Ttc#2+ 2013/2014! - 6 BFP's, 4 angels

I've noticed that Karvol only helps my dd when her nose is all blocked up, I've never tried it for coughs. Thanx for that info Brunette, I'll definitely try it out next time dd has a bad cough!

:) they are good!

I think I'm going to give up temping etc if we don't catch this month. I would stop now but want to know that my cycles are regular again first!

Well hubby has taken Addison back to the hospital and I'm at home trying to work but I feel like rubbish and I'm so tired so no idea how well I'll get on. I hope I dont have what Adam had, I dont want to end up being sick!!

Also hubby says that he doesn't want another baby as he doesnt think we'll be able to cope when Addison is ill...we probably wont but Im hoping we wont have many more episodes of this.

Just feel crappy right now, really thought I was going to get my bfp, Addison being in hospital, me barely getting any sleep and now feeling ill too...honestly its such a bad week!!

I know I know. I'm trying! :(
Its ok to be upset!! Im onto cycle 4 after bcp. I thought would happened by now but :nope:
It will happen!! xxx

Well hubby has taken Addison back to the hospital and I'm at home trying to work but I feel like rubbish and I'm so tired so no idea how well I'll get on. I hope I dont have what Adam had, I dont want to end up being sick!!

Also hubby says that he doesn't want another baby as he doesnt think we'll be able to cope when Addison is ill...we probably wont but Im hoping we wont have many more episodes of this.

Just feel crappy right now, really thought I was going to get my bfp, Addison being in hospital, me barely getting any sleep and now feeling ill too...honestly its such a bad week!!

:hugs: get some much needed rest hun. Hope AF stays away for you x

AFM- temp same today. No symptoms but only 4dpo.

Cookie you would find a way to manage. Hopefully Addisons Asthma will get better as he gets older. As for BFP, your not out until AF shows!

Cookie- hope the hospital gives your LO something to make him better.
I sometimes wonder if I'd be able to handle another one, but there are so many couples who can, so what makes us different. I think you will adjust when the baby is actually there. You and dh shouldn't give up that easily.

:hugs: to all that need them at the moment, i'm confident it will happen for all of us and the stress and emotions of TTC will seem like a million years ago (unless any of us decide to go for #3 or more of course..!) I've heard it's very common for it to take a little longer to conceive a second baby even if the first was conceived very quickly or was a surprise, seems this is true for quite a few of us.

Just took an OPK and I think it might be positive?! What do you ladies think? Last cycle's was unmistakeably positive so i'm not 100% sure...
https://i41.tinypic.com/296lt9k.jpg

Is the line on the left the control line? If so I'd say its very nearly there!

Where did you read that about 2nd babies?

buttercup- never heard that before! i heard the second was easier. i tried back in dec/jan cycle, and then we were ntnp after that til we were officially trying in june, and still nothing. so seems to prove true for us. Maybe i'm just not that fertile. I've been thinking about giving it ONE more try. but, my little nugget is pretty perfect so i don't know if i should screw it up with another. so nervous. sorry, rambling.

bb- oh hun hang in there, only 2nd cycle, so be brave and strong! you're going to get there!

wildchic how are you holding up?

ckj- how are you feeling?

cookie- oh hun, i'm so very sorry for you all being ill, and for everything going on for you this week. poor little addison, i do hope he's better soon, i can't even imagine. i would be an absolute mess, and doubt i'd get any work done!!!!

This is my 3rd cycle. The first one was as long as 2 pretty much so been TTC for 4 months :( Far longer than I ever imagined that it would!

bb it took me 5 cycles to get dd. oh and i was off bc for like a year and a half before that.

after having dd, i haven't been on bc. it's been TWO years. :/ no accidents. nothing.

Sorry it's the daily mail but I read this article a while back and it's food for thought at least. I guess even with BDing at the right times etc it's still the luck of the draw if the sperm catches an egg and odds are it takes most couples a few cycles at least be it their first baby, second etc. My mum had the opposite happen, I was the one who took a little while to conceive (7 months with fertility drugs as she was over 35) and my younger sister was the surprise!
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...ant-time-more-women-struggling-try-again.html

Mofo- I'm good thanx for asking:). Glad you decided to give it another go, hopefully it'll be you bfp too!

Buttercup- is the test line on top? If it is, its almost +. Test again in a few hours

Ladies, as can see by my chart, I didn't have a big jump in temp today, but after we dtd last night, I fell asleep with no clothes on(tmi, sorry) and I do believe that doing that can mess your temps up! I've been having mild cramps today, but it could be because of ovulation yesterday.

I think that a lot of women ttc#2 has some difficulties, but its not all women. My mom had her 1st and fell pregnant 9 months later and that was because she forgot to take her bcp! My sister got #2 after being off the depo for 2 years. And then there's me, almost 2years later and still nothing!

The stats are are abit depressing but we have to remember no matter how stressed or worried we get its not going to help the situation, infact it may actually hinder. There is no way of knowing how long it will take for each of us, I have fallen pregnant twice without trying so of course I thought it would be easier than it has been but it hasn't and yes its frustrating but it can't be helped, all I can do is try my best. I have PCOS and I do worry that my cysts have got worse, but if I am not lucky enough to have another baby then to be honest I'm just grateful that I have my son, as I never even thought I'd have one. He's my everything, my whole world and I'm a very lucky Mummy.

Hubby is back from the hospital with our son, he's been given more steriods and is coughing well but apparently his chest is clear, so hopefully given a day or 2 he'll be better. Horrible hearing him cough so badly, must really be hurting his poor little throat. :(

Lets all try and think positive ladies, it will happen for us...we have to believe that xx

Cookie - I am glad Addison is home and that his chest seems to be clearing up. I know when DS had a really bad, wet sounding cough and was ill a while back that it was horrible to hear him like that. The worst was in the middle of the night when it would wake him up and he seemed like he just couldn't stop. Hopefully everything (and everyone) is better in a few days and you guys can finally get a little peace.
Also, I agree with wildchic that you guys would find a way to manage. I know sometimes I wonder how I'd handle 2, it does seem a bit daunting but mostly because it's just a change and we get comfortable in what we already know. With Addison's recent hospital visits and everyone being sick and everything I'm sure it seem's like a situation that would be extremely difficult by adding another baby, but you have to remember it won't always be this difficult.

Wildchic - I believe your right, if you typically sleep clothed falling asleep with nothing on could likely skew your temp a bit. I'd say see what it's like over the next few days.

BB- I'm sorry your struggling so hard right now. I know it's got to be awful facing pregnancies at work and in those around you right now, and I would HATE the feeling of being pitied by those that don't understand. As for taking a break from temping/charting after this cycle, if you feel like it's what you need to do I can totally understand that and think it might be good, since your feeling so blue and stressed. Maybe relaxing a bit and not being so focused will be just what you need to refresh you and lift your spirit a bit.

As for me, Today is CD 16 for me, 4do, with temps staying above cover line. I am really surprised, with my crazy cycles I wasn't expecting to O until closer to CD20 or so, maybe my body is finally sorting itself out a bit. I did have a scare when I noticed a sort of gush of bright red blood on CD 14, but it thinned out turned pink and went away very quickly, so I'm hoping maybe I just had a really strong O or something and it was just intense O 'spotting'. We'll see what happens because I'm still a bit wary that FF might have gotten my O day wrong by a couple of days.

Thanks for your kind words :) Today has been tough. My best friends came round this morning and kept me preoccupied for a bit. I've been tearful on and off. I'm working myself up about going to work tomorrow and that's just silly. She said to me yesterday "Hurry up and get pregnant, I can't do this on my own" That stung a bit. I'm trying, I'm trying really fucking hard and its making me bitter! Not towards anyone just bitter about the whole situation. I'm not a strong person emotionally and I think TTC has really shown me that!

As for my cycle, I've had EWCM since AF left so hoping that's a good sign. Last month I cramped on the left and today I've been cramping on the right, is it normal to cramp a few days/a week before O?

I got a blazing positive opk later today so looks like the one I posted was almost there like you ladies said :) I also had a temp dip today so looks like it could be ov day? Last cycle my + opk was the day before ov. Glad I've oved mid cycle rather than late like last time!

Oh, that is awful. I'm sure she didn't mean to be hurtful, but that really is a HORRIBLE thing to say. Like your purposely slowing down conception just so she doesn't have someone to be pregnant with her!:growlmad: If you could 'hurry up' you'd fast forward to your BFP and do a happy dance, but your struggling and I can just imagine that the comment on top of your hard-times lately was just miserable and probably felt like a blow to the gut.

I can understand why you'd be weary about work, but like the ladies have been saying all you can do is keep going and try to keep busy and try to remain aloof when your there. I know that's really hard, like impossible, but we women have to soldier on I guess.

You've been on my mind, I know this point in time has to be incredibly painful and I just wish I could say something to make you feel better, but there really isn't anything anyone can say or do. Just know that we are here for you to vent to, and that we are rooting for you!:hugs:

As for cramping before O, I think it's fairly common. Looking at your chart, your temps and CM suggest IMO that O is imminent. I'm betting it's a bit earlier for you than last cycle. Keep on BD'ing and catch that eggy! You deserve your sticky bean. If you O in the next few days we'd be like a week apart (granted that FF has my O date right). I'm currently 4 dpo according to FF. Fingers X'd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->