Ttc#2+ 2013/2014! - 6 BFP's, 4 angels

Are the CB fertility monitors better than the IC opks? Do you think its worth investing? I saw it advertised on tv and thought about buying it. I guess its easier, cos you don't have to squint at the line trying to work out if its as dark or darker cos it tells you if its positive. Might see what the costs are.

Can't help there cookie, I've never seen one yet.
It probably is better than ic.

I've just been looking on Amazon at it, it does sound good...but £20 for 20 sticks which would last me a month probably with the amount I'd have to test, so that would be £20 a month...not sure I can warrant paying out that kind of money.

Think I'll stick with the IC opks and temping and see how that goes, if I think I could benefit from CMFM then I might buy one.

cookie: I heard some really good things about the fertility monitors. I have heard people say that the ic opk's can be hard for them to interpret so they like the monitors better. I just can't see spending that much on a monitor. The regular cheap opk's worked fine for me with my second. I guess it just all depends on personal preference.

wildchic: I admire your attitude. I know it seems like it will never happen, but it will. I was so mad having to go from doc to doc and go through pills, pokes, and prods but it finally happened after the 2 1/2 years. You have one little munchkin and I bet that the dr will be able to give you some idea as to why it is taking a while for #2. Sending you lots of hugs and support.

Brunette: I'm sorry your temperature dipped. I'm hoping you did o and that with all that bd'ing you caught the egg. Keeping everything crossed for you.

AFM: I am supposed to be testing sometime next week. I haven't felt too good this week, but with my pcos that often happens. I think I am just so hoping it'll work this month that I am causing symptoms. I am going to hold out until the 26th. I was going to start testing at 9dpo, but am in no mood this month to be upset over bfn after bfn. I will just wait until the 26th that way I know the result is pretty accurate. My oldest is getting ready to start her first year in school next month and my second is turning one, so I am hoping this will all keep me busy enough and keep my mind off of ttc.

Cookie your temperature usually dips down and then to confirm ovulation you need 3 rises after the dip.

Fertility Friend did say that any ear problems can cause problems with temperatures so hoping I have ovulated and its just that!

We've :sex: ALOT this month so hoping that we have caught the egg if there has been one! My friend starting using FF mid month and never put her temperature in at the beginning. She got +OPK but no crosshairs. I said to try putting them all in from the beginning of the month. She did and she got her crosshairs where she thought she ovulated so I'm wondering if maybe because I didn't start at CD1 that maybe that's why I haven't got mine yet?

Gosh the whole temping thing sounds very complicated!! I was supposed to start temping today, got my thermometer out, but I tend to wake up a couple of hours before I have to get up and then go back to sleep, so then I thought I can't see the thermometer so I can't do my temp and hubby would not have appreciated me putting the light on, and then when I woke up with my alarm my son came straight in and I wasn't able to to do my temp cos he was climbing on me, plus it was only 2 hours from my last wake up not 3.

I'm starting to wonder if I'll be able to do this temping thing! I'll try again tomorrow. My son has suddenly started getting up and coming into our room, whereas he used to stay in bed and wait for me to get him.

My packs for my diet have arrived, its going to be hard going as basically I get 4 meal packs (sachets that you add water to - shakes, meals & soups + bars) and I'm allowed 200g of vegetables from a restricted list. Still I've done this kind of diet before and not only do I know it works, it also was the diet I did when I conceived my son so I'm quite excited to get started. I'd start now but we are out for a bbq at a friends this weekend and I want to be 100% on this, so better to start Monday when I know I haven't got anything happening for a few weeks.

Good luck with the diet cookie!

I had weird cramps last night, almost like af. It felt like a burning sensation. It can't be af, coz I'm only due the 26th!

I hate this not knowing!

I've had a lot of cramping recently! I had some sharp pains the other day too! I'm due 25th!

Cookie I tend to wake up a few times from 5-6.30. I tend to temp at 6.30 so maybe that's not helping?

Brunette, you should take your temp after 3 hours of continuous sleep, that could be the reason for your temps not showing O and the fact that you have the ear infection.

I take my temps at 5am. I too wake up at about 1am and go back to sleep and wake up 5am with the alarm clock.

My cramps have eased a lot since last night. Hoping and praying that its implantation, but definitely gonna try to not get my hopes up.
I wanted to phone in for my blood results, but remembered the gyno does c-sections most fridays:( I'm gonna have to wait till next week.

Fingers crossed for you Wildchic.

Yes brunette I read you need at least 3 hours continuous sleep before taking your temp so yes I would imagine taking your temp when you have been would give you inaccurate temps.

Well my latest discover is Maca powder, I'm off on my lunchbreak in about 30 mins so I'm going to grab some then, this is abit about it:

MACA:

Pregnancy demands extra nutrients for a healthy baby. Unfortunately, many of today's women are overworked, stressed and/or have a long history of taking the Birth Control Pill find that their fertility is compromised. Eating Maca Powder can be an affordable, excellent nutritional addition to everywomans diet.Peruvian women start to take maca at the age of three, then gradually include it as a staple part of their diet. They are fertile well into later life... "Laboratory studies of rats have found that they had improved fertility after eating maca - females increased egg follicle development and male increased sperm count. In Peru maca is given to livestock to improve fertility a well as strength." From Good Medicine Magazine Australia. It also balances out progesterone nd any problems u have there as well. It has a high suscess rate to helping women get there BFPMaca is great for both women and men.It is a nourishing food for the endocrine system and is an aid to the granular system as well, including thyroid, adrenal and pituitary glands, all involved in hormonal balance. Maca can impact key hormones in both the men and women to their advantage, but it doesn't contain hormones itself.Maca helps nourish and stimulate the pituitary gland. It acts as a tonic for the hormonal system. When the pituitary gland is functioning optimally, the entire endocrine system, too, regains its balance, because pituitary gland is in control of the hormonal output of the other three glands involved.For women, maca controls estrogen in the body. If a woman's estrogen levels are too high or too low, this can affect a woman's ability to become pregnant or to carry a fetus to term. If there's too much estrogen, progesterone levels may also reactively become too low. Therefore, if a woman takes maca, she may help increase her progesterone levels, which are essential to carrying a pregnancy to healthy term.With men, too much estrogen produces erectile dysfunction, and can also result in a lowered or completely absent libido. In addition, it can impact sperm count negatively, and can also lower the volume of seminal fluid overall. When a man takes maca, he can increase his libido and can also increase healthy sperm production.Maca may help:Reestablish hormonal balance in women. Increase sex drive in both women and men. Protect eggs' health. Increase sperm count in ejaculate, increased seminal volume overall, and improve sperm's motility.Should you use maca?Maca is especially beneficial to you if you are trying to become pregnant or if you are getting ready to become pregnant relatively soon. Because it is a food, you can take it whenever you wish. However, if you are a woman who is experiencing any of the following, it may be especially beneficial to you:· Substandard egg health· Stress-induced infertility · Hormonal payments for ultimate in vitro fertilization · Miscarriage · Polycystic ovarian syndrome · Endometriosis Maca also helps you incur a sense of well being and have a sharper mind because hormonal balance can improve these things.

Thanks for the info cookie:)

I wonder if they sell Maca here in South Africa?

Google is my friend:) will check later when I'm @ home.

Most health food shops would likely sell it. Im going to read up on it abit more before I buy, I did try and go onto a website about the possible negative side effects but my work block the website (they block random websites) so Im going to read up about it later.

Has anyone tried cough medicine to increase their cm? I read there is one that does it although not sure what its called.

I might just take Evening Primrose Oil on top of the Inositol and folic acid, I dont want to overdo it and could easily get carried away and take everything anyone has ever mentioned could possibly help fertility. I'm very easily led!! lol

Most health food shops would likely sell it. Im going to read up on it abit more before I buy, I did try and go onto a website about the possible negative side effects but my work block the website (they block random websites) so Im going to read up about it later.

Has anyone tried cough medicine to increase their cm? I read there is one that does it although not sure what its called.

I might just take Evening Primrose Oil on top of the Inositol and folic acid, I dont want to overdo it and could easily get carried away and take everything anyone has ever mentioned could possibly help fertility. I'm very easily led!! lol

I've tried the cough syrup. we get Robitussin here. It has to be the one with only guaifenesin as the active ingredient. This is what I found online about it "One should buy the plain kind with no letters after it. The only active ingredient is guaifenesin, and it contains 100 mg per teaspoon. It is very important to avoid the versions that contain decongestants as those may dry up cervical mucus. Also, there is some conflicting information about whether dextromethorphan, the DM in some cough medicine names, may be linked to birth defects such as neural tube defects and cleft palate." So just make sure you get the plain cough syrup with nothing added. :flower:

Thanks Momofone. To be fair I dont think I need it, my cm was plentiful lol but thought I'd mention it incase anyone else could benefit.

Well its Friday, I've got 1 hour left at work and the sun is shining, so I'm a happy girl!! Looking forward to a relaxing weekend and 3 days with my beautiful boy (I don't work Mondays). We are having a heatwave over here, first good summer we have had in years, usually we get rain rain rain even through the summer. Its gorgeous! Long may it last. x

I tried the cough syrup and epo. Last cycle I had a few days of ewcm, but this cycle, even while using them, I had no ewcm, only creamy.
So I guess it works and it doesn't, or maybe my system is just messed up!

I'm having strange twinges in uterus area, but I somehow think that its normal for me, coz I've had it a few cycles.

When is the best time to test? I want to wait until af is due, but the urge has taken over:)lol.

brunette: I am also due on the 25th. I am waiting until the 26th to test

Wildchic -if you can wait til af is due then it would be better, or better still the day after but if you really can't wait then try not to test before 12 dpo. I just found early testing leads to disappointment. X

I've woken up really downhearted. I want this so much and I know deep down we haven't conceived this month :( I know it's only the first month but its still tough and I'm guessing its just going to get tougher! :wacko:

Our friend went to a Caravan in Wales on Thursday but had to come home last night ill so we are travelling down for the last night today :) Really looking forward to it. It's only 1 night but it will still be a nice little break for us 3. My son thinks he's going on holiday bless him :D

I'm not taking my thermometer with me. I think temping is actually doing me no good at all! I think next month I may not temp, check cervix etc but we will see! I'm a bit OCD so like to be in control! :lol:

Brunette I understand totally. AF is due tomoz, I'm pretty sure any 'symptoms' I may or may not have had are pmt ESP as its first month off the pill. I so want to be pg, yet another FB announcement this morn n seeing a close friend today who is 14 weeks now, I was apparently far more convinced than I realised that we'd do it first try lol but u may still have done! N if not we have next month!

I agree re testing, for first time I tested early at 10dpo n got the most blatant negative so now my minds even more conflicted between reality n stubborn hopefulness haha for me, I won't test until AF is due another time, too depressing lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->