TTC#1 - Newbie to Baby & Bump!

Hey Ladies!

So I had a colposcopy and biopsies taken yesterday, which wasn't too terrible. I had my husband with me for this visit so I knew he would be a second set of ears to hopefully hear edverything that I did not. My appointment yesterday was with my "regular" OB/GYN so she was able to answer a lot of my questions. She is pretty certain I am going to need some type of treatment, which I was prepared for. However, the previous doctor I met with gave me information about a LEEP procedure and my doctor today was talking about a cope biopsy. So I did a little ready and it sounds like a cone biopsy takes more of the cervix compared to a LEEP procedure, which only takes the top layer of my cervix. Now she knows we are TTC so she said she is taking that into consideration as too what she decides to do, but my health is definitely #1. The cone biopsy is better at making sure they get clean margins, but it is more painful so therefore it will be a surgical procedure done with anesthesia. We should have the biopsy results back in about a week.

Now as far as having a baby she wouldn't really get into all the details with me because I don't think she wanted to overwhelm me, but as a medical professional myself I can tell when somebody is being vague for some reason. Ive heard that pregnancy's after a cone biopsy can be high risk, but some people go on to have babies without any problem. I think it depends on how much if my cervix needs to be removed.

All of this is very nerve racking. My doctor says that this is caused by the high-risk HPV and that is probably has been dormant and my immune system has been fighting it for a while. If my immune system is compromised by stress then is can allow the virus to come out and cause changes on my cervix. My husband and I have had a really rough 2 years that have been very stressful. Between gettings married, buying a house, my husband being back in school, and TTC along with my horrible in-laws making everything 10x's more stressful it's no wonder this is happening. My husband and I already had along discussion about my stress levels and he is going to have to step up to the plate with his parents a lot more. He lets them get away with too much b/c he is just such a nice guy. My lifestyle definitely needs to change. I have to learn to let things go a lot more and have a clearer perspective about what is truly important. My life!

Sorry this is so long! I appreciate having you guys to listen to me. :hugs:

Lillyrose- I hope that all is well. When will you have the procedure done? Your health is #1 for sure. Please take care of yourself. All will fall into place as it should sweetie. :)

Lillyrose- I hope that all is well. When will you have the procedure done? Your health is #1 for sure. Please take care of yourself. All will fall into place as it should sweetie. :)

My doctor wouldn't even book a follow up appointment until she gets the pathology report back b/c if she does a LEEP that is an office procedure, but if she does a cone procedure that is a surgical procedure and is in the hospital in an OR. Should have the results back next week.

I'm so sorry you're going through this, Lillyrose20wd. But it sounds like you are taking things one day at a time and putting your health first, which is so important, especially when you do become pregnant. Please take care of yourself both physically and emotionally, which it sounds like you are working on doing. You're blessed to have a supportive DH and I'm glad that he's there by your side to help you through everything. I'm praying for you guys!

We're praying for you, Lillyrose! Take very good care of yourself. Your health definitely comes first. Don't stress yourself out too much, and please, don't lose hope. Everything will be fine. :hugs:

Hi Ladies,

Just pasing through. Positive OPK today and started the daily bd yesterday. Hope to catch that Egg!!

Hello ladies! How are you all? Just wanted to share some good news with you. I had an appointment with my doctor on Saturday, and got to listen baby's heartbeat. Doc said everything's fine and looks like I'm in for a smooth pregnancy. (Touchwood!) Now I have lots of tests (to rule out thalassemia, thyroid, diabetes, etc) next week, another scan after 3 weeks, and then next appointment with my doc after 4 weeks.

DH has become extra-loving these days. He too is very excited about the child. Enjoying this wonderful phase! :)

That's great news Neha. I am glad all is going well for you with your pregnancy.

AFM not any symptoms today. A little Nausea last night but soon went after I has root ginger tea honey & lemon.

Good to hear all is well Neha. I also got to hear my baby's heartbeat at exactly 9 weeks! It was amazing. My next scan is at 12 weeks, can't wait.

Hi guys! :hi: Glad everyone is having happy and smooth pregnancies! FX-ed for you, Lotus Womb!

We're on month 10, cycle 13. Still doing acupuncture, supplements and switched to an organic diet this month and started yoga again. Even avoided cake and junk food altogether at my nephew's birthday party! We have a consult with our RE on Thursday so he can make some recommendations on IUI or IVF, but I'm leaning toward seeing if he can give us an extra couple of cycles to try naturally before moving on to AC. Everyone who has done acupuncture seems to feel it needs three months to really take full effect and so far, my bloodwork over the past couple of cycles has shown some improvement.

Hey ladies,

Still been stalking you guys, but thought I would give you a little update about what is going on with me. Had my colposcopy done 4/17 and had my follow up appt with my doctor yesterday. She said that my biopsy confirmed CIN III and she recommends moving forward with a cone biopsy to removed all the bad cells off my cervix. I really felt like she was very thorough and sounds very confident that she can cure me. She even said that she didn't think I shouldnt have a problem with pregnancies in the future. She even said we could start trying again as early as 3 months. Very exciting. Right now I am focusing on getting healthy!! I really hope to be back on this site TTC again very soon. :)

Thank you for sharing your news, Lillyrose20wd!!! I'm glad that you are getting healthy and taking care of yourself and your health. So glad that you have a good doc, too. Please continue to stay optimistic!!! We'll get our BFPs soon!!! :hugs:

Lillyrose- Your doc sounds amazing! Get healthy ASAP and join us.

That's very good news, Lillyrose. Have faith in your doctor, you'll soon have a good news to share with us. All the very best! :hugs:

Great news about your Dr Lillierose sounds like she is very supportive.

AFM - So yesterday had a big temp drop I was real sad. Then around 5p.m started spotting so I was ready for it to be all over. Spotting continued got slightly more I put on a pad by next morning it was only about tea spoon full. Other than that only when I wipe. Then today more of the same only needed one pad and usually by day 2 I need to change every 3 - 4 hours. I really don't want to get my hopes up as it can go heavy at any moment .

Symtoms been sore boobs on and off, cramps. Nausea a few times most noticible was Wednesday night I was frying some onions cooking my lental and patato curry and I did not think I would make it lol. I stepped away had a tangerine. Once all was done and lid was on I was fine. Last night and today frequedntly having to pee. Temp went back up slightly but not enough for me to feel good. Look at my chart and let me know what you think. I wont test till 18dpo if I make it that long. Offically freaking out!!!

Looks promising to me! FX-ed for you, Lotus Womb! Keep us updated!

Woke up at 3a.m felt nausea but other than that nothing. I am still spotting seems to threaten to go to a light flow but never quite makes it. Very scary for me. My temp was up very slightly this morning I am still over the cover line which I am never at cd 3 but scared of this bleeding I am just going to wait it out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->