TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

We really hope it gives you inspiration to carry on. We know its not an easy journey for you all :hugs: but out of tears can come Joy

Oh, this is so beautiful! Congrats Alexp. He is a looker! :dance:

Aw, thats lovely Alexp! He's lovely and its such an inspirational story - all the best, hun!

:hugs: Omi xxx

Laughing this AM, I didn't feel good, very nauseous last night and had the chills. My husband asked if I was late, I said no, I'm sick. LOL. Feeling just fine this AM. He had something similar last week.

Hi Everyone, I'm new here......and so glad to have found a place for 40+ women TTC for support! :-D

I am almost 41 and OH (who's 50!!) and I have decided to TTC - #1 for him, #2 for me - in the new year. We've been married for 10 years and for the first 5 years I kept asking if we could TTC, but OH wasn't keen so I gave up asking. Imagine my shock a month ago when OH said HE was feeling broody and wanted to TTC!! Wish he'd made that decision 5 years ago though, may have been easier LOL! I have a 19-year old son who was a "missed-pill baby", so easily conceived......and I am sure he will be thoroughly disgusted if OH and I are successful as he doesn't think we do THAT anymore, haha!

My obvious concern is my age, though both my grandmother on my mum's side and an aunt on my dad's side had babies (easily and accidentally!) in their 40's.......hoping some of that fertility has rubbed off on me!

Other concerns are that I have just had a scan and been diagnosed with a mid-sized endometrium polyp, I see the doctor on Wednesday presumably to discuss if this is going to interfere and if I need it removed. Also, I have rheumatoid arthritis and need to be off my meds for 3 months before TTC (otherwise we'd be trying NOW), but they shouldn't affect conception *fingers crossed* after the 3 months are up. And last, I have had Implanon implant for almost 3 years (to come out 1st February, just in time for a romantic birthday weekend away......hopefully I'll ovulate LOL!) and before that had depo-provera injections for 13 years. Due to the DP injections I didn't ever have a visit from the witch for those 13 years, and only started getting radical and too-frequent visits over the last year, although some of that may be due to the polyp. So, I have no idea IF I'm ovulating at all, and certainly won't be able to figure out what my cycle is!

Anyway, TTC from February and trying not to obssess.....would LOVE to hear some success stories and how others cope, as well as tips for prepping and boosting my fertility!

xx

I wish you all the best hun I am 44 in December and have been ttc #3 for nearly 3 years with plenty of emmc along the way. I am taking Soy isoflavones to help with the egg side of things as apparantly i have poor egg quality maybe! , thats all the medical proffesssion could do to check all ok for us and no help given otherwise so took it into our own hands and this the third cycle of soy isoflavones so really hoping it works before im 44 really but will ttc for a bit longer after , i just dont know how long after .
There are a few things to help and to detect if you are oving or not would be the clear blue ovulation monitor you can get from boots(thats if you in the UK), i have two grown up daughters 18 and 16 in my avatar pic, and they think its great we are trying so they are all different , just tell your son that if he is still doing it! at 40 or 50 u will try to remind him of what he said LOL .
Good luck hun x

Welcome BloomingLate, no help with suggestions, but wish the best for you. I think we are all on this forum because we obsess just a little. :D

Well I believe I will be checking one last time and then give it all up. My cycle started (FDP) on 11/7/2010. My cycle generally runs about 30 days, when will the earliest day be that I can check? I have no idea about ovulation this month, not tracking. Does next Friday sound right? (12/3)

40s gal, tbh it would be a little difficult to tell exactly but why not if that's your average cycle. Im due to test that weekend too...gulp! :) Ov'd 2 days late from my average so instead of dec 10 its dec 12! Good luck and mahoosive amount of :dust: for you!! :)

Wish me luck tomorrow as im going to get my results from my HSG tomorrow afternoon, yikes! Hope all is well or will be VERY upset. But trying to keep my PMA, PMA, PMA about me, lol!

All the best and :dust: to all!

Omi xxx

Well I believe I will be checking one last time and then give it all up. My cycle started (FDP) on 11/7/2010. My cycle generally runs about 30 days, when will the earliest day be that I can check? I have no idea about ovulation this month, not tracking. Does next Friday sound right? (12/3)

Hey 40s gal not sure about the dates but I am rooting for you!

Welcome bloominglate. I know it can happen in your 40s. It just may take a bit more work. My best friend is in her 4 th month @ 40 and a half turning 41 before she delivers. My gyn delivered 3 women this year - 43, 46, 47. So, yes it does happen. Good luck and baby dust!

Im at a stage now that i dont know whats happening and i have some really weird things going on and im now 2 days late with the odd sharp twinge really low down , itchy boobs, bigger too, oh lots and i cant test OH wont let me what am i to do girls help !!!!!

Im at a stage now that i dont know whats happening and i have some really weird things going on and im now 2 days late with the odd sharp twinge really low down , itchy boobs, bigger too, oh lots and i cant test OH wont let me what am i to do girls help !!!!!

Sneak?

i will try that on tues or weds its gonna be hard tho hubby is off work on tue weds and thurs and i dont think i can hold off til fri morning when he is back on the early shift, which would be a lot easier as he starts at 5am but will try xx

Yeah, I was trying to tell you to go behind your hubby's back and test. Shame on me! But if I were you, I'd make up something I needed from the store...and pick up a test while I was there. I guess I'm a bad one. :haha: Good luck!

Took the test on Friday and it was negative. If I don't get my period this week, I will take another test this weekend. My cycle is toying with me.

Hey
haven't been on for a while but still trying! 42 today- depressed or what! even older eggs then
having one more go at ivf in March-fingers crossed for that. babydust to everyone reckon we all deserve it by now xx

hi glitterqueen happy b day i know how u feel im 43yrs old already have kids youngest is 4yrs old & at sch now,had late loss last yr at 23wks .ttc again .periods r do my head in even though drs says things r ok.anyway gd luck with ttc sue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->