TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

Hey lovely ladies afternoon :hi: went out last night for curry and drinks and got hangover so didn't get up until 12 noon.!!!! Self inflicted eh

Hi ladies, D3 of my :af: :growlmad:, first day light spotting and towards midnight got into it's flow, then yesterday heavy; and today it is light. My periods are getting shorter and shorter; ie lasting about 2 days of flow and the rest is either really light or spotting or stops for a day and then it's light for a day or so. Is this the sign of my menopause? Does it mean anything? Surely if I was in my menopause, I wouldn't have regular periods? Thx

I'm fairly smallish; ie 5 foot five and a half and about 7 stone 8 or thereabouts on average or about seven and a half stone; though since my miscarriage, my stomach is just like bleh, like it's alien and not mine and leading up to my period, it swells up even more, like I am pregnant. Is this normal? It's never quite been like that before. I know i haven't worked out for a while but it's depressing for my lower stomach to be so jellylike, and it feels like it doesnt' belong to me and that it's just a piece of extra flesh stuck on my body. Eeek!

One more question, I hope this is the right place to ask it ... in the UK, I thought anyone over 35 is not eligible to adopt? Has anyone considered this? I'm at that stage where I'm vacillating and thinking about all other alternatives.

A colleague at work is 44 and has had several miscarriages in the last 8 years and hasn't seen any of them through past 12 weeks. She's going through tests right now. I had lunch with her earlier this week and she asked if I'd consider adoption and I said no; though I'm not so sure now; if it'd save my figure hey why not .... then I think again and think well I'd like the baby to look like me and my husband and not someone else .... (sighs) .. then I get all confused ....

Have you considered donor eggs...that's cheaper option and you still get to carry the baby which has 1/2 your husbands genetics. That's what I will probably do. Check out my journal if you like. It's an option. If you consider adoption you will be waiting for YEARS and you won't get guaranteed a BABY. Probably youngest would be 5 years old. You have to go through lots of paperwork and emotional rollercoaters. With egg donation it doesn't matter about the quality of your eggs nor the quantity, but the fact that your uterus is still perfectly adequate and healthy enough to carry a baby would make it happen! Success rates are that of 72 -84%. We are going to St Petersburg in Feb. Its our way forward. It's al I think of. It's what keeps me going. What keeps me happy. But of course it has to be something you are comfortable with. For me I have found comfort with this. I have thought it through 1000 times in my mind if not more. Weighed up all the emotions I would feel and it all comes back to YES YES YES! I want to do it. It's really not that hard and if you have a uterus and are under 50 then you have every right to do it! x

Took the test and it says no. So will just wait for the witch. Now I can go out on Sat for margaritas with no guilt. ;)

You sure about those margaritas 40s gal? You said no witch yet!

Eh, we ended up doing lunch and going shopping instead, no margaritas. But a fun day shopping at the outlet mall. :D

Still no witch...

:hi: morning lovely ladies!!!! Sunday is upon us. Anybody doing the Sunday Lunch thing today? xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Whew! Witch has arrived. Glad, because I didn't feel pregnant and I wanted to get on with the next cycle. :)

Whew! Witch has arrived. Glad, because I didn't feel pregnant and I wanted to get on with the next cycle. :)

Think I'll be joining you in a few days. Witch is due Thursday and BFN this morning. All symptoms are gone as of Saturday. I swear that this thing with me may be implantation not a fertilization issue.

DH says, if not, let's just try again. I'm on board but this sucks...wish it could be easier.

MsMM, too funny! Husband is ready and willing. LOL.

Hi guys,

im in 1dw (af due tomorrow :)) BFN yesterday so im sure the :witch: will rear her ugly head - b*tch! Lol! As usual, onwards and upwards... and starting to look like a boozy xmas is quite an option after all, ha, ha!

All the best, chickens! :hugs:

Hi All,
Well I'm waiting to see what happens this cycle. I started taking agnus castus at the beginning of the cycle and then had mid-cycle bleeding from cd13ish which turned into a full AF so I'm now taking that as the start of a new cycle iykwim which means I'm now about cd20 so at least a week til AF is likely to appear. Just hoping the ac is doing its thing
Anyone here tried maca?

Hiya everyone

Hope u are all well...ive not been on for a while, or at least posting cos i kinda went off the rails. The whole TTC got too much for me so had to take a step back. Im much better now and i think thats partly due to my new addition (charlie me cat lol)..hes me likkle pal!

Good luck to everyone xxxx

Oh, hunni. You cant say that and not give us a little peak at your new furbaby!! ='x'=

Glad to have you back :hugs:

Aww thanks Omi

Hes absoloutely gorgeous and i love him to death lol...ill change my avatar cos i dont know any other way of putting a pic up lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->