TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

I had a HSG done with no real problems, I did have a bit of cramping afterwards but that was it and was more uncomfortable than anything. Think we just get used to the prodding and poking!!!

Miss C~

Thank you that information was excellent. I will take something prior as it seems to be an uncomfortable procedure. Hopefully mine will go as well as yours did for you.

Thanks!

D~

So c c c cold and foggy out there today! Brrrrrrrr.

Nise I'm waiting for the old gal too :roll:

Due on tomorrow or Thursday. FFFFFFF is eagerly proclaiming i have a triphasic chart this month. Why is it the more excited that com. prog. gets, the less hopeful i am?

Boobs are hurting, lots of headaches, still hungry and tired, bit of low dragy pain every now and again.

I'd like to know who's idea it was to make all the early preg signs and all the pre AF signs completely the blinking same ...

I'm ok though! :) Was saying to OH yesterday i'm loads more relaxed these days. He said he's insanely jealous when he sees men with their little kids, especially if they look younger than him, but he too is feeling alot more able to accept it may just never happen for us.

Anyway fingers and toes crossed for eveyone. Nise i hope she doesnt show up for you :) Keep em crossed for me. Love to all xxx

Hey ladies, still no snow here!

My Monitor showed me a High today, bit weird, it's only CD6 and I OVd last month on CD13. I normally only get a couple of Highs before a Peak, who knows. I suppose we will have to get down to BDing a bit early this cycle! :blush:

Keep warm everyone. :hugs:

Hey ladies ... back from docs ... looks like I'll get a few blood tests on the NHS but that's about it but its a starter for 10.

Miss C - what dosage of co-enzyme Q10 did you take?
Misty - Fingers crossed for you ...
Heavenly - sounding positive for an earlier O' date than normal!

Im still bleeding but coping by putting together a shopping list for our new puppy Foxy! (a beautiful lab bitch). Any recommendations or tips for looking after a new puppy v. gratefully received. We will be crate training her. Im just worried that her first outing with me will be a 3 hour car journey from Devon poor little thing!

Good luck everyone - sorry my news wasn't great but I'm still hopefully for a positive outcome in due course.

Beetle I hope that Foxy will be able to take some of the pain away, and no doubt she will keep you busy. I don't know anything about puppies so am no hope there.

Hope that the blood tests may at least be a start to see if there is anything they can do but I have everything crossed for a positive out come for you too :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Aw Thanks Butterfly - how are you feeling? How's Dubai?! :hugs:

Dubai is brilliant - it is such a funny place - I played golf today at the Montgomerie club and as I came out I saw Colin himself and so had a quick chat lol but that is the kind of thing that happens in Dubai! I am feeling fine which I don't really like but trying to stay positive :flower::hugs:

whooo get you! Colin himself hey?!

Glad you are feeling fine... what are we like ... panicking when we don't have any pregnancy signs. Alot of people don't start to feel anything until at least 6 weeks sometimes later and some lucky people don't have any side affects all the way through. Fingers crossed hon that its all absolutely fine! At least one of us needs to have the luck! x

Oh lucky you to be in Dubai Butterfly :) Whats the temp like out there at this time of year? We've just booked our honey moon - 7 nights in Sorentto followed by 4 in Rome. YAY! Cannot wait!

I've been trying, with no success so far, to book a pair of tickets to the opera for us in either Naples or Rome which dont cost over £100 each! :shock: I've given up now tbh.

As a comiseration OH has just booked us tickets to see Billy Conolly at the BIC in Bournmouth this March, lol. Not quite the same - but looking forward to it anyway :)

I've had tum ache this afternoon :( Darn it - not looking good then. Today is 13DPO and i always have a 13 day luteal. Expecting spotting tomorrow for sure.

Beetle - puppies puppies puppies! sigh. LOVE them :) My only advice is to have plenty of newspaper in the house and the car. When i picked up my great dane pup i was assured he travelled well. He was sick after 10 minutes in the car, bless him :dohh:

Well it is about 25 C max during the day but a bit chilly at night and in the morning but quite nice really :thumbup:

The honeymoon sounds lovely Mistyy, hope you manage to get those opera tickets.

Well a few days before I got my bfp I remember feeling 'stomachy' which was the only way I could describe it so I hope that the old witch stays away :hugs::hugs:

Hey ladies ... back from docs ... looks like I'll get a few blood tests on the NHS but that's about it but its a starter for 10.

Im still bleeding but coping by putting together a shopping list for our new puppy Foxy! (a beautiful lab bitch). Any recommendations or tips for looking after a new puppy v. gratefully received. We will be crate training her. Im just worried that her first outing with me will be a 3 hour car journey from Devon poor little thing!

Good luck everyone - sorry my news wasn't great but I'm still hopefully for a positive outcome in due course.

Hey you. :hugs: My 'baby' is a short haired silver tabby called Summer, she is 8 1/2 now and I bought her from a breeder when she was 2 months. She is still fairly small so I still call her my baby, OH always says to her 'where's mummy?' and she goes looking for me. :D How sad am I!! :blush: We adore her. :cloud9: You are going to have so much fun with Foxy, so much love and wonderful memories to create!!! :hugs:

Dubai is brilliant - it is such a funny place - I played golf today at the Montgomerie club and as I came out I saw Colin himself and so had a quick chat lol but that is the kind of thing that happens in Dubai! I am feeling fine which I don't really like but trying to stay positive :flower::hugs:

Hark at you...Ms Jetsetter....don't worry about the rest of us, freezing our ar*es off. :brat: How wonderful, tell Colin he needs a haircut, he looks like a sheep. :haha: How are you feeling? :hugs:

We've just booked our honey moon - 7 nights in Sorentto followed by 4 in Rome. YAY! Cannot wait!

I've been trying, with no success so far, to book a pair of tickets to the opera for us in either Naples or Rome which dont cost over £100 each! :shock: I've given up now tbh.

I've had tum ache this afternoon :( Darn it - not looking good then. Today is 13DPO and i always have a 13 day luteal. Expecting spotting tomorrow for sure.

Keeping EVERYTHING crossed that AF stays away!!! xx

Oooooh, I adore Italy!! Haven't been to Rome but have been to Sorrento for a few days, it is stunning, you will have the most wonderful time!.

*Right, where's that Butlins brochure I was looking for...*

:rofl:

Butterfly - thats a good temp for getting out and about in isnt it? Sometimes when its too hot you just cant face moving! lol.

Heavenly - bless you with your lovely puss! 'where's mummy?' ahhhhh thats so cute :)

Cheers for the :thumbup: about italy. Neither of us have been before, but it seemed like a good idea. Far enough away to feel like we've travelled, but not too far. Didnt want a long haul flight right after the big day. I think that would kill us both :rofl:

Thanx for all the fingers crossed :friends: I'm feeling the good vibes xxx

Cheers for the :thumbup: about italy. Neither of us have been before, but it seemed like a good idea. Far enough away to feel like we've travelled, but not too far. Didnt want a long haul flight right after the big day. I think that would kill us both :rofl:

Thanx for all the fingers crossed :friends: I'm feeling the good vibes xxx

Italy is wonderful, I have been to Sorrento and to Florence, I am in love with the place, and still so many places there I want to go and see. Jealous!!! Can I sneak into your case....? :plane:

Misty - I'm keeping everything crossed for you, The first time I got pg it was the cramps that made me realise it eventually, they felt a bit different to the usual draggy feeling. You're honeymoon sounds amazing, I love Italy. :hugs:

Beetle - You're such a brave lady. Great you're getting some blood tests, better than a poke in the eye with a short sharp stick! The lots of newspaper advice for your new pup is good advice. Doe's your vet run a puppy club, my bff took her puppy and had a great time. :hugs:

Butterfly - In my PG over 40 book it is documented that apparently one of the bonus of being pg over 40 is that MS and other not so nice symptoms are often less! :hugs:

Heavenly - Butlins :rofl: Will that be in Bogna! :hugs:

AFM - Couple of cramps last night, but nothing since except declining temps. 15dpo today - I hate my long luteal phase, it's very boring.

Heavenly - Butlins :rofl: Will that be in Bogna! :hugs:

AFM - Couple of cramps last night, but nothing since except declining temps. 15dpo today - I hate my long luteal phase, it's very boring.

*shudders*

Keeping everything crossed for you hun. xx

Well, I want to take a bit of control back, I am on this Clomid for another 3 cycles, luckily no side effects yet. But I have to be realistic, if it doesn't work, we will be looking at our options re IVF etc....which quite frankly, scares the hell out of me!!! Don't know if I can use my own eggs or we will go straight to DE.

So OH is getting another SA done this friday, as his SA is two years out of date, he has been taking Wellman for the past 4 months and gave up smoking last year, so I am hoping for some improvement, even though the results were ok. I had a good FS in November but I want to know what my AMH is, I keep reading how important that is, re finding out if it's worth going with my own eggs, so am going to get that test done, Agora and Esperance do those tests, up the coast from me.

So, I just feel like I want to be doing something I suppose, make sense?

Nise - how long is your luteal usually? That friend of mine that blows hot and cold with me has a luteal phase going on up to 20 days.

I think you're spot on with the idea that older mums dont get so many symptoms. All 3 of my pregs. in my 20's were nine month throwing up sessions with aches, pains and high blood presure pretty much from day one. But when i was preg last year i felt nothing at all out of the ordinary till i was about 8 weeks and from then on just had a faint dull tum ache most of the time. That was put down to (ancient) ligaments stretching. I actually only took my preg test because i was about to begin a course of malaria tabs and the doc had been firm about checking. AF was already 10 days late by then but i had put that down to my age! Didnt get any very early pregy symptoms at all :wacko:

Heavenly - that totally makes sense. The feeling you want to be doing all you can. I think you're very brave. I feel a bit head in the sand'ish about all this. I wish you all the very very very best with these clomid cycles :D

Heavenly - I think thats a great plan but I really hope you go to all the trouble of putting it in place and then having to cancel it all - tempt the law of sod!

Misty - My LP is usually 15 - 16 days, it's the FP that's short, often O'ing on CD10 but for the last 3 cycles O has been CD12 which is much healthier - I am tributing that to the angus castus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->