TTC #3 after Pre-eclampsia?

Ashley8806

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I am in the process of finding out if I'm expecting after a birth control mix-up, but most likely AF is starting. So it has gotten me thinking, and I originally didn't want baby #3, but with this whole "scare" going on, I got so excited and my feelings changed completely. I have a bit of a history, with DD#1 I had pregnancy induced hypertension. It was controlled by medication, but the day I went in for my C-section (breech baby), my b/p was sky high and they suspected pre-eclampsia, but never tested any further as we were going in for C-section anyway. With DD#2, my b/p was perfect. Nothing real exciting went on this pregnancy, lost weight rather than gained, but other than that was a pretty good, healthy pregnancy. Then one day at work I began getting pains in the UR part of my belly, went to hospital b/c pain was getting worse, and my b/p was 208/128, and my liver enzymes were high. They suspected it was pre-eclampsia / HELP syndrome. I was 35 w 4 days, and ended up with a C-section and she was in the NICU for 10 days.

ANYWAYS, lol, after that long story my point is.... I think I'm ready to try for baby #3, and hubby says he will do whatever I want to do as far as have another or not. I'm just scared. Is anyone else trying after complications? I guess I'm just scared to test fate, even though after having DD#2 the dr's told me I would be fine to have another, they will just monitor me closely.

Thanks in advance ladies :flower:

I had preeclampsia when I was pregnant with my first, he was born 6 weeks early and is fine (He's 11 now) My second pregnancy I didn't get preeclampsia, but I had placental abruption and bleeding off and on, I was told my conditions from my first pregnancy had nothing to do with the other. Not sure how much that would help you.

Thank you for your reaponse :) just tryong to get others opinions.

i had pre-eclampsia with my first...and though I'd been saying i had it since about 35 weeks when i swelled up so much i could barely walk, they didnt see it until i was in labour, so they induced me :)
im trying for number 2. I'm not too worried about it, since when you have a history, they do keep a closer eye on you so they'll probably be able to spot it quickly!

Thanks I'm just scared of another nicu baby earlier this time. Best of luck to you!

Just thought I'd bump this up to see if anyone else has anything to add :) We are thinking of trying in November, just trying to get my cycles back to regular, or at least ovulate b/c never really had a full AF. Argh! Thanks in advance ladies :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->