TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

Hello ladies

Well I am new to this site so where do I begin.... I am 40 (will be 41 in May) and we just started TTC. I have a daughter from a previous marriage who just turned 20 so I am literally starting it all over again LOL

I worry about my age and the amnio that will probably happen. Has anyone gone through that?

Also my cycle is weird... they are 25 days one month, 28 days the other, next 25, then 28... so I am guessing it may be ovary related. I did the 3day test and was told I have good reserves and on Tuesday I go in for my 21 day test which will check progesterone levels and to see if I ovulated.

It is kind of hard to figure out my CM stuff... not sure I have down exactly when I ovulate which is a pain since I am also trying to follow Dr Shettles method for gender selection.

Another question I have is what is really my chances of twins. I hear it increases with age but I wish there was a better way of knowing. My grandfather on my maternal side had sisters that were twins and my dad has also cousins that are twins (also girls)

My period is not due until March 10 and I have been feeling the cramping already... quite annoying. Some people say it is a good sign but I doubt I am pregnant already. Guess we will find out soon enough.

Thanks for any and all suggestions from you all and may we all have our little bundles of joy soon!

Hi Deine......I agree that the cramps if your AF is due 10th March will be ovulation.....if you get a +OPK you might not actually ovulate until 12-36+ hours after that +OPK, it just tells you the LH surge is starting.

I read the Shettles method can reduce your chances of conceiving every month :shrug: bot sure how true that is though :shrug:

well it reduces it in the sense that you have to limit intercourse to the appropriate days for either boy or girl... I know that...but I really want a girl again.

I'll take whatever I can get :winkwink: I know girls...as have two already so that would be easy...a boy would be nice too as we don't have many in the family and it would be a whole new experience, basically I just want a baby and at this point and at my age I would just be happy to a. be pregnant and b. for it to be healthy :thumbup:

Hello ladies

Well I am new to this site so where do I begin.... I am 40 (will be 41 in May) and we just started TTC. I have a daughter from a previous marriage who just turned 20 so I am literally starting it all over again LOL

I worry about my age and the amnio that will probably happen. Has anyone gone through that?

Also my cycle is weird... they are 25 days one month, 28 days the other, next 25, then 28... so I am guessing it may be ovary related. I did the 3day test and was told I have good reserves and on Tuesday I go in for my 21 day test which will check progesterone levels and to see if I ovulated.

It is kind of hard to figure out my CM stuff... not sure I have down exactly when I ovulate which is a pain since I am also trying to follow Dr Shettles method for gender selection.

Another question I have is what is really my chances of twins. I hear it increases with age but I wish there was a better way of knowing. My grandfather on my maternal side had sisters that were twins and my dad has also cousins that are twins (also girls)

My period is not due until March 10 and I have been feeling the cramping already... quite annoying. Some people say it is a good sign but I doubt I am pregnant already. Guess we will find out soon enough.

Thanks for any and all suggestions from you all and may we all have our little bundles of joy soon!

Hi Deine......I agree that the cramps if your AF is due 10th March will be ovulation.....if you get a +OPK you might not actually ovulate until 12-36+ hours after that +OPK, it just tells you the LH surge is starting.

I read the Shettles method can reduce your chances of conceiving every month :shrug: bot sure how true that is though :shrug:

it does in the sense that it limits you to have intercourse in the specific days to increase your chances to have a boy or a girl... easier with a Boy but I want a girl ;-)

MY APOLOGIES... I DID NOT SEE IT POST THE FIRST TIME AROUND SO I ANSWERED AGAIN... GUESS THERE IS NO DELETE BUTTON ON THIS:shrug:

:flower:hiya! haven't posted in a long while but honestly thought I might be able to give some of you a little hope in this wacky roller coaster TTC journey.

wee bit of background: 42, hard core TTC for 3 years, one MMC last year :cry:
since then...tests, tests and more tests. lotions potions, supplements, acupuncture and many many tears. procedures (laperoscopy and HSG in Sept - Nov) that indicated both my tubes were completely blocked. I had stupidly low AMH so I was told that IVF with donor eggs was my best shot.

suprise!! natural BFP end of JAN and now 9 weeks pregnant and beyond a nasty scary bleed at 7 weeks, all is well:thumbup: scan shows baby in perfect spot, lovely heartbeat and spot on re: size at 9 weeks.

so....obviously tests are necessary and knowledge is power but...they are obviously not the be all and end all or, final word in these matters.

i wish you all wonderful suprises in the year ahead. keep believing and enjoy that vino while you can!!! :wine: Cheers!!

:hugs: from the south pacific

Hello groovygirl :)
You have cheered me up no end today. I was feeling particularly hormonal and deflated, af had decided to rear her ugly head. Was sitting here feeling pretty miserable and teary when I noticed your post. I have just had the hsg done this cycle, all clear. I kind of put my hope in the fact that the procedure may have increased my bfp chances this month. Stupid false hope I know but couldn't help myself. When the spotting started last night I felt like I had hit a brick wall. Felt so negative about my age and chances. After reading your post it has given me another glimmer of hope :)
Thank you again for taking the time to tell your tale of ttc. Wishing you all the best with the rest of your pregnancy, keep us updated. Off to enjoy a glass of vino,on your orders!!! Xx

I'll take whatever I can get :winkwink: I know girls...as have two already so that would be easy...a boy would be nice too as we don't have many in the family and it would be a whole new experience, basically I just want a baby and at this point and at my age I would just be happy to a. be pregnant and b. for it to be healthy :thumbup:

Yes I know... guess since we are just now starting I am keeping my hopes up and we will see. I worry a boy will drive me insane LOL. My husband is not into sports or anything "boy" like. And I did survive my daughter's teen years...barely but I did LOL... I see my friends with boys at that age and wow, so much worse... so yeah, I want a healthy baby first and foremost but if I could make my life a tad bit easier ;-) There are no guarantees with the Shettles method anyway... it just "increases" the chances a bit but it could still be either or.

It is my first pregnancy after 20 years so... kind of new all over again LOL

Hello all!
I'm new here and have enjoyed reading everyone's posts. I also really enjoy the support here, as sometimes I feel like I'm all by myself. A little bit about me:

I'm 42 and have 2 kidlets-18 and 17. My hubby had a vasectomy when our daughter (the 17 year old) was about 3, thinking we wouldn't want anymore kids. How wrong we were! About this time last year, we fessed up to one another and started our journey. In June, he had a vasectomy reversal (Dr. Silber in St. Louis performed the surgery. He's fabulous!) and he said it could take up to 18 months for me to fall preggers. We've had the hubby checked twice now--has swimmers, not as many as someone who hasn't had a reversal, but a good amount for one who has. I just started acupuncture and am feeling positive about that. We've opted to NOT tell anyone around us about our desire for another child (except a few who are in the "circle of trust"--our kids, my sister, and my dad) as we don't want everyone to watch us like crazy! Thanks again and am hoping to make some new friends here who know what I'm going through and can relate! Here's to baby dust!!!

Just finished my current job, has been relentless and am knackered so looking forward to a 2 week break before the next one starts.

Glowstar - Drat!. Bellamama - Double Drat! Good to see you're not letting the witch get you down and the pma is riding high.

Groovygirl - Fantastic news and well deserved. Congratulations.

Glitter - I'm still dead excited for you - how's the symptoms going?

Inkdchick - What a fantastic doctor you have, I'm so pleased he is pulling out all the stops - you'll get your sticky bean I reckon lucky number 14 and very soon.

Hugs and dust to all :hugs::dust:

Hello all!
I'm new here and have enjoyed reading everyone's posts. I also really enjoy the support here, as sometimes I feel like I'm all by myself. A little bit about me:

I'm 42 and have 2 kidlets-18 and 17. My hubby had a vasectomy when our daughter (the 17 year old) was about 3, thinking we wouldn't want anymore kids. How wrong we were! About this time last year, we fessed up to one another and started our journey. In June, he had a vasectomy reversal (Dr. Silber in St. Louis performed the surgery. He's fabulous!) and he said it could take up to 18 months for me to fall preggers. We've had the hubby checked twice now--has swimmers, not as many as someone who hasn't had a reversal, but a good amount for one who has. I just started acupuncture and am feeling positive about that. We've opted to NOT tell anyone around us about our desire for another child (except a few who are in the "circle of trust"--our kids, my sister, and my dad) as we don't want everyone to watch us like crazy! Thanks again and am hoping to make some new friends here who know what I'm going through and can relate! Here's to baby dust!!!

Welcome :hugs: I haven't told many people, my best friend and my OH's Mother :winkwink: opted not to tell my children until preg and 1st scan over. Sounds like the reversal has worked well so fingers crossed :happydance:

Nise...just looking at your charts...your cycle's look similar to mine....hope you get your BFP soon :kiss:

Thanks so much Glow! I don't know about you, but I've nearly slipped a few times when talking to people who don't know. Ha!
Am going to my ob/gyn on Thursday to talk about other options/what else we can do. We've been letting nature take it's course for the past 8 months but I'm really anxious to get the ball rolling...no pun intended! We'll see!

Ha ha me too :haha: where in Texas are you...I lived in Austin for a few months in 2009 :winkwink:

I'm down in Harlingen (very very very deep south Texas, where the tip meets Mexico). Yeah, I need to update my profile! What took you to Austin (great city, by the way!)??

I'm down in Harlingen (very very very deep south Texas, where the tip meets Mexico). Yeah, I need to update my profile! What took you to Austin (great city, by the way!)??

My brother lives there :winkwink:

:flower:hiya! haven't posted in a long while but honestly thought I might be able to give some of you a little hope in this wacky roller coaster TTC journey.

wee bit of background: 42, hard core TTC for 3 years, one MMC last year :cry:
since then...tests, tests and more tests. lotions potions, supplements, acupuncture and many many tears. procedures (laperoscopy and HSG in Sept - Nov) that indicated both my tubes were completely blocked. I had stupidly low AMH so I was told that IVF with donor eggs was my best shot.

suprise!! natural BFP end of JAN and now 9 weeks pregnant and beyond a nasty scary bleed at 7 weeks, all is well:thumbup: scan shows baby in perfect spot, lovely heartbeat and spot on re: size at 9 weeks.

so....obviously tests are necessary and knowledge is power but...they are obviously not the be all and end all or, final word in these matters.

i wish you all wonderful suprises in the year ahead. keep believing and enjoy that vino while you can!!! :wine: Cheers!!

:hugs: from the south pacific
ah thats really great and gets my hopes up no end and :hi:

Hello ladies

welcome to the tread and good luck ttc and heres to twins :dust:

Hello all!

welcome and good luck on your ttc journey :flower:

hI EVERYONE!
I'm 44 and ttc number 5.
I had a MMC last October and a chemical pregnancy about a week ago..
I've got sooo many questions !!
xx

Hi guys,

It's great reading all your stories and now I don't feel so alone.

A quick introduction: I am 40 (just last week) oh is 40 also.

I have an 11 year old from my previous marriage and we have been ttc for 30 months, had a blighted ovum 2 years ago and feel like i'm going mad. I fell pregnant on my first month of trying with my son, so very deflated.

My OH works away, so that really is the most frustrating thing.

I hope this thread will bring some exciting news as I feel so alone and isolated. All my friends who are the same age have no interest in babies as they have all had theirs and can't believe I want to start again. All my friends who are younger are all falling pregnant straight away..................HELP I need some like minded friends to keep my sanity :0)

Wow groovygirl you have made my day!! I'm 41 (42 in Oct), it suddenly dawned on me (after AF visiting me again this month) that it was the last chance to conceive and have a baby before 42 but then I've always been an even numbers girl so maybe it's fate:thumbup:!!! Happy and healthy 9 months to ya!:kiss:

Inkdchick - you sound so chilled, like the pressure's off in a way, I'm so sure you're going to get that BFP now - yeehaa!!!x

Glowstar - I'm sorry AF gotcha but don't give up, keep going, it happened before for you it'll happen again :kiss:

Only my Mum and girlfriends know that we're trying and that's because they've been asking and I can't keep up the pretence any longer!! I'm trying to be full of PMA, AF has gone and I'm back in the saddle (the BD marathon has commenced!!!) but I just want to know I can get preg. I mean I don't want an MC if I can help it of course I don't, I wouldn't wish it for anything on anyone, but I've not had nuffink not even a sniff:nope:.........sorry that's probably come out all wrong but I hope you know what I mean?

Sending love and babydust to everyone, thanks for being there!!xXx:dust:

Thanks so much Jax! It's nice to be part of the group.
AF got me this morning... :( Feeling rather blue right now, but am making a list of questions to ask the doc--I have an appointment on Thursday.
Here's baby dust to all of us!!!!!!

Thanks so much Jax! It's nice to be part of the group.
AF got me this morning... :( Feeling rather blue right now, but am making a list of questions to ask the doc--I have an appointment on Thursday.
Here's baby dust to all of us!!!!!!

Sorry to hear you've been had by the old witch Belliecita, but good that you're off to the dox with your questions. I'm sure he/she'll be helpful to you. Then it's full steam ahead for the next month! God, this is like a rollercoaster ride isn't it?! Take care and let us know how you get on on Thursday:hugs:xXx

Hey Ladies - well I've made a right old bulls up of this cycle - I reckon I only have a 0.1% higher chance of achieving conception than if I had relied on immaculate conception! Gah!

Last Friday was O day, not very fitting with my work timetable. I was having to leave the house at 0630 and didn't get back home till 2030 all that week. Anyway I carefully did my opks twice a day as I neared my usual O day. I got a neg late at night the day before O, so stupidly let us off the hook! a positive at lunch time on O day itself and the damned stick was neg again by the evening of O day followed by a temp rise the day after. Not much of a warning window. We dtd'd on O day, was soooo knackered though. Got a feeling I've missed the boat this time and to add insult to injury this was the cycle I decided to use my clomid tablets.:dohh: Oh well, roll on next cycle. I now have a mega cold and today's temp is through the window am thinking of throwing the thermometer out after it :brat:

Bellecita - Good luck on Thursday, lovely. I hope you come out armed with a good plan of action. :happydance:

Fizzylady - Welcome and I'm so sorry to hear about your Chemical, I don't test early enough to know whether I've had one of them or not - must be devastating though. Big hugs to you and fire away with those questions. We'll do our best:hugs:

Oorweeistyin - I had a blighted Ovum or Missed miscarriage as they prefer to call them these days - I share your heartbreak. How far along did you get? I got to 12 weeks with no clue that anything was wrong. Very cruel thing. I guess the only comfort you can take from it is that you can conceive. I hope you do again and very soon. :hugs:

Jax41 - I know exactly what you mean. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->