Ttc#2+ 2013/2014! - 6 BFP's, 4 angels

So I went to the shop to get some hayfever tabs and I thought I'd see what ovulation kits they have, and I spare of the moment bought a clear blue ovulation test, you know the one that you put a strip in and it either gives you a blank face, a smiley face or a smiley face with sunshine beams round it, used it straight away when I got back to the office and I got a blank face!!! So according to that Im not fertile at all!! WTF?!?!?! Don't know what to think now, wish I'd never bought the damn thing!!!!

Aww hun, maybe you just missed the surge. I know how disheartening it must feel, but that pic you posted earlier was well on its way to being positive!

These opk's only work for some women! Like I said in a previous post, in all time we've been ttc, I only got a +opk twice! And I did a lot of opk's.

I say 'DTD, just to cover yourself'. You don't have to dtd everyday, every second day should be ok. Sperm can live in the cervix for up to 5 days.

Are you still temping? Maybe should rather invest in a saliva microscope. Its reusable and you can check your saliva any time of the day(provided you don't eat/drink anything for 2-3 hours before doing the test)

No I didn't manage to temp, my son has been waking up anywhere between 5am and 6am and the temps were really varying. I will try temping from next cycle, although in an ideal world I wont get to next cycle...I'm far too much of a stress head for all this! lol I really get obsessive.

I googled it and apparently you dont get a smiley face until the 2nd line is as dark as the control so its not positive yet and the fact that I hadn't held my pee in (was drinking water before I went to the shop) led to it being lighter. Really shouldn't have bought it. Oh well, I'll continue using my IC's and then I'll test with the CB once I think I have a positive on the IC, just as a double check. Could kick myself for wasting money, I just grabbed it and went to the counter without giving myself time to think. Its my hayfevers fault, if I didn't have hayfever I wouldn't have gone to the shop for tablets and I wouldn't have been two steps away from the opks! lol

Fingers crossed this evenings opk will give me a positive.

Sorry for moaning so much, I think I just find with my PCOS because I dont know the length of my cycle so never know when ovulation will happen, I end up waiting and waiting and after a while the waiting just sends me abit crazy.

I think next cycle maybe I should try the relaxed approach, bd every other day while I have ewcm and see what happens...no opks, I dont think me stressing is going to help anything.

Oh no Brunette I'm sorry!!! My af was abit late last cycle and I had evaps like you did and I really just wanted answers, in the end when af arrived I was relieved!! Im not good at waiting as you have probably noticed. Keeping my fingers crossed for you. xx

Aww cookie I'm sorry that happened with the cbfm :-( I was reading today that pcos ladies can have unreliable results with opks due to our high levels of lh. I think I'll look more into it when I'm on the pc later. I've ordered some cheap ones but hoping I can see a pattern in my cm and bbt to help me know when to use them cos i just know I'd burn through the lot in no time otherwise!

Buttercup - I dont have high lh levels, thats one thing I know and infact the only thing I do know, I keep seeing 'not suitable for PCOS' when its comes to opks and CBFM, but it never explains the reason. You'll know if you have elevated lh levels, because if you do your 2nd line on your opks will always be fairly dark or if they are really high always positive. When Im not approaching ovulation I dont have a 2nd line at all, so I know mine aren't high, but then I know that high lh levels are caused by high tostesterone levels and my blood tests didn't confirm high tostesterone...which is strange as I have excess hair due to PCOS!!!

AFM-cd4 today and af is almost done, just a bit of spotting, only when I wipe. Nothing else going on:( Two weeks until O for me! And then another two weeks of waiting!!!

at least the stupid :witch: is almost gone!!!! hopefully it'll be the last time you see her for a long time!!!! :)

Well I've had ewcm which has increased daily, but yesterday evening none at all, and with my opks being dark but not getting any darker I thought maybe ovulation just isn't going to happen (we didn't bd) and now today I have more ewcm so now I wish I had bd'd! I was just in a grump, thought maybe my pcos was playing tricks on me...it still could be for all I know! I'm going to take another opk at 10.30am this morning, so I'll update then (its almost 9am now) xx

my cm looks different at different times of the day too, ff says to only check one time a day and stick to that time. i usually check in the am. Although with this bd'ing every day i can't tell what the hell kind of cm i have! so i'm just doing cp & ferning right now til i get my opks (PLEASE COME TODAY)

Does this opk look positive? Or not quite there yet? Darker than yesterday's x

https://i758.photobucket.com/albums/xx226/Cookie1979_2010/5eb5afac-7d5e-4cb7-807e-68d83d24e55d.jpg

looks about there hun! just make sure it's as dark, as i can't quite tell from the photo.

No I didn't manage to temp, my son has been waking up anywhere between 5am and 6am and the temps were really varying. I will try temping from next cycle, although in an ideal world I wont get to next cycle...I'm far too much of a stress head for all this! lol I really get obsessive.

I googled it and apparently you dont get a smiley face until the 2nd line is as dark as the control so its not positive yet and the fact that I hadn't held my pee in (was drinking water before I went to the shop) led to it being lighter. Really shouldn't have bought it. Oh well, I'll continue using my IC's and then I'll test with the CB once I think I have a positive on the IC, just as a double check. Could kick myself for wasting money, I just grabbed it and went to the counter without giving myself time to think. Its my hayfevers fault, if I didn't have hayfever I wouldn't have gone to the shop for tablets and I wouldn't have been two steps away from the opks! lol

Fingers crossed this evenings opk will give me a positive.

Sorry for moaning so much, I think I just find with my PCOS because I dont know the length of my cycle so never know when ovulation will happen, I end up waiting and waiting and after a while the waiting just sends me abit crazy.

I think next cycle maybe I should try the relaxed approach, bd every other day while I have ewcm and see what happens...no opks, I dont think me stressing is going to help anything.

don't worry about moaning, that's what we're here for. we support each other right???

BFN on Home Bargains cheapie! :wacko:

sorry brunette... :( what dpo are you again? sorry i can't remember a thing anymore!

afm- another partial ferning this am, so that's good. gearing up to O. Bd'ing every night. Temp went down this am so i should be getting ready to jump up in O very soon. I really don't think i'll o til friday but i'm nervous so will probably use the soft cups tonight. if i don't get a bfp after all this sex i'm going to be freaking pissed off lol!

Buttercup - I dont have high lh levels, thats one thing I know and infact the only thing I do know, I keep seeing 'not suitable for PCOS' when its comes to opks and CBFM, but it never explains the reason. You'll know if you have elevated lh levels, because if you do your 2nd line on your opks will always be fairly dark or if they are really high always positive. When Im not approaching ovulation I dont have a 2nd line at all, so I know mine aren't high, but then I know that high lh levels are caused by high tostesterone levels and my blood tests didn't confirm high tostesterone...which is strange as I have excess hair due to PCOS!!!

I have always read that with the Clear Blue Advanced OPK, the first time you test, you will always get a blank circle. Not 100% why, something to do with having no records of your surges? Maybe try it a second time and see if its any difference? Just thought I'd mention it! :) x

Oh really I never knew that! Thank you Toria! I'm going to test this evening, with an IC and see what I get and if the line is good I'll use a CB to confirm, hopefully will get a smiley face.

Thanks Mommyxofxone - I dont think its quite a positive, but its definitely an improvement on yesterdays so Im hoping I get a darker line when I test this evening. Will make sure we bd even if its not positive as I have plenty of ewcm so figure something is happening. Good luck, hope O happens for you soon. x

Yay got a smiley face on my clear blue ovulation test!!! Also my ic opk is looking darker!!! :) Finally!!!

Yayyyy Internet (evil) cheapies have arrives so I can POAS until hearts content and drive myself even more mad.

This is today's, slight line but probably another indent!! Come on pinkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!

Yay!!!!! Cookie get to the bedroom now ;-)

Can't see a link to the test pic brunette? Just me?

All on here! Forgot to add link! :lol:

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/pregnancy-tests/1945681-6-days-late-indents-bfn.html

https://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh70/kjordanj/null_zps9c9866c6.jpg

Brunette- I don't see anything, sorry hun. I hope its because I'm on my phone!

Cookie- Congrats on the :)face
Time to get your groove on!!!!

Ahh thanks for the info Cookie, I was hoping you might know some more about it and its good to know that OPKs still work for some PCOS ladies :thumbup: Glad to hear you got a smiley face too, hope this is your lucky cycle :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->