Ttc #2

Shaele

Reaction score
hello everyone! i am new to this site...just created my account minutes ago and what better way to continue this trend by making a new thread as well? i couldn't find one to join that wasn't ttc #1 or #3. so here i am. Anyway a little about myself...i have a 17mo old daughter by c section. (I didn't dilate or progress during labor). My hubby and I conceived her first cycle. Now we are trying for number 2 and it just isn't happening as quickly. I am on my 6th cycle and I am getting really disheartened. I have a very regular cycle...about 31 days. I o'd on January 7th so now I am in the middle of the tww...yet again...*sigh* I feel like I am having pregnancy symptoms even though I am only 5 dpo...maybe it's my mind playing tricks on me because I want to be pregnant so badly. But I am feeling really nauseous, headaches, dizzy, and hot flashes at times. I am trying not to get my hopes up because i think i have felt these symptoms before and it still came up bfn. For my daughter I got a bfn 10 dpo so I'm trying to hold out testing until 5 more days. This wait always kills me though. So, anyway, I'd like to hear from anyone...we can go at this together! I've been putting off signing up for one of these but now I think i need the support. Hubby is just like it will happen when it happens...men don't understand the emotional drain we go through when we see those bfn each month! Hope to hear from you all soon and I'll keep updating.
~Shelly~

oops i meant i got a BFP at 10 dpo with my daughter. my bad.

:hi:
Did you make a journal? If not, I'm happy to be your first stalker. :flower:

I always have trouble with symptoms. I haven't been pregnant before, but all my AF symptoms mirror pregnancy symptoms. I understand about the fella in your life too. I had it out with DH a few years back because I didn't think he cared at all. :blush:

Good luck to you and :dust:

hello everyone! i am new to this site...just created my account minutes ago and what better way to continue this trend by making a new thread as well? i couldn't find one to join that wasn't ttc #1 or #3. so here i am. Anyway a little about myself...i have a 17mo old daughter by c section. (I didn't dilate or progress during labor). My hubby and I conceived her first cycle. Now we are trying for number 2 and it just isn't happening as quickly. I am on my 6th cycle and I am getting really disheartened. I have a very regular cycle...about 31 days. I o'd on January 7th so now I am in the middle of the tww...yet again...*sigh* I feel like I am having pregnancy symptoms even though I am only 5 dpo...maybe it's my mind playing tricks on me because I want to be pregnant so badly. But I am feeling really nauseous, headaches, dizzy, and hot flashes at times. I am trying not to get my hopes up because i think i have felt these symptoms before and it still came up bfn. For my daughter I got a bfn 10 dpo so I'm trying to hold out testing until 5 more days. This wait always kills me though. So, anyway, I'd like to hear from anyone...we can go at this together! I've been putting off signing up for one of these but now I think i need the support. Hubby is just like it will happen when it happens...men don't understand the emotional drain we go through when we see those bfn each month! Hope to hear from you all soon and I'll keep updating.
~Shelly~

Hello :wave:

I am in my first TWW trying to conceive our second child :) I am currently 3dpo, so not too far behind you.

Good luck!!

hello MumDreamz! thank you for joining. I did not make a journal. Is that something you can make on this site or do you mean like a physical journal at home? I understand about preg symptoms being like AF ones. I can't tell you how many times I searched online how to tell the difference between them. Seems like nothing gives me a straight answer. What stage at are you in your cycle? We can stalk each other haha.

hi mummaof1! thank you for joining as well! Glad to hear you are close to my cycle i think it will help keep my mind off wanting to test. I will be happy to stalk you too lol. Good luck to you both!

Hi, just updating like promised. Today marks 6dpo for me and Ive been having period like cramps since this afternoon....only intensifying as the day grew on. Nothing I can't handle...just aching. I looked up what that could be and got a lot saying it could be implantation cramps. And I was thinking that shouldn't last a few hours should it? Plus it's still really early. Could be phantom symptoms too. But I swear it feels like I could get my period tomorrow. Time shall tell. Hope everyone is doing well

I think that could be a good sign! The timing is right too :)

Afm, I am now 4dpo and obviously no symptoms of any kind yet :haha:

When are you planning on testing Shaele?

I am hoping so mummaof1...not being able to know for sure yet is driving me crazy! As far as me testing I'm going to *try* to hold out until Sunday but wow that sounds so far away lol. I got my bfp (and a strong positive at that) at 10 dpo with my daughter so I'm thinking I'll start around there. But the past months I have tested a day or so sooner. We shall see how I'm feeling I guess.

Also, Maybe you won't have any symptoms...I don't think I did with my first. But I don't really remember. Keep me updated though! Wishing you lots of dust!

Im trying ttc my number 2 but my partners third, first cycle, I'm in my window now so my chart says but haven't had positive on a ovulation kit yet, period due 31st Jan xx

We are thinking of trying for our second this year. My daughter is coming up 11 months. Im really broody but also abit scared! I hate feeling sick and eith my dd i could go to bed or rest. I am generally worried about coping with the first trimester and having a toddler.

I am totally missing the excitement of waiting for her to be born and preparing. It took 4 cycles to fall pregnant last time. It is frustrating when your so desperate for it to happen. I hope you fall pregnant soon xx

hi glong88 and laura109! thanks for your input. I apologize i did not reply or update yesterday. It was a very busy day and we weren't home most of it.

glong88-i use opks each month too. this month i ovulated a bit later than i normally do so when i kept getting empty circles during the time my chart said i was suppose to be fertile i was getting worried! I understand the feeling. keep testing...im sure you will get your positive opk soon! good luck!

laura109-i understand what you are feeling. the first trimester isn't fun for most of us i believe. and toddlers are tough to deal with when you are feeling miserable. do you have anyone that could come help you during that time? Fortunately the first trimester troubles don't last nearly as long as toddler troubles and you get that extra boost of energy in your second trimester. I knew since i was a child myself that i wanted to have more than one baby. so whenever im feeling anxious about another baby in the house now i think back on how i was an only child and id really prefer that not to be the case for my daughter. plus we are strong women right?! we can handle ANYTHING after we had to give birth...lol. Do what you feel is right. good luck!

As for updates on me-yesterday all i had was still period like cramps. my symptoms usually get worse..or maybe a better word would be more noticeable during the evening hours. today i'm feeling ok. which kind of worries me. i'm dreading testing yet i can't wait to...i'm very afraid of seeing another negative test. its such an emotional bomb of agony. i'm always surprised at how eager and excited i am again to try the next month after getting disappointed so many times. my symptoms might show up later in the day. i'll check back then. have a good day everyone!

I just joined and am TTC #2 as well. Rather...we will be TTC with next ov, which should be the first week of February. I have a 27 month old daughter. Good luck! :)

Hi slammerkin! Welcome to that chat. I wish you luck next month! Is this your first month trying since your daughter? How exciting! Today marks 9 dpo and I gave in and tested and got a :bfn: I am not surprised but still disappointed. I am probably out this month. I know that sounds early but I am pretty sure that's the case. Must muster up the energy to try try try again next month. Gonna make a doc app just to make sure everything is running as smoothly as I think it is. I shall keep checking back with you all and continue with my own ttc journey.

Hi, I read through all your posts and wanted to join in on the convo, made an account just to comment! I'm also TTC #2, I had my daughter when I was 16, she wasn't planned and I was under the impression I couldn't ovulate because of what doctors told me about my irregular cycles. So she was a miracle to me. Since then I've been told by the best obgyn I've ever had, that doctors are wrong a lot. She says she has many patients with irregular cycles and even PCOS and they still have kids, so she gave me faith! I'm 20 now, and my cycles are regular (first time having cycles since before my daughter, was on depo and BC pills), been trying for 5 months, just now starting to track my cervical position, mucus, and temp. Wishing all of you the best in your journeys!!! Much baby dust!!!

Sheale, yes, this will be our first attempt. My daughter was a fairly demanding baby and a terrible sleeper so we were not ready for quite a while. Finally feel ready now. :)

hi StarHaze! welcome! thank you for sharing your story...i love hearing when our bodies can defy bad news. it sounds like you are in a much better position now ttc...what with having a regular cycle and all. Although i do have to mention i have many friends who have irregular cycles and pcos who have kids and had no trouble conceiving so even though i am not a doctor i agree with your new obgyn! have you tried opks? i use them even though i have a regular cycle too. they just give me peace of mind and to know when to really really focus on bd-ing. temping is good too but i suggest adding an opk too because with temping you'll only know you ovulated after your temp change...with opk you'll know before you ovulate so you can plan accordingly and not miss anything :happydance: i wish you much luck! and keep us all informed!

slammerkin-that's wonderful! you might be surprised...every baby is different. the next one could be total opposite personality. that's what everyone is telling me. my daughter is so easy going...slept through night starting second night we brought her home. sleeps until 9 or later every morning. almost never cries. now everyone tells me watch out for number 2!!! i take it with a grain of salt. you never really know. and plus i always think it will be fun no matter what the outcome though because once they grow up...we are going to miss what they did no matter how troublesome or good they were and wish we could go back. enjoy every second of everything! good luck to you! keep us informed!

HI all!! I would love to join the group! I have a 1 year old son and will be TTC #2 in March!! I know I'm a bit early to joining a group but I am so ready and want to be engaged with other women who are TTC as well! My next AF should be here Feb 2nd, then I get my Mirena IUD removed Marvh 1st and will hopefully get a withdrawal bleed or my next period right after that :thumbup: so hopefully two more cycles and I can start symptom spotting with you all!

My son was a surprise so I am slightly excited/ slightly nervous to actually try! Sending all of you ladies lots of baby dust!! :dust:

hi BSelck24! you are of course welcome to join! Glad to have you with us on our ttc journeys. I hope we can be of some help.
AF due in 2 days for me and I have been really emotional. Crying over everything. Just wish i could fast forward through this week and get back to trying again. was really hoping this was our month but ugh. just don't understand how i could conceive so easily the first time and now im stuck. my obgyn was telling me how fertile i must be to have conceived so quick and now im like where's that perfect fertility now huh? so frustrated sorry...venting. how is everyone else doing?

Shaele thank you for the welcome!! Have you come off some sort of birth control since your daughter? Couldn't remember if you said you did! And I know that can make baby #2 take a bit longer -

I too am slightly nervous to be pregnant and nauseous with now having a baby to keep up with/hold/ and give energy to!

How many kids are you all wanting? My next may be my last as my husband has two daughters from a previous marriage (who I love!) but for him that would be 4 kids total and he's a bit older than me and doesn't want to be "too old"

I told him, for guys who cares how old you are! Us women are the ones with the time clock who are limited as to when we can have children! Men can have them their whole lives!!

Hey all. I had my positive on ovulation sticks yesterday so I ovulated a little later than normal. Hopefully get to bed tonight and catch the little eggy! I'm so excited to fall pregnant I just cannot wait

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->