• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TTC #2 is taking over my life

thank you my lovelies for your words of kindness, it just gets worse all the time doesnt it, and also the comments from others because you already have one i feel like shouting IF ONLY YOU KNEW... when they say "time for another"... get fed of making excuses up :(

loads of love and dust xxxx

Tbh when people make comments it just say, we would like another but its just not happening.

It tends to stop them their in their tracks. Why lie or make excuses?

Low fertility happens far to many people won't talk about it. It really is the last taboo subject, why encourage it to be that way?

My first child was a suprise and unexpected when I was 19. I am now 31 and my daughter is 11. I have been trying for over 6 years. I really didn't want this big of a gap but things happened for a few years that was out of my control. Now I am trying again and I just don't know what to do. My insurance won't cover any fertility treatments so I am just going on this trip down TTC lane alone. my OH thinks I am losing my mind over this. I really am not but I do devote a lot of time thinking about it. It tears me up inside each month AF shows her ugly face.

I know exactly how frustrating it is, conceived my son the first month we tried, when he was 13 months we decided to try for number 2. My son turned 3 in October. It's been 26 cycles, the gynie says he can't see any reason why I can't conceive. I am so frustrated.
Why can it happen once so easily but the second time is so hard. Will it ever happen

Im trying to see if anything has happened since i last conceived..over 9 years ago and all i can think of is my c section?it was a horrible labour..plus the year we started trying a family member died and shook me up bad so i often wonder if that caused it..its hard to come to terms with when it happened before with no problems and the same partner :-(

Ok, so I apologize for the following rant...

I never imagined it would take us so long to conceive. I never knew you had to try so hard for anything in your whole life. And after a year of TTC #2...I can say that TTC has taken over my life! And I don't like it. I feel like I'm missing out on my life because I'm putting so much pressure on myself. "Gosh the gap between my 1st and 2nd (if it ever even happens) is getting so big!" "We WANT a big family...we just don't know if it will happen", etc. Every month is a huge letdown and somehow I still try.

Each month I miraculously convince myself that this is it! This is the last month I'll have to feel this disappointment. This is the last time we will BD just because I'm ovulating. This is the last drink I'll have for 9 months...you get the picture.

I know it's all worth it because, hey, you get a beautiful and healthy baby at the end of it. But why must it be so hard? Especially when we want it so bad? I just can't make sense of it. Especially not today.

I know these emotions of disappointment and frustration will pass but today I just needed to vent, so for whoever found their way here and is reading this, thanks for listening. And my heart goes out to anyone who is going through difficulty TTC, I never imagined I would be one of them.

I find this months since you originally posted this but I have to say I feel just the same as you do. It's as if you took a page out of my thoughts. I gave birth to my daughter August of 2011 & she passed 5 days later. We've been trying since February of 2012 & so it's almost been 1 year & it's taken over my life. This whole year went by in a blur & there's not much I can think about than we have been TTC since February & that we are still TTC & I want to move on with my life & be pregnant already!!!!!!!!!:dohh:

Ok, so I apologize for the following rant...

I never imagined it would take us so long to conceive. I never knew you had to try so hard for anything in your whole life. And after a year of TTC #2...I can say that TTC has taken over my life! And I don't like it. I feel like I'm missing out on my life because I'm putting so much pressure on myself. "Gosh the gap between my 1st and 2nd (if it ever even happens) is getting so big!" "We WANT a big family...we just don't know if it will happen", etc. Every month is a huge letdown and somehow I still try.

Each month I miraculously convince myself that this is it! This is the last month I'll have to feel this disappointment. This is the last time we will BD just because I'm ovulating. This is the last drink I'll have for 9 months...you get the picture.

I know it's all worth it because, hey, you get a beautiful and healthy baby at the end of it. But why must it be so hard? Especially when we want it so bad? I just can't make sense of it. Especially not today.

I know these emotions of disappointment and frustration will pass but today I just needed to vent, so for whoever found their way here and is reading this, thanks for listening. And my heart goes out to anyone who is going through difficulty TTC, I never imagined I would be one of them.

I find this months since you originally posted this but I have to say I feel just the same as you do. It's as if you took a page out of my thoughts. I gave birth to my daughter August of 2011 & she passed 5 days later. We've been trying since February of 2012 & so it's almost been 1 year & it's taken over my life. This whole year went by in a blur & there's not much I can think about than we have been TTC since February & that we are still TTC & I want to move on with my life & be pregnant already!!!!!!!!!:dohh:

Flipbabies - I can so relate to this post, every month is just as depressing as the last and even though I was trying for 4.5yrs with my first I feel like ive been trying for longer this time round and i dont know why? :shrug:

Barbikins - :hugs: Really sorry for your loss hun - I hope we're not on these boards for too much longer and get our BFPs soon :D x

:dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"