TTC #2, o'ing mid-January, first cycle!

justplay91

Mama to Kai and Zoe!
Reaction score
Hi ladies/gents,

Although we only had our son a little over 4 months ago :baby: , due to several factors, my OH and I have decided to add our final family member a little sooner than we initially thought we would. Now that we have my doctor's go-ahead, January will be our first month officially TTC. I'm due to ovulate around the 13th, though with only being about 5 months PP, I'm not entirely sure if I will be ovulating yet. I've had 3 periods pp. But if I don't O this month, that's okay. We aren't in a serious hurry.
We've decided to TTC now because 1. I have endometriosis, and I know that can affect fertility (though my son was a surprise birth control baby. Oops!) and 2. Financially, it would be much easier for our family if I could go back to work. However, it's very important to me that I get to be home with the kids when they are young. So if we have them close in age, that makes it easier for me to go back to work sooner.
I also am very excited to get pregnant again, as I feel the first time I spent the whole pregnancy worrying and being terrified, and I'd like one more chance to really enjoy it.
So now that I frequent both the baby forums and the TTC forums, I'd like to find some fellow TTC'ers! Anyone trying for baby #2 ovulating around mid-January??

Hi and good luck!! We are also ttc #2, ds is 10 months and we want ours close in age :) I will hopefully be ovulating around the 14th. Looks like we are cycle buddies ;)

We're ttc #2 for the first time this month as well, ds will be 16 months. I should be ovulating around Jan 18 if AF shows up time. Good luck to both of you!

DaTucker, welcome! You're my first-ever cycle buddy! Is this your first month TTC? This all feels so crazy to me, since it's my first time actually trying for a baby. Are you temping and using OPKS?
FallBabe, congrats on starting TTC. Hopefully AF shows up on time so you can stay on schedule! May I ask, what is your 16 month old like? I'm excited and terrified to have a baby/toddler that age and also have a newborn!

Unfortunately, he's VERY attached to me...if I'm in the room, he tends to be more needy and whiny then if I'm not. We've been dealing with that since he was 6 months old, though, so I don't think it will get any better until he's forced to share with another sibling. He is capably of being independent when he chooses to be though, so your son will probably be a good little helper for you when he reaches this age!

Well, so far my son seems to be fairly independent, but they change so fast at this age it's extremely hard to tell what he'll be like by the time he gets a new sibling!
And yes, I think that kids will take what they can get. Meaning, an only child will probably act like an only child until forced to not do so, lol. I'm sure your son will be a fantastic older brother when the time comes.
FallBabe, do you use OPK's or temp to keep track of what's going on in your cycle?

No, not at all. We got lucky with our son and it only took 3 cycles to get pregnant. So I'm just keeping track of the length of my cycles and CM to guess when I'm ovulating (until that doesn't work, and then I'll have to put more energy in to it). The thought of charting is a little overwhelming to me!

My first took 3 1/2 years, so I consider myself a pro at temping lol. Ds is still in our bed though, so it's kind of hard to temp as I wake up frequently throughout the night, so I'm considering using opks this time around! This is our 2nd month ttc :)

I agree about how they change so fast, ds used to be independent but has recently become very clingy. Not that I mind, but it will be pretty difficult if it's something he doesn't grow out of by the time out next baby comes along!

I'll be TTCing mid January it looks like my window is the 15th- 20th. Hopefully we'll end up being bump buddies!!!

Our DD is 15 months old and we've decided to start TTC this month! my O day should be around the 15th. Even though I wanted two years for an age gap the thought of having another baby makes me so nervous! I think that if we don't get a BFP this month then we might take two months off (don't want a Christmas baby). Definitely nervous and excited like you all!

We're doing the same thing, trying to avoid a Christmas baby. Good luck to you!

Haha, I must be the odd one out then, because I'd love a Christmas baby! My birthday is in late November, and while it always sucked that the weather here is so crummy, I liked that it was so close to Christmas.
LiteBright, we should be o'ing around the same time. I hope you get your :bfp: this month!

I'm due to o round about now, judging by the ewcm, not sure we bd ed at the right times but will again tonight. Ds is 21 months and is in bed with us from around 2am most nights. I'm also finding temping a nightmare with a toddler to contend with, thinking I may get opks for the next cycle. This out first cycle ttc #2.

Mrs_Bump, same here with the temping! About to go pick up some opks. CD10 today!! Time to get busy! We're going to bd every other day until ovulation. Reaaaally hoping I O on my normal CD14, but last time it was around CD 18, so we'll see...

And I totally didn't think about a Christmas baby!! Idk how I feel about that lol.

Welcome, Mrs_Bump! From the sounds of it, I think you're going to nail the timing actually. Good luck! :thumbup:

I feel you with the temping. I'm going to be quitting temping, at least unless/until Kai starts sleeping better through the night! I had a little cold at the beginning of this cycle, and it threw my temps way off. Plus for some reason, I'm just terrible at remembering to actually take my temp every morning BEFORE I get out of bed.

DaTucker, good luck with your 'o date! Fx for both of us that we actually ovulate when we're supposed to! I think we're going to try to bd every fertile day this cycle, since I don't really know when to expect ovulation... Hope OH is up for it.

I don't know, I just think the anticipation of Christmas, combined with that amazing excitement that comes with expecting a baby soon would be so much fun! Ask me in 12 years how I feel about it, though, when I've had to buy a bunch of expensive gifts all at once! I also think a spring baby would be really nice, but I don't know if I want TTC to take that long... :shrug:

I've always wanted a summer baby, as pretty much all of my family had a a birthday in the first 4 months of the year. We're all bunched up together. I would love to have outdoor birthday parties in the warm summer time!

My son is a late August birthday, which I think is fun. But it's unfortunate, because it's right after school has started!
I think a June birthday would be my absolute ideal.

I originally thought I wanted an August bday for my next baby, which would give a 22 month gap. That obviously came and went. So now I'm hoping to have two year gap with both babies having bdays in October. I thought it would be crazy having two birthdays the same month but the more I think about it, the easier I think it would be. Do combined parties. Do all of the bday shopping and planning at the same time. I'm really hoping we get our BFP this cycle, but it is only the first cycle and I know it doesn't always happen right away.

Due to O on the 18 DD and I share June as a birthday month if I get a BFP then OH and baby #2 will share an October birthday, which would be great!!

LiteBright, two birthdays in the same month would be nice and easy. I think an October baby would be fantastic! Cheers to getting some January :bfp: 's and our October babies!

Leah, baby dust! :dust:

I'm due to 'o this coming Tuesday according to my fertility tracker, which is also coincidentally the day OH and I are getting married! So I hope I actually do this month. It would be neat to conceive a child on the day we got married! I'm getting a flashing smiley on the CB advanced digital ovulation test, though, so maybe I'm actually going to 'o earlier?? Who knows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->