TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

LLBean - that's interesting, it's so rare that I meet someone else albeit cyber meeting that is in the same job as me - Shame there's not much of an industry in GA but I hope you can get some work as an Extra or SA as we are now supposed to call them! It can be quite lucrative and is one area where the payment guidelines are pretty much adhered to (if you discount student films and freebies). Good luck.

as a stand in is better rate but extra in GA is crap...it's a right to work state so being SAG here means nothing really LOL

Ladies it's all over - bleeding heavily now so no need to wait for results. Gutted. Will see doc on Tuesday to discuss whether they can do any tests to find out why the miscarriage. Will order co-enzyme q10 today! Hey ho - here we go again. I love my OH - he loves me unconditionally - wish I could give him a baby.

Beetle, I'm so so sorry. Lots of hugs and so glad about your OH. xxx

Oh beetle I am gutted for you. I really hope the docs can give you some answers :cry::cry::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Beetle I am so very sorry for you. To experience all this in such a short space of time :nope: I hope they can do some investigation into what is causing the MC's :hugs::hugs::hugs:

So very sorry Beetle. I wish you and your very lovely sounding OH much strength at this time. :hugs:

You guys are amazing. Thanks so much. It means alot to get your support. Most of us have all been here and it truly sucks. I could wallow in my own self pity and think why me ... again after everything that's happened. But I won't. Somehow I must find the strength to carry on. You all have so I will!

I will pick myself up, and get those answers and we will somehow have our dreams answered. I shall lie low for a while and then focus on Foxy our new Puppy who we pick up in a months time. She has no idea yet how much she is going to be loved! :hugs: to you all! xxx

You guys are amazing. Thanks so much. It means alot to get your support. Most of us have all been here and it truly sucks. I could wallow in my own self pity and think why me ... again after everything that's happened. But I won't. Somehow I must find the strength to carry on. You all have so I will!

I will pick myself up, and get those answers and we will somehow have our dreams answered. I shall lie low for a while and then focus on Foxy our new Puppy who we pick up in a months time. She has no idea yet how much she is going to be loved! :hugs: to you all! xxx

So sorry hun, loads of hugs and love to you, can't wait to see a pic of Foxy! :hugs::hugs:

On a minor note, AFM....I am a complete twunk....was really worried why I had been feeling sick, dizzy and very tired. I realised this morning I had been taking a double dose of my ADs by mistake. I am on 20mg Citalopram and had been taking 40mg for the past few days. If you are on the wrong dose of ADs, the side effects are really bad. Thank goodness I found out why and am so glad it wasn't the Clomid. What a dipstick I am...:cloud9:

Really sorry Beetle and hope you get some answers :cry::cry:

I am also going to get some COQ10 and ask the doctor about it tomorrow now that my levels have finally gone below 25!!:growlmad:

So sorry Bettle, hope they'll do some investigations and try to find a reason for your miscarriages. My sister had 3 miscarriages in a row but then went on to have 2 successful pregnancies (she was in her mid 30s) so don't give up hope.

llbean omg i love your egg pic i normally catch up on the site on my phone or tablet rarely my comp. Your pic made me laugh its too cute.

Beetle big hugs enjoy foxy once you get him/her (which is it).

AFM i had a unusual thing happen yesterday. I was on cycle day 10 due to ov on cd 9-11
so yesterday i noticed spotting mid cycle (af is due in 14days)- im doubting it was ov bleeding but wow itd be nice. i dont remember ever having this before and it hasnt happend since. Wierd

Ladies:

I am due to have a HSG done on Tuesday the 14th...Valentine's Day of all days...:thumbup:

Anywho...I am wondering what to expect. If you have had the procedure done, what was your experience? If all goes well this cycle I will be due to ovulate on the 20th or 21st which would be great after a HSG.

Thanks!

D~

Ladies:

I am due to have a HSG done on Tuesday the 14th...Valentine's Day of all days...:thumbup:

Anywho...I am wondering what to expect. If you have had the procedure done, what was your experience? If all goes well this cycle I will be due to ovulate on the 20th or 21st which would be great after a HSG.

Thanks!

D~

I had it done too...really was not bad at all

LLbean - that pic is brilliant! and the teaspoon sperms look a little more friendly than the one on here who looks quite evil to me, though I guess the designer was going for a determined look! :haha::spermy:

Dyme_Diva. I've not had an HSG myself so can't tell you anything from personal experience - but I know quite a few ladies who have had it and their verdicts are wide and varried, for some it's been pure hell and for others it hasn't really hurt at all. I think that when a procedure might get us a little closer to our dream it is much easier to bear. Good luck with yours and I hope you are in the 2nd category. Certainly sounds like the timing is brilliant :thumbup:

AFM - Went back to work today for a four week stint and I'm waiting for old Aunt Flow to rock up - I think the fat lady is doing some vocal exercises in the wings. :hugs:

I had an HSG with Levovist which is a thicker solution than the saline type solution. However I am sure the procedure is pretty much the same. I took a couple of ibuprofen prior to the appointment in preparation for any potential cramping afterwards. The procedure itself was just like any other trans vaginal scan if you have had one of them. First he put the duck billed thingy in to open wide and then a probe that looks like a giant vibrator :eek: and a small tube catheter thingy. Once he has a clear pic on the screen of my uterus and tubes etc they squirt the stuff using a syringe plunger type thingy and you can see it on the ultrasound as it comes out the end of the fallopian tube like little twinkling stars! If it doesn't come out cleanly it shows there may be a blockage. They also have a good look around in your uterus for fibroids and they measure the uterus etc etc. They gave me a sanny pad to pop in afterwards cos they used a saline solution to wash things out afterwards and sometimes it doesn't all come out. And ocasdsionally they say you may get a little spotting. I had some very very mild cramping a couple of hours afterwards but VERY mild and no other side effects.

The beauty of the levovist is that it is thicker so can clear any extra debris along its path which as we age is likely if we have had previous children miscarriages, c sections etc hence the reason many pregnancies occurred in the 2-3 months following. HOWEVER don't build too much into that please as you will only add more pressure to your expectations. Just go along as normal and think OK one more thing added to the arsenal of attack!!

They also checked my ovaries and developing follicles etc, he confirmed no activity I had it done on cd11 so there would normally have been something there!! - that cycle which was my 2nd on 50mg clomid was annov or super super late I don't believe I did O despite FFFFFFF saying I did!

There is another type of procedure that is done under x ray as opposed to ultrasound so that experience may be very different. Hope some of this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->