Ttc#2+ 2013/2014! - 6 BFP's, 4 angels

ok first off aidensmom- holy crap. that would scare the poop out of me i would be so scared! that's so creepy!!! you need a new rental omg. I'm in pa and we are in a new build luckily, i don't think i could manage ghosts lol!

everyone is pretty early in their cycle huh? i'm cd 8. should be o'ing next weekend. dh has said he really does want another. he will stay with just dd if it would make me happy, as he just wants me to be happy. but i'm not sure what to do.

I know, we aren't planning on staying much longer than through the winter. We want to move back to PA to be close to family, although DH found a good job (the reason we moved initially) it's just not worth being away from all our friends and family, and DS growing up without his grandparents and cousins. We are homesick, so hopefully we'll only have to put up with the ghost untill spring or early summer.

It does seem like most of us our pretty early in our cycle. I guess my short luteal phase kind of brought me right behind cookie, and only a few days behind you and jess. I was at CD 17, so I guess even though I was bummed it's sort of cool being a bit closer to where everyone else is (as long as this cycle is a bit more 'normal'.`We can all wait for the O together.

Oh wow Aidensmama - I would be so scared!! But then I am a big wimp.

Well it's 2.30am here and my son has a high temp, he woke up and was shaking uncontrollably...really scared me so called the out of hours doctor and they told us to bring him in. His temp goes down for a while but then shoots back up. He stopped shaking and once awake seemed ok and was excited about going out in the dark because he wanted to look at the moon and stars. The shaking really freaked me out. Now I don't want to sleep because I keep checking on him but I can't stay up all night so I'm gonna give it a bit longer and then try and get a little sleep. I just want the poor poppet well now, he's been through enough recently. :(

Oh no Cookie! Poor little guy (and poor scared mama). At least once he woke up he was excited about something, leave it to little ones to find something beautiful in even the scariest of situations.

I know when I was a kid and I would get really high temperatures I would sort of shiver or shudder non-stop in the cases where it was really bad. My DH actually hallucinates when he has a fever that is above about 100.

I know you guys have been through a lot over the last few weeks and that high temps and the shaking are really scary, espescially in a young child, but your right, you can't stay up all night. I'd say give it a little longer and if he seems to be sleeping alright for now take the opportunity to close your eyes and get some rest, even if your super wakeful or only get in a few hours it will be good for you to rest up so you can take care of him tomorrow. Hope he's feeling better in the morning.:hugs:

Thanks xxx he just seems to be breathing fast in his sleep, when awake he seemed fine...I read fast breathing is quite common with fevers but I'm paranoid due to him being on oxygen in hospital. The doctor checked his breathing and he was fine so it's prob the temp but I can't help but worry. It's now almost 3.20am, hubby is sound asleep (why is it just us mum's that stay up and worry). The shaking thing freaked me out cos his temp was normal but when we got to the doc it was high so my reading wasn't accurate.

I guess as mum's it's our job to worry!!! Xxx

Thanks xxx he just seems to be breathing fast in his sleep, when awake he seemed fine...I read fast breathing is quite common with fevers but I'm paranoid due to him being on oxygen in hospital. The doctor checked his breathing and he was fine so it's prob the temp but I can't help but worry. It's now almost 3.20am, hubby is sound asleep (why is it just us mum's that stay up and worry). The shaking thing freaked me out cos his temp was normal but when we got to the doc it was high so my reading wasn't accurate.

I guess as mum's it's our job to worry!!! Xxx

I can't imagine how your dealing with all of this, I know the rapid breathing has got to be super scary with everything he has had going on. At least the doctor felt that he was doing ok.

I know exactly what you mean, your completely right that as mum's it's hardwired into us to worry. A few months ago when DS was up all night throwing up and crying I would just lay awake and stare at him after he fell asleep, constantly feeling his skin and just basically worrying about what would happen next. Hubby would sleep all night, meanwhile I'm obsessing over whether he is dehydrated or what could be causing the issue. I think nature gave Mom's an extra worrying-gene.

I really do hope that things settle down for you guys, and that you can find some peace. All this worrying and stress CAN'T be good for you at all. I bet your completely exhausted, physically AND mentally....so much for that day off helping you get in some much needed relaxing. I'll be thinking of you and Addison and sending good vibes your way.

Thanks so much, chatting to you has helped. I actually ended up downloading a stop watch app and counting his breaths and it was about 42 per minute, and its supposed to be 35 so in fact it's not as fast as I thought. I've given him ibruprofen and I'm hoping it gets his fever down, if not we have a prescription for antibiotics as the doc thinks it's a upper respiratory infection. He said to wait and see if the fever goes on its own.

Oh yes I'm shattered, I haven't had a proper nights sleep in a full week.

Now I know his breathing isn't too bad I'm going to try and get some sleep. Thanks again, calmed me down having someone to talk to.

Oh how I wish I could switch off and not worry like our men appear to but no can do. I guess someone has to worry and us mum's got the job. Xxx. Ok one last check and then I'm going yo sleep...It's almost 4am yawn!!!

Your quite welcome, glad I could help you relax a bit. Sweet dreams, I'll be looking for updates on how he's doing over the next day or two.

Cookie the shaking and fast breathing will be due to his high temp, Tristan has done it before, it's really scary. After taking him to out of hours they explained that it's the bodies way of trying to bring the temperature down and it's actually a good thing. How is he this morning?

AFM - Hubby fell asleep again last night, I was so annoyed so I woke him up and helped myself :rofl: My temperature dipped today so obviously didn't O on CD11. Hopefully it will keep going down and I will O soon

Hi Ladies:)

How's everyone doing?

I'm 3dpo,YAY!
I had a busy weekend and now its time to relax!

I'm so dreading this tww, just wish I could fast forward to like 10dpo:(

Yay :happydance:

I'm CD13. Just waiting to O! I'm finding I'm wishing each day away, bringing me that day closer to a BFP!! *sigh*

BB - You were right! I really did think your temp was gonna stay up, still, O's gotta be on it's way soon for you, right?

Wildchic - :happydance: Glad to hear you finally O'd. I know TWW's suck, but we'll be here to wait with you and try to keep you busy. I'll be sending you good vibes for a nice, STICKY bean.

AFM, CD 3 and nothing exciting to report. I needed some cheering up, so I watched a bunch of youtube tutorials last night and cut my self some cool, side-swept, angled rocker-chick bangs. I can't quit flipping my hair around. Nothing like changing it up to make me feel a little glam.

I'm 3-4dpo wildchic so I'm waiting along with you :) Hoping I can make it to 14dpo before testing but who knows...!
How scary cookie, hope Addison is feeling a bit better today and you too.

Thanks. I hope O happens soon!

Your well brave, I could never cut my own hair! :lol:

I've been cutting it myself for the last few years now (only going to a professional once in a while). I used to wear it short, so as I've been growing it out I just trim it up or try to cut layers or something into it.

Believe me, I've messed it up pretty good a few times, but my philosophy is that it's just hair and it always grows back eventually.

I've been coloring myself too, since I was probably about 15, which a lot of women do, but I've had some crazy mishaps with that as well. I've been just about every color (it was smurf-blue when I met my hubby).

Buttercup- I'll be keeping my fingers X'd for you as well. I know the waiting-game is miserable, but it will be good as long as you can to avoid any false negatives or disappointments. :dust: for you Post O ladies.

Morning ladies, well my son's fever seemed to break somewhere between 5am and 6am, he got up at 7am, seemed very well, no temp, playing and running around nd very happy. Then from about 11.15am, he started grizzling, so came and snuggled up to me, his temp is up again (although not as high as it was), he's shivering and feeling hot to touch. Really thought he was on the mend, this is the third day of a temperature that comes and goes. Just don't know what to do, we get his temp down and next thing you know it's back up again. He's never been this ill before, and I hate it. X

ohh cookie i'm so sorry!! that sounds horrifying!!!! when i was little, i would get temps of 103 as my norm. i would hallucinate and everything. it was really bad. so far dd's never really had any temps for the most part, i'm so glad she hasn't taken after me with the high temps. i don't want to go through what my mom did.

i hope you get everything sorted and he'll be alright!!! poor kid!

aidensmom i hope you get to leave there soon, the ghost thing would so not be ok with me lol! would freak me out so bad.

wildchic & buttercup so awesome about you being 3dpo! congrats to that! wooooo!

afm, cd9. just waiting til i decide what to do lol

Eurgh, turned up at the in laws to a baby and a pregnant 16 year old. Nice one!

It's Tristans birthday in October. He will be 3. I've got his main presents but want to get a few smaller bits. What kind of things do you buy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->