TTC #3 next year

Mummy1506

Mummy of 2 boys :)
Reaction score
Hello,

So today I'm feeling very excited at the thought of another baby, we change our minds almost daily on #3 or not, seems such a hard decision to make. I work part-time but is starting to be quite stressful when they are sick etc what I do as my Mum used to have them for me but we lost her rather suddenly last year I really didn't appreciate how much we relied on her & really wish I hadn't taken her for granted so much in the past :cry:.

The summer really hit home for us that after we paid all our childcare out I actually made about £30 for the whole month :growlmad: so really wasn't worth all the stress!!! and to make it worse I actually had to take extra time off as they got a sickness bug & couldn't go to club that we had paid for!!

So my thoughts are probably will earn just as much doing a few hours in the evening at a supermarket or something once hubby is home from work.

Sorry for a long post but does anyone else feel the same trying for another baby that you change your mind all the time??

x

This is exactly why I stay home! While we could do with the extra money, after you've taken out the childcare, the general stress and the inconvenience and worry if the kids are sick, the CM is sick, my shifts were changed etc etc we have decided that for the foreseeable future I'll be a SAHM. That will probably be the case until DS3 is in at least pre-school if not full time school. Even then my hubby will be a qualified teacher then so holidays shouldn't be a problem but I don't see myself working more than part time for the next decade.

We're umming and ahhing about number 4 - if I'm home anyway it's not going to make a difference but long term it'll be a whole different ball game. I'm so unsure and I don't have long to decide really as I'd like them close together.

U also keep changing my mind hourly on the subject of number 3! dh will do what ever I thinks best so is mostly down to me. it's such a hard decision and I really do r know what we will do, I thought about ttc late next yr but thinking maybe a few months into the following yr insted so I can enjoy my 30th birthday (1st jan) but I don't know whether we will at all I really don't know what the best thing to do is and whether its to go ahead, stick with 2 ir see how we feel next yr, drives me crazy keep thinking about it. I feel slight ease when I think I've made a decision but a few hrs later I'm questioning it again thus is the hardest decision I've wee had to make in my whole life ever! the first 2 were a given but a 3rd is a whole different ball game.

I keep looking for an answer but I know only I can make that call :-(

Ah at least I'm not alone! I think we will go for it next year, we will make it work one way or another we always have. We have a holiday in April abroad so it will be after that so will still have another summer of childcare to get through yet! But apart from the cost the stress of it all is just really not worth it, then we have 2 sports days 2 xmas plays & my hubbys job he can't go to them as doesn't work local so its soo hard for me trying to juggle everything.

Looking forward to being a SAHM for a while!

x

My dh works away too sometimes for the while week sometimes day to day so that's something to consider also. I'm glad you have made your decision and do not have this nagging feeling! sounds just right for your family, I can't not work as I have an important career but I have reduced hrs right down only do 2 days a week which is great :) good luck with ttc next yr! I may or may not be on there with you!

I'm another one who can't decide on TTC #3. I was thinking about it a lot (too much!) a few months and decided I needed to concentrate on something else so I have been focusing on getting our kitchen renovated. If I'm going to have a 3rd child I want to have a dishwasher! Once that is done I will probably get back to thinking about it more.

My main fear is if we do decide to TTC I don't want to get obsessed with it that it makes me depressed if it doesn't work out. I'm also worried about how I would cope if I had another miscarriage, I'm just not sure if I should risk my mental health but then anything can happen in life so I can't protect myself from things going wrong!

I'm another one that's undecided about whether to have a 3rd but, if we do, we'll start trying between March and May next year.

Up until about a month a go, I was almost certain that we'd go for it, but I've really started to question the idea again recently. I love the idea of TTC, being pregnant, giving birth and having a newborn again, and ultimately I've always liked the idea of 3 kids, but I worry about upsetting our family life again now that we're just starting to feel really settled with 2.

I'm with you too! Lately I've been very broody but we have a 3 yo and a 7 mo old... Should probably wait until at least next year to try for a third. But at times the thought of 3 is completely overwhelming. I work full time as does DH so the daycare costs are anxiety-inducing as they are with the two, three would be SO expensive. On the other hand I am not one to enjoy pregnancy, so I'd rather just get it over with! Basically the same as you ladies that I go back and forth. But I truly feel in my heart that my family isn't done yet...so I'll likely be TTC next year! DH is ready to try now, lord help me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->