TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

Hi ladies well ,I had a bit of a temp rise today and still no af but bfn ,I did get a false positive on an early predictor test on Friday but not even a sniff of a line anywhere else ,also had really deep pains on the bottom right hand side of my back this morning ,really painful :shrug:Miss c ,really delighted for you ,:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Miss C that is such good news :happydance: when pregnant with son line came up before control so that is excellent!

I suppose at the moment I am not going down the route of exploring alternative therapies as we have been so half hearted about sibling conception (maybe miscarriage last year mucked up the wanting another baby more than I realised) now we are charting and BD on a schedule as BOTH really want a baby now ....... I am hoping that maybe we can fall by year end so let's check in in May when I will be 42 and who knows what I will be doing to conceive!!!!

Just cooking dinner so enjoy the rest of the weekend ladies

gaf x

Great news MissC :happydance: :rofl: I remember the flaming snatches!

Gaf70, I hope you had more success with your dinner, I've just found out I'm trying to grill my roast dinner!!! :loopy: CD22 - maybe it's a sign coz if I was PG I would at least have something to blame it on :rofl:

Hope everyones having a good weekend. :hugs:

So happy for you Miss C :happydance:

Loving the grilled roast dinner nise :D

Desperado - keeping everthing crossed

AFM - i had my accupuncture yesterday. Yes he said something about Baby's Temple or something - and using that point maybe next week. We spent over an hour going over health issues and our attitude to ttc. He asked things ranging from wether i sipped or slurped my drinks to the colour of my period and weather my OH's testicles shrunk much in the cold! lol

The treatment was needles in ankles. knees, wrists and one low down in the tum. He said that that was the only point he used after ov in the pelvic region. I swear i felt a little jolt deep inside and then a gentle 'popping' sensation, like pop-corn going off in there :-s He set light to the ones in my knees and burned herbs over my tummy. Felt lovely, smelt lovely - nearly laughed though. Halfway home i felt so sleepy and relaxed i nearly had to stop the car....felt calm and so peaceful all day.

The main thing for me was though was that somewhere in the converstaion he said casually " ...... when you're pregnant we'll keep an eye on that reaction to cold you have".

WHEN. not IF.

I love him! :D

Going back next Saturday. OH is going to give it a go too in a couple of weeks.

Hugs to all, happy Monday xx

Hello ladies - long time no posting!
Firstly CONGRATULATIONS Miss C!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance: I'm sooo excited for you and keeping fingers and toes crossed that at last you will have a happy and healthy baby. You deserve it!
Glowstar ... wow - how exciting to be having a boy! I love all the positive news as it really gives me hope that I can and will get pregnant again.

AFM, well finally AF showed and now my hormones have calmed down - no more screaming banshee moments! Thermometer has been dusted off, CBFM is out and its shagathon time!! No idea what is going to happen with my cycle so we'll see - have been having HIGH'S since last Friday so hopefully peaks soon.

I too have been having acupuncture generally once pre ov, and once post ov and yes only in the pelvic area pre ov. Its really helped me with the stress over losing mum and the miscarriage and I always feel so much better afterwards. I can only afford twice a month but its money worth spending I feel!

Good luck everyone who is in the 2WW - I'm not looking forward to that bit!

Afternoon ladies

Mistyy, pleased to hear your accupuncture went well. Sounds so relaxing.
Miss C, glad you have a very positive line, sounds good!

Desperado, hope the hag stays away x

I'm actually in my 2ww lol. This cycle is an odd one. Currently 4dpo. FF confirmed ov at 9 dpo FF also thinks ad is due on Friday but there's no way. I'm never that early. Still dtd anyway just in case.
Hope all you lovely ladies are well x

Hello all
Beetle, great to hear from you and so glad you are feeling better xxx
I gave up with the acupuncture - seeing as some of our problems are male factor I didn't understand her philosophy of not bothering to treat him whilst taking loadswonga from me..!
Anyway, glad it's helping you ladies!
Despie - sorry to see your chart is nosediving, fingers still crossed it leaps up tomorrow x
SPOOMIE!!! I see you looking at the thread! Write and say hello! x

.. yes, that's the problem with acupuncture - it costs money! I average £80 a month towards the cause. There is no way that I could get my OH to pay to have needles stuck into him however! Still, its way cheaper than IVF! I'm hoping to avoid going down that route if possible. We are giving it a few more months before making the BIG decision. Have you decided what you are going to do? (sorry I may have missed you post on that). Or are you focussing on the wedding! V. exciting about the dress! Bargain!!
To take my mind off TTC I'm focussing my efforts on trying to get OH to take me on holiday! A little bit of winter sunshine will do us both good. Any suggestions for somewhere with sunshine in January but activity based??

I just remembered something else I did differently though I have no idea if it made a difference. I switched my pre-natal. I was taking Elevit but the Blackmore's Conceive Well Gold was on special so I bought that one instead and was doing it for 6 weeks prior. anyway just something else that may change things inside!

Accupuncture at the time I didn't feel anything but afterwards I definitely felt calmer and lighter a bit floaty. There were 2 spots on my ankle that when she took the needles out my whole leg would jump like I had been shocked, was really weird.

Twinny worried about you please say hi.

Beetle honey so glad to see you and that you sound like you are jumping back on board, you know we have all been there and do know how you feel. I couldn't actualy bd that first cycle back or so, the thought of ttc was giving me panic attacks and then when we finally did I was a basket case and sobbed the whole time.

Kaelia FFFFFFFFFF gives ya the shits hey - says O on a day you know aint right then it shfts it and then tells you the witch should be here when you know she aint and the damn thing tells you to test when you know you are out!!!!! Happy TWW!

Hey Twinny, checking out the thread every day or so, just nothing much to say. Anniversary of our last mc is drawing near and I feel very low, that in a year there has been no good news. I fear that my journey nears an end. Hope all is well with you x

Reb, I found myself wondering which of the cellists on Strictly was you on Sunday night :haha: x

Oh Twinny thank heavens there you are!! Hugs honey, we too said this was the end for us, with until the December cycle and then that was it - I pray and pray that we can complete this journey together.

Oh wow, Spoomie - if I could get that gig it would pay a lot better than my job! Hee hee. I did do Top of the Pops once, and that AWFUL programme, The Word, a long time ago!

Well, here's a ME post! You have been warned...
I finally got my results from the Lister. Not only is it seemingly impossible for me to have got pregnant (since I was 37 ish) I also have a hideous immune system which makes it much more likely that I would miscarry. If I do the IVF I will have to take, on top of the IVF meds; steroids, until 12 weeks; intralipil IV's x3; aspirin and injected heparin. Woo hoo.

I finally got my results from the Lister. Not only is it seemingly impossible for me to have got pregnant (since I was 37 ish) I also have a hideous immune system which makes it much more likely that I would miscarry. If I do the IVF I will have to take, on top of the IVF meds; steroids, until 12 weeks; intralipil IV's x3; aspirin and injected heparin. Woo hoo.

if you look in my thread talk to mon-and-Jon...she is doing the intralipids as well...pregnant now...doing well.

I did the steroids & heparin too...PITA but not a big deal really

Thanks LL - I pm'd Mom and John already about the steroids - this was before I knew about all the other stuff - and it's good to know that the meds aren't too bad! I will go and stalk your early journal again - I haven't visited for a few days anyway so I'll come and say hi! x

Gosh Reb, that all sounds so complicated but I suppose on the bright side at least you know about this before you spend loads of money on IVF rather than finding out after.

AFM - back to CD1. God it's like a big game of snakes and ladders - You have O'd take 12 steps forward. Aunt Flo has come to stay slide back to the start!!!
ttc is going to be frustrating this cycle as we are knee deep in people over the next 2 weeks :brat:

Snap, Nise - she got me today too! 2 days early, old cow. As to ttc - you'll just have to announce to all your friends - 'excuse me, dear friends, but I have to go shag. It's my fertile window!' x

Golly Reb that's a lot of pills!! Still at least you know the cause of not getting pregnant. Hopefully with an answer like that it makes your decision easier not harder. Fingers crossed for you. Sorry the old hag arrived early. She really does test ones sanity sometimes!
AFM shagathon over! Phew! Sadly though my OH has become worse than me on knowing where i am in the month, what my temp is doing etc etc and as a result any 'lurving' has gone out the window. I got the quote 'we are on a schedule' this morning! Couldn't believe it! Hmm - will be having words but was so shocked this morning that I couldn't find the words! Had really bad tummy pains last night so pretty sure I O'd last night. But I think I've blown it as I had pineapple for the last 2 days, as I love pineapple and remember someone saying it was good for fertility. Anyway I did some reading this morning and it appears it makes your ** hostile and you should take it only after you O'd to aid implantation. GRRRRR! I did wonder why my cervical fluid had upped and left the building. I really hope I haven't blown it. Any advice? It was just a slice of pineapple yesterday and the day before.

I did the heparin and aspirin and now it's progesterone too ,really not too bad at all ,u get used to the jabs really quickly and if it's gonna work and get u a l.o it's def worth it ,:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Snap, Nise - she got me today too! 2 days early, old cow. As to ttc - you'll just have to announce to all your friends - 'excuse me, dear friends, but I have to go shag. It's my fertile window!' x

Same here cd2 ,xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->