TTC 30s/40s Club

HI Suz - hang in there :) you are younger than me so def do not give up i won't either even
though just turned 41. I had a m/c at 27 and so this will be first try again since then. I think it was so awful to go through I have been afraid to try, but have to move forward or I'll miss my chance at being a mom altogether I fear. I know a lot if it is mond over matter. We have to not think negatively that we are too old, or there is something wrong with us.
Just think - you know what? I can do this and so can my body. I don't care what Dr's say.
I know a woman that had twins at 44, another had a boy at 45, and my great grandmother had a baby in her 40's - at the same time her daughter was pregnant too - imagine! How Kool.

Hi All

I thought id introduce myself, Im Lisa and Im 31, my partner and I have been ttc #6. Good luck to you all

Lisa xx

Hi Lisa! My oh and I will be trying for baby #6 this fall. Right now were ntnp and I still have not had the :witch: show up yet and I don't think I will until Lennox is weaned. BTW I'll be 37 in September and Chad will be 38 in October.

GL to all of you!

Hello everyone, im Louise OH is sean, been TTC#1 for over 2years, be our first ever child

Have no cycle but just took northesterine and had AF on 14th june, took clomid on day2-5 looking for a buddy xx

Hey there !! DH and I are both 31 . We have been TTC for 2 years . I have a 9 year old son from previous marriage . I am on my first round of Clomid 50 mg cd 5- 9 . I am currently 9DPO and praying this is my month !! DH recommended I take a break from the forums and charting this month because I was just getting so overwhelmed !! So today is my 1st day posting here in some time .
Good Luck Ladies !!
Hit me up if you wanna swap stories . !! haha =)

Hi Im 30 and have just started ttc with my DH after being on the pill (migro 30) for 15 years, not sure when i am due on as my AF were always really iregular, according to some websites i should have had AF a couple of days ago, no sign yet so fingers crossed. :flower:
Wishing you all luck xx

Hi, I am Jennifer (32) married to my DH of 12 years and we have 5 kids together. DH had a Vasectomy when I was pregnant with #5 and it was regretted right away. He just got the vasectomy reversal done on June 14th, 2 weeks ago and we are hoping to be blessed one more time!!!

Hi Im 30 and have just started ttc with my DH after being on the pill (migro 30) for 15 years, not sure when i am due on as my AF were always really iregular, according to some websites i should have had AF a couple of days ago, no sign yet so fingers crossed. :flower:
Wishing you all luck xx

Snap! 15yrs on Migrogynon 30 and my first cycle was 25 days... awaiting the next......

Me and DH are also 30 and I didn't realise until I started to research this that biologically I'm old!!!!!! :cry:

Hi.

My name is Cathy and I am 32. I have 3 children already who are 9 years, 6 years, and 15 weeks old! All boys!!

I had a miscarriage 2 weeks ago which was a pregnancy we didnt really plan but was welcomed. We were just getting our heads round it when I started bleeding :(

Anyway, this made us realise that we wanted another so we are now officially TTC baby # 4!

Maybe this time will be a girl. I don't really have a regular cycle so lord knows when I OV. It must happen though at some point :) I have evidence!!

Anyway I just thought i'd say hi and good luck to you all. Lots of baby dust to you all xxxxx

Hi ladies,

My name is China and I am 33 & DH is 35. I have 2 boys ages 12(13 in Oct) & 9.

Hello! i am 37 y.o. and am trying to conceive baby #2! My dh is 38. I know we are on the older side but we are glad we waited to start our family. We have one little girl who is 16 months old but has a rare lung disease. She will eventually be okay but for now she needs oxygen. We have struggled with the decision to conceive another baby given our first has a lung disease but the doctors have told us this disease is not congenital so here we are trying for number 2!
Looking for a partner to start this journey with. I am currently cd6! thanks deb

I'm 37 Yrs Old, my DH and I have been ttc for 2.5 yrs I had an abdominal myomectomy and had 9 fibroid tumors removed, we are now just getting back to ttc, I am currently 5dpo

Welcome Future to BNB!! Good luck on your journey to a :bfp: !! This is a great site for support and encouragement. Lots of :dust: to you.

Hello All,

I'm 32, hubby is soon to be 48 and we are TTC :baby: No 1. This is going to be our 3rd cycle of really trying as our attempts last year were cut short by my diagnosis of a rare disease called Sarcoidosis. I'm just getting back on my feet and it's now or never!

We started out hoping to "not try and not prevent" in June. But, when I got my period we were both more disappointed than we thought we would be, so for the second cycle I tried some cheapy opk sticks from ebay. That only lasted about 5 days! What a pain in the neck.. it's like is it light? is it dark? positive? faulty? Whatever!!!

So, this cycle I've gone all high tech and bought a Clearblue Fertility Monitor off ebay and I can't wait to play! Tomorrow is cycle day 6 so my first day of testing! :happydance: yipeee! Anybody else using the CBFM?

My only concern is that we will actually DO IT :hugs: as often as we should and WHEN we should, as we are both quite "sluggish" in this dept. We don't tend to listen to devices, we just do it when we're in the mood... *sigh* We'll see.. DH says he doesn't mind, but I can just hear it now... "Aw, Love, I'm knackered!!" LOL

Good luck everyone!!! Anybody need a buddy?

Hi everyone I'm 40 & TTC #3. I hope this is the right place for my age, I didn't see anyone in my age bracket.

Hi all, I turned 30 in May as well, DH is 32 and we have been ttc for 5 cycles now. Currently on 7dpo and going crazy trying not to poas.
I have lurked around these boards for a while so I thought it was time to post!

I was diagnosed with endo back in 2002 and had it lasered off. No bc since then besides just avoiding the middle of the month.

I had no idea how difficult it would be to concieve until I started trying. Have obgyn apt mid August to investigate possibility that endo has returned. I would dearly love to turn up to that appointment pregnant!!!

Wishing everyone lots of luck!

Hi all, I am 37, OH is 41, we are trying to conceive No1 but he has a 12 year old from another relationship. Came off pill Dec 2009, and unfortunately had 2 MC's this year. :wacko:

I am hoping my body will one day be able to carry a baby all the way. No tests done yet. TTC again this week, day 9 of cycle now, wish me luck for sticky bean this time! :flower:

Good luck to us all. :hugs::hugs::hugs::dust:

Hi, I'm 32, my DH is 23. I have a 7 year old son and he has a 1.5yr old daughter. I stopped taking bcontrol in may, this is my 3rd cycle of ttc. although I don't really count may, because he was in Cali for military training for 1/2 the month. Last month seemed like a normal cycle. 29 days. This month I ovulated early though, so it has been extra nerve racking. tested this morning, got a BFN. Had sore breast around implantation time, my hormone headaches that I usually have also stopped around that time. (I get them daily and they are gone), no cramps this month, definate shooting pains though. I'm so confused. Not suppose to start till tomorrow. I wish there was just a green and red light that flashed after implantation to say you were good to go, or just give up this month and expect AF.:wacko:

Greetings! I'm 36, Fiance is 29 and we have been trying since Sept. 2010. I am secondary unexplained. I have a daughter who will be 16 thsi month, and have not been pregnant in the last 15 years. My fiance has no kids, but his count, motility, etc. is normal. :spermy: We took a break for the month of July TTC, and we are back at it agian this month. We've done 7 medicated cycles, with no success. This month we are trying only injectables with no Clomid, and HCG trigger. Today is cycle day 8 for me. Ultrasound yesterday (cycle day 7), 5 follicles and 562 E2 levels. Back to the the ER on cycle day 9. Last month I tesed like crazy---cycle was 29 days naturally. Was so used to it being 24/25 days bc of meds. :brat: Thought we might actually be preggy, but another BFN. RE thinks we may need to move to IVF, but giving it a few more months. I see no one has been on this thread for a while, hopefully we can get it started up again!:happydance:

Hi - think I left it way too late, I am 39 (40 in June) and hubby is a lot older at 53. Been trying since April 2011. I've had a scan and blood test and all looks OK. Can't get hubby to GP to test him so far!! Not sure he feels the time pressure I do and his mind set is more "what will be, will be". I'm more "if we are going to try, lets give it the best shot we can so we don't end up with any if only's"!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->