TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

I don't feel very well. This AF is awful, bleeding very heavily, threw up yesterday and today feel very dizzy. I suppose it must be the Clomid but I don't like it. :nope:
I hope you feel better soon, but I would say maybe not to ignore the dizzy and throwing up if it continues or if you feel worse.

I don't feel very well. This AF is awful, bleeding very heavily, threw up yesterday and today feel very dizzy. I suppose it must be the Clomid but I don't like it. :nope:

could it be a side effect from the clomid? did you take anything else? I was on Steroids (prednisone) and that is a side effect once you stop ...I was taking DHEA too and that is also considered a steroid...so that may be it? Drink lots of water to flush it out!

thanks guys - I think most of us have been in my situ. It still sucks! Still a miracle may still happen!

heavenly hope you are feeling better hon?! :hugs:

I hope you feel better soon, but I would say maybe not to ignore the dizzy and throwing up if it continues or if you feel worse.

could it be a side effect from the clomid? did you take anything else? I was on Steroids (prednisone) and that is a side effect once you stop ...I was taking DHEA too and that is also considered a steroid...so that may be it? Drink lots of water to flush it out!

I am on AD's have been taking them for about 16 months. I didn't have any side effects with the Clomid when I took the actual tablets at the beginning of my cycle, it's just been since AF has started. Don't feel sick today but still very very tired and a little lightheaded.

thanks guys - I think most of us have been in my situ. It still sucks! Still a miracle may still happen!

heavenly hope you are feeling better hon?! :hugs:

Thinking of you hun. :hugs:

Sorry to hear Af showed up this month. You wouldn't have a stomach bug perhaps? Maybe it's just concidence that it arrived with AF...

Sorry to hear Af showed up this month. You wouldn't have a stomach bug perhaps? Maybe it's just concidence that it arrived with AF...

Maybe, not sure. Feel a bit better tonight.

Thanks everyone. x

Beetle fxd
heavenly hope you feel better

Afm finally feeling better sleeping is a wonderful thing, af is finally gone! Should ov in a day or so, lots of bd'ng

Pdmc, glad you are finally better! We've both had a shite run of ill-health, it's our turn for some good!
Heavenly, glad you are better too x
AFM, I woke up this morning realising we have two months left - if we don't IVF in March we're giving up. Onto adoption? Or child-less (free, as some call it...) living. Strangely quite excited about the thought of drinking again, dyeing my hair again, painting the flat, using non-estrogen-free soaps again (the estrogen-free ones are rubbish for your hair!) and NOT taking loads of vitamins - all the things we've tried to help with TTC. After 4 years it's strangely liberating. What a journey we have been on. Life is SO f......g unfair. But there you go!

Pdmc, glad you are finally better! We've both had a shite run of ill-health, it's our turn for some good!
AFM, I woke up this morning realising we have two months left - if we don't IVF in March we're giving up. Onto adoption? Or child-less (free, as some call it...) living. Strangely quite excited about the thought of drinking again, dyeing my hair again, painting the flat, using non-estrogen-free soaps again (the estrogen-free ones are rubbish for your hair!) and NOT taking loads of vitamins - all the things we've tried to help with TTC. After 4 years it's strangely liberating. What a journey we have been on. Life is SO f......g unfair. But there you go!

Hey you, this is our decision year as well. I am 46, if Clomid isn't successful, we will be looking into IVF, whether we can afford it etc...but if it doesn't work first time....then decision decisions!! You sound like you have been really thinking things through, sending you lots of love and support. :hugs:

Reb and Heavenly - its so hard trying to get your mind into a good place over all this isnt it? I mean if you want a child badly enough to go through all this ttc and all the extra vitamins, charting, healthy eating, IVF and god knows what - its nigh impossible to then expect yourself to stay chilled about whether or not you'll be successful. It just doesnt add up :(

Having said that my mind was in that good place before i fell preg around this time last year. I was honestly ok with it if i did and ok with it if i didnt. So was DP - happy if we fell, happy if we didnt. Like the holy grail of mind sets!! I so want to get back to that state again. I've found DPs yearning for one of his own has made it worse for me.

Big siiiiiiigh and :hugs:s for all of us :)

Reb and Heavenly - its so hard trying to get your mind into a good place over all this isnt it? I mean if you want a child badly enough to go through all this ttc and all the extra vitamins, charting, healthy eating, IVF and god knows what - its nigh impossible to then expect yourself to stay chilled about whether or not you'll be successful. It just doesnt add up :(

Having said that my mind was in that good place before i fell preg around this time last year. I was honestly ok with it if i did and ok with it if i didnt. So was DP - happy if we fell, happy if we didnt. Like the holy grail of mind sets!! I so want to get back to that state again. I've found DPs yearning for one of his own has made it worse for me.

Big siiiiiiigh and :hugs:s for all of us :)

:hugs::hugs:

Reb...so many times I see that when people finally let go of the idea they succeed LOL

My cousin was one of them...they tried for over 10 years and nothing...and they tried EVERYTHING! even IVF...they finally went and adopted a girl and the very same month she fell pregnant LOL. So now they have the two girls :D

Sorry the witch got you Heavenly and that she was such a bitch too. Glad you're feeling a bit better now.

Beetle, I've got everything crossed for you, such a worrying time.

AFM - it's been a horrible couple of days. I had to have my little cat put to sleep on Thursday morning - she's been gallantly fighting cancer since last March, I found the decision really hard to make even though I knew it was inevitable and I've been getting used to the idea for almost a year. Still very sad though. She's now burried under the apple tree alongside her favourite brother with the daffs already coming up around her. :cry:

Miss C - I work freelance in TV, Film and Music Production with my OH who is a music producer. Back in the day we were both Artists so music has always been in my life. I left the industry about 15 years ago to persue a career in film production (ttc is not the only thing you get to old for!!!). I make pop promos (produce and direct which I love) and recently produced my first feature which is a musical comedy - (still in post production with that one). I mainly earn my money in TV though and work quite a lot as a 1st Assistant Director - the bossy one that does all the shouting on the floor!!! but I really want to move away from 1st'ing it doesn't satisfy my creative side enough. Slowly slowly....:hugs:

Sorry the witch got you Heavenly and that she was such a bitch too. Glad you're feeling a bit better now.

Beetle, I've got everything crossed for you, such a worrying time.

AFM - it's been a horrible couple of days. I had to have my little cat put to sleep on Thursday morning - she's been gallantly fighting cancer since last March, I found the decision really hard to make even though I knew it was inevitable and I've been getting used to the idea for almost a year. Still very sad though. She's now burried under the apple tree alongside her favourite brother with the daffs already coming up around her. :cry:

Miss C - I work freelance in TV, Film and Music Production with my OH who is a music producer. Back in the day we were both Artists so music has always been in my life. I left the industry about 15 years ago to persue a career in film production (ttc is not the only thing you get to old for!!!). I make pop promos (produce and direct which I love) and recently produced my first feature which is a musical comedy - (still in post production with that one). I mainly earn my money in TV though and work quite a lot as a 1st Assistant Director - the bossy one that does all the shouting on the floor!!! but I really want to move away from 1st'ing it doesn't satisfy my creative side enough. Slowly slowly....:hugs:

so sorry about your kitty :hugs:

I see we have a career in common...I too have been 1st AD for a while...kind of stopped after moving to GA but film/tv is my passion. Now what I can do here is "extra" work...will try to get an agent this year and see what happens :D

Wish this little town had more musical theater...I'd love to get back to that

KReb.& misty i hear you, we're only. Trying till dec. I pray it happens he deserves the chance to be a dad. I am blessed i have 2.

At least everyone here understands where im coming from
We all deserve it- fxd for us all

So sorry hun. :hugs:

Beetle you know I have everything crossed for you and hope you get good numbers on Monday. What a bind having to wait for them :nope::hugs::hugs:

Heavenly sorry about the horrible AF but glad you are starting to feel better :hugs::hugs:

Reb, love the new ticker but really hope that somehow this happens for you in the next few months, it's like LL says and I know people hate hearing it but sometimes when you just give up it happens (I had given up on this last month :haha:) :hugs::hugs:

Mistyy :hugs::hugs: for you too as it sounds like you need some, in fact it sounds like a lot are needed all round

Nise, sounds like you have had a very interesting career :thumbup: So sorry to hear about your cat :cry::hugs::hugs:

Beetle - fingers crossed for you, hope just a blip and those numbers go up over the weekend x

LLBean - that's interesting, it's so rare that I meet someone else albeit cyber meeting that is in the same job as me - Shame there's not much of an industry in GA but I hope you can get some work as an Extra or SA as we are now supposed to call them! It can be quite lucrative and is one area where the payment guidelines are pretty much adhered to (if you discount student films and freebies). Good luck.

Friend :hugs::hugs::hugs::flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->