TTC#1 - Newbie to Baby & Bump!

Thanks ladies! I'm starting to calm down a bit. It's just been a rough few days and my hormones are all over the place so that can't be helping. Im starting to believe the chemical pregnancy was a blessing b/c I could not imagine having to go thru all of this and being worried about my pregnancy at the same time. Thanks for all your support:hugs:

I will definitely follow with you guys and continue to pray for your :bfp:

Lillyrose20wed: What awful news and what a terrible week it has been. It was a blessing-in-disguise for you to receive that pap and to find out an early diagnosis, rather than have problems later...hopefully it can all be treated and soon you'll be on your way to a healthy you.

Do keep us updated on how you are doing. We will especially be thinking of you!

:hugs:

So we are going to be taking some time off from TTC for awhile. I got some unfortunate news at the doctor today. My pap smear results came back abnormal with concerns for early cervical cancer so I need to get this worked up.

How much is one person supposed to take. I go in to be examined for a suspected chemical pregnancy and I find out this news. It has been a rollercoaster couple of days. :cry: Good luck ladies in your journey of TTC. :dust: Hopefully after I get myself a clean bill of health we can move forward.

Lillyrose- I'm so sorry that you're going through this. It's good that they caught this early and you can get healthy ASAP. Please know that I'm here for you if you just want to talk or vent. You will be in my thoughts.

Lillyrose - We all are praying for you. The good thing is that your problem is diagnosed early. Don't worry too much, you'll be fine very soon. :hugs:

Babyfeva - Even I never felt anything before 7 weeks. It's a good thing if you're not having to deal with it yet. Just enjoy your pregnancy! I'm almost in my second trimester and do hope it gets better in the next couple of weeks.

LearningLife - Many thanks for your advice. I've started having smaller meals every 2-3 hours. Hope it helps. How are you doing?

How's everyone else? :dust: to all!

Lillyrose - so sorry to hear your news. I am glad it has been caught early so you can work towards getting that clean bill of health. :hugs::flower:

Sorry about the M/S ladies. All the ideas sound like they are great, I have heard about ginger biscuits. Lemon and ginger tea sounds good too.

AFM- Well temps are still high but that is normal for me at this time. Some mild Cramps at 8dpo but nothing else that I can not relate to as symtoms. I have been reading taking charge of your fertility and it says that with 18 high temps you have a good chance of being pg so I will wait it out.
I had a great Yoga class last night also, so feeling as relaxed as you can be at 11dpo lol

Lots of :dust::dust:

Your chart looks so great!! I don't know how you're gonna wait that long! Fingers crossed for you.

Hello ladies! So today I'm officially in my second trimester. One down, two more to go... But still having ms. Hope it gets better over the next couple of weeks. :(

I'm completing some continuing education credits for my profession today and found something I can't help sharing from a journal article. It's so important to take care of our physical health, ie exercise, nutrition, taking care of hormonal imbalances & other disorders/diseases, drug/alcohol abuse, smoking, preventing/treating STI's etc., but it's equally, if not more important to treat our mental - emotional/social/spiritual health:-

PSYCHOLOGICAL FACTORS

There is increasing evidence that psychological stress has a negative effect upon fertility. Both follicle growth and sperm production can be compromised due to the body's adaptive stress response, which negatively influences the reproductive axis of both sexes and can lead to hyperprolactinemia, insulin resistance, and decreased antioxidant cofactors over time [86,87][88,119] .

Hyperprolactinemia is a known cause of hypogonadism and anovulatory amenorrhea; one study found that 20 out of 70 infertile women in a research group had excessive levels of prolactin [119]. Another study, published in 2010, postulates that catecholamines released in response to stress can slow blood flow enough to delay egg implantation in the uterus [85]. The same study found that reduced conception rates coincide with increasing levels of alpha-amylase, but not cortisol, in the female body. These studies add to the abundance of anecdotal evidence that suggests stress contributes to or causes ovulatory infertility.

Psychological factors, such as stress, anxiety, and depression, existing before or as a result of not being able to conceive, are thought to heavily influence the outcome of infertility treatments. It has been found that women experience a significant amount of distress during the 2nd and 3rd years of attempts at conception, either naturally or though IVF or other ART treatments [84]. One study of couples undergoing IVF treatment in Turkey found that when detailed explanation of the IVF process, psychological support, and counseling were provided, the success rates more than doubled [120]. However, stress levels can be difficult to accurately quantify; therefore, most studies-as in the Turkish study-use women or couples attending counseling interventions or support groups as an experiment group to compare with those receiving standard care as a control. Because questions about how stressed one felt during the last cycle are subjective and stress is thought to have a similar effect on physiology in both individuals trying to conceive naturally and those undergoing infertility treatment, the results of infertility treatment/stress studies are usually extrapolated to determine that stress is a factor for infertility in the general population.

One notable study did examine couples trying to conceive on their own after experiencing infertility for less than 2 years and concluded that psychological interventions (e.g., support groups, cognitive-behavioral therapy) significantly increased pregnancy rates [83]. Cognitive-behavioral interventions have shown the potential to effect the greatest improvement in fertility status [83,84].

Nice read, thanks! I truly believe stress does affect us while trying to conceive but it's so hard not to.

It IS tough not to worry, be stressed etc. In fact, after conception, there's more worries!!! I was having a tough time a few days ago with mood swings and being really emotional! Preg. hormones kicked in for full gear, like a double dose of pms. Feeling much better now and hopefully I can manage. May seek out some kind of community support :)

Nice read, thanks! I truly believe stress does affect us while trying to conceive but it's so hard not to.

sounds good to reach out. The other night I was so mean to the hubby and i started crying. Afterwards, I was thinking what is wrong with me- umm i'm pregnant! LOL

LearningLife & Babyfeva - Mood swings can really drive husbands crazy. My hubby is also a victim. LOL!

AFM: Feeling terrible! 1st trimester problems haven't subsided and 2nd trimester problems have begun. So now I have MS, backache, pain in legs, loss of energy. :(

Still feeling sick after one hour of having my faithful tablet. Have heard of women who experience ms/vomit throughout their pregnancies. Don't want to be one of them! :(

Neha- I really hope your ms goes away really soon! Are you working right now?

Neha- I really hope your ms goes away really soon! Are you working right now?

Hi Babyfeva, thanks for your good wishes. Yes, I'm working right now, though have been taking sick leaves more often these days. Luckily, my boss is very supportive. And, my team has seen me dating my husband, getting married, and now carrying child - so they all are pampering me.

I had an appointment with my doctor yesterday. Told her about my morning sickness. She said it may continue for another couple of weeks. She had prescribed a tablet (Doxinate), but I used to take it only when I felt really sick. She said it was completely safe, and could be taken 3 times a day.

My dual test reports have also come and fortunately they are clean. So, no more HCG injections and weekly visits. Now I'll have to see my doctor every 3 weeks. :)

Good news on your clean reports Neha! Also, I hope the Doxinate helps. I just started feeling queasy yesterday yuck. I don't like it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->