment with the midwife and one ultrasound which was great. I also got a Doppler at home which I find very reassuring. So far, so good!
HarliRexx is doing well, she's got a cute bump! Sadly, SMfirst is going through a miscarriage, she only found out at around 12 weeks so I'm feeling sad for her right now. It must be so difficult to deal with...

I have my fingers crossed for all you girls who are about to test! Please come join the ranks!

Ohh nooo, let SMFirst know we're thinking of her... wow... :(

I'm so pleased you and HarliRexx are doing well!!! Can't wait to join you guys over there... haha!!!

Very sad for SM. Many hugs and prayers are going to her. Glad to hear that you all are doing good though :)

12DPO, we're in the last inning. I am starting to get some minor cramping and I sure hope it isn't AF. I would just go ahead and test but if it's bfn then I'd hate to get that double whammy of a bfn then AF. Rather just have AF show up one day if that's how it's got to be!

My temp has gone back up. There is a significant dip in my chart around 7-8DPO or so... can't remember perfectly off the top of my head since I'm at work and the chart is at home.

Rducky, glad to hear that you're doing better!

Many hugs to SM. :cry: Tell her we are thinking of her and we're here for her if she needs us. :hugs:

Sideways, I know what you mean with a double whammy...AF and a bfn. That happened to me last Thursday. I was 3 days late, stupidly decided to take a hpt in the afternoon, and as I was peeing on the stick, I started to spot. I was ticked...AF came AND I wasted an hpt! I hate bfns. :cry: I'd rather AF just show up.

I really hope your cramps are nothing. Sounds like you could have had an implantation dip! Do you know how long your luteal phase usually is?

Rosa, no... don't really know but I'm guessing about the standard 14 days. This is the first cycle where I've actually pinpointed ovulation, other cycles were mere guesses and of course last cycle it never happened.

Just ran across this -- it's off-topic.

https://eatthis.womenshealthmag.com...-diet?cm_mmc=ETNTNL-_-2011_01_27-_-HTML-_-dek

But... I think I could totally get by with this :)

Sideways, I've read that article before!! I actually do drink a small glass of chocolate milk after a lifting workout. It's supposed to be the best post-workout snack...rebuilding muscles and such. Yum!

Oh my, chocolate milk sounds so good right now. Only a few more hours before I'm off work and where do you think I'm going, the grocery store LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->