ttc#1 new looking for buddy!

Aww hun I'm so sorry you're feeling down about it and the process and everything in general. I can see how you wouldn't be very chipper about having to go a different, medically intervened, costly route. The end result is what matters and is the goal, regardless of how you get there! Perhaps do some research to help ease your mind and acclimate yourself a bit. I am sure there are plenty of women on BnB that can provide their personal experience and it def wouldn't hurt to ask the lady you know about it. Even if you aren't, I happen to be super excited for you! Like, this could be happening in a few short months and you could be pregnant right away! I have goosebumps!

I'm hoping since we have plenty of "supply" between the two of us, that will help our chances. I am texting my friend now about it, she said for her it's was $15000 with out meds and then another $6000 for meds!!! Holy smokes!!! However our meds could be different and cost a bit less. We just need to talk to the dr to figure out what we really need!
I am glad we have options, however still upset... I feel so depressed. I just was curl up in sweats and cry all day! Getting ready I wanted to cry! In the shower I wanted to cry!... Ugh...

The price I think is the scariest part, but there is a lot of things that can help. When you are ready look up some ladies on here that can help. I have a friend who participated in an IVF study for a hospital, which made it significantly less. She is now going to the czech republic to do a donor IVF. She said that it would have cost around $20,000 here, where with all traveling expenses included it is still under $10,000 and she gets a vacation in another country out of it.

In the meantime feel free to vent/share whatever you want with us. The journey may have turned a little, but it will be worth it when its all over.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

I honestly don't know why IVF has to be so costly for couples who have absolutely NO control over their health in terms of fertility. I'm hoping as the time passes and you get more information and further instructions from your doctor(s) about moving ahead and things really start that you'll get excited and feel better about it <3

Sybil Rayne was born August 4th, weighing 8 lbs 8 ounces and was 22 in long. She loves her daddy and dad boonies. Pics as soon as I can figure out how to upload.

Attachments

• 1439044565454-549256862.jpg
    1439044565454-549256862.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 3
  • received_10153435973966223.jpg
    received_10153435973966223.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 2
  • received_10153142617484370.jpg
    received_10153142617484370.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 3
AAAAAHHH!!! LUCKYBUG!!! She is BEAUTIFUL!!!!! OMG!!! <3
Congratulations!!! I LOVE her name too! Omg so happy for you two!!

What a cutie lucky bug!!! Congrats on your beautiful baby girl!!!! :)

Ughh..sinus stuff is the worst! I hope you feel better soon!

AFM: I'm pretty good! I have an u/s and bloodwork appt to check for things like down syndrome and stuff. Other than that I am just fighting my allergies and enjoying the little bit of summer that is left. I can't believe its almost fall!!

Yuck! I'm sorry your sick! I think I'm catching something too!
We have a follow up appt Friday just to discuss the ivf process and any questions we have.... I'm nervous! Nervous to see the next step and if/when we can start. I'll probably be emotional afterward! I just cry now thinking about affording it, so I'm really nervous to hear that part. Our insurance changes September 1, omg it would be AAAAMAZING if it was at least some what covered... Not getting my hopes up tho. Obvi!

This Friday? :happydance: I'm excited for you! And FX that the insurance change will work in your favor!

Fingers crossed for you Michele!! I hope it goes well!

So we went to the dr today! We can start ivf ASAP... But we need to call the financial dept Monday and get that figured out, and then depending on my cycle we'll probably wait another month... Cuz I'm supposed to start Sunday, and we don't know about the financials by then... So the first month they put me on BC to regulate and monitor my cycle. Then they will take me off that and give me something to stop me from ovulating so they can go in and get the eggs, they'll make the embryos, and do genetic testing and freeze them, then inject them... Sooo start to finish is like 3-4 months... Because we're going to do the genetic testing that increases our chances of a live birth to 70-80%. And we can choose the gender!!!! We are really excited for this now! And both want to start as soon as we can!!!!! He said I could be pregnant by the end of the year!!! :happydance: BUT! One day at a time!

Also because of my itp he recommends a hematologist follow my pregnancy as the 3rd tri would be high risk for that... And also because of itp we can only transfer 1 embryo at a time. But because we are freezing them we can have multiple pregnancies, if we want down the road

OH MY GOSH!!! I got goosebumps reading that! SO EXCITING!!! That's amazing news! And that's incredible, you can choose the gender even?! Is DH excited? Ahhhhhhhhhh :happydance: And transferring one embryo at a time, that would eliminate the chance of multiples at once? Like, you wouldn't wind up having sextuplets - yikes. But awesome you will have a stash for future pregnancies!

Hubby is excited!! He ACTUALLY interacted in the appointment with the dr! He's for sure excited! Which makes me more excited!!! And yes only doing 1 embryo will eliminate having multiples! So I started my period yesterday and still waiting to hear back from the financial dept, soooo with that we will probably wait and start next cycle!

That's great Michele! And super exciting! I'm so glad you're feeling better about things and that DH is excited as well!

Wow Michele!! That is really exciting!!! So glad that things are moving forward and hubby is getting excited as well. :)

mambunny- I just realized you are almost to your due date! How are you feeling?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->