TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

Bella & Jax - the olympic torch of shagathon is passed over to you both - wishing you loadsa luck for this cycle.

Torch hand-off successful, will do my part in the great shagathon :happydance:

I did it ladies! 16 months in the making and will be here just before my 42nd birthday all being well. Just to get past AF date and on to first scan now. This will be our first as well. Don't give up, it just takes us a bit longer than the young uns. :hugs:

Congratulations!!!!!! I love it when another bfp is announced on this thread! There has been a flurry of bfps, hope it's catching and we all follow on with the trend that seems to be happening! :) keep us updated on scans etc. Did you do anything different this cycle? Xx

I wish I could just rub up against you all and pass the BFPs on :happydance:

Honestly .. I left the CBFM in the drawer for the last 2 months (had to peek at it occasionally and still did a few sticks and interpreted them myself rather than feeding the monitor) No idea why I had to peek as I knew exactly what day I was on, although I did try to put it to the back of my mind. I locked the Preseed away and left the soy alone.

I had blood tests late last cycle and the beginning of this one and rang to book my hycosy on CD1 but they couldn't fit me in so I had to wait until next cycle ... think I must have frightened my body into action to avoid the procedure lol. We :sex: every other day from CD10 - CD18 plus CD19 and CD5 and result!

Obviously all the above isn't going to help if the egg isn't a good one, maybe it's just coincidence.

Yeah! One more for the pregnancy forms. Congratulations and may there be many more bfps for the ladies here.

Woo hooooo another BFP!!! HUGE congrats xoxo

Still here ladies hanging out at CD6.....starting to get on the BD waggon :winkwink:

YIPPPPEEEEE!!! Well done truly blessed, you are well named. Let's hope it's catching! x

Hello Everyone,
I'm new to the thread. I just turned 43. I have a 5 year old and 2 year old and we are trying to concieve our last one. I got pregnant last July after trying for almost 8 mos. then I lost the baby even after seeing a healthy heartbeat. I lost the baby in September and we been trying ever since and have had no luck.. I try Soy and Instead cup this month and hoping for the best.. Best of luck to everyone Garnet...:flower:

Welcome Garnet. Sorry to hear of your loss :hugs:

I tried two cycles of Soy and now on a cycle break from it. Probably will try it again next cycle if no BFP this time. Good luck!!!

Hi everyone..........................well I was right she got me, the old witch got me!!!

I feel the worst I have felt in ages, kinda new we were too late this month but he was only home for a few days!

Won't be able to try again till April now and even then I don't think the dates work out and to make matters worse a friend just announced her 11wk pregnancy to me yesterday! Happy for her but gutted me us!

Anyway...........to everyone else all the best and I may pop in from time to time to say hi xxx

GL all x

hi i too have jsut found out that a good friend is pregnant, she a party going, pot smokng 15 a day smoker and heavy weekend drinker or at least was til she just found out she is pregnant 5 weeks gone and she is 45 and wasnt tryng, im 44 and have beent ryng for 3 and half years with 13 emmc behind us and this is my last year to try as i think 45 and over is stupid but thats me ( to many things to worry about going wrong after 45 is sippose). and coz of her i have sort of given up inside, i had a drink or two and the odd ciggy coz i do when oh isnt around it chills me out and keeps my heart calm ( i have arthymia and svt), so its cool and i have been so chilled out this month not thinking about anything, no stress, and am loving the new me , i only think about ttc when i come on here to answer messages and then when im off the site i dont think about it its great x
Good Luck to everyne trying may your journeys be sort xxx

hi i too have jsut found out that a good friend is pregnant, she a party going, pot smokng 15 a day smoker and heavy weekend drinker or at least was til she just found out she is pregnant 5 weeks gone and she is 45 and wasnt tryng, im 44 and have beent ryng for 3 and half years with 13 emmc behind us and this is my last year to try as i think 45 and over is stupid but thats me ( to many things to worry about going wrong after 45 is sippose). and coz of her i have sort of given up inside, i had a drink or two and the odd ciggy coz i do when oh isnt around it chills me out and keeps my heart calm ( i have arthymia and svt), so its cool and i have been so chilled out this month not thinking about anything, no stress, and am loving the new me , i only think about ttc when i come on here to answer messages and then when im off the site i dont think about it its great x
Good Luck to everyne trying may your journeys be sort xxx

Yes I think sometimes we put so much stress on ourselves that it gets in the way...perfect example is how many people I know who tried and tried to conceive and when they finally give up and adopt they get pregnant right away!

Some times you just have to be surprised I guess

:dust: for all!!!!

Garnet - welcome and sorry for your loss. Don't give up - you're obviously good at getting pregnant!
Oorweiystie (can't spell that one!) I'm joining you - the old cow AF got me today FOUR days early. Although I wasn't trying I'm still cross at such a rubbish short cycle. The words luteal phase defect are ringing in my ears... Never mind, I'm joining the shagathon shortly!
Inkdchick - don't get down. Love your new avatar swan x

thanks Rebs i painted that some days ago and thought it was quite nice so put it up lol.
Im past the down stage now as im waiting for the f.s. appt now as our new doc says that 13 emmc is enough as i can get pregnant but cant keep them he got in touch with a good friend of his who is a f.s. so now just waiting for the appt but have enjoyed this month so far, no stress, no worries just bliss and still feeling that way so hopefully it will keep that way for the next couple of months too.
Garnet dont give up hun, i know exactly how you feel but if we try and relax as im doing now hopedully it will all work for us mind you i am now waiting to see the f.s for help keeping them, hopefully progesterone im 44 and this is my last few months of trying so really hoping we get the help now xx
Good Luck everyone xxxx

Hi Ladies,

This'll make you laugh, after saying I'm going for the BD marathon this month (and Nise handing me the torch) I've now jinxed myself - CD14 and only dunnit once so far - mon dieu, what is all that about??!! Am trying to take the relaxed approach this month, not p'd on a stick or checked my ov calendar for when I'm supposed to be Oing (are you impressed??) - think it's too relaxed, I need some action, I'm going after him this weekend!!!!!!:haha:

Inkdchick - blimey that's hard, hearing your friends story, I mean lovely news, but hey what gives when we're all being so good here??!! Have to say though you sound one one cool lady at the mo. Have you got a date for the FS yet?

Oorweeistyin & Reb S - sorry AF gotcha....watch out the shagathon is only just round the corner!

Glowstar & Bellamamma - how's the BD waggon going, better than mine I hope!!!

dienekatze - are you trying not to symptom spot yet???

Good luck Garnet, sorry to hear that you lost your little bub last year, but reading your post has filled me with hope for you that you've already had a baby in your 40's and it'll happen again. I've never been preg and I'm 41, it's eluding me but not for much longer, I'm determined to get my BFP!!!!

Lots of luv, hugs, dust and luck to ya all:kiss:xXx

Come on Jax - at him! One of the things that keeps me giggling is the thought of all us 40's shagging away like rabbits! Roll on this month's shagathon - AF - away with you!
x

Hi Ladies,

This'll make you laugh, after saying I'm going for the BD marathon this month (and Nise handing me the torch) I've now jinxed myself - CD14 and only dunnit once so far - mon dieu, what is all that about??!! Am trying to take the relaxed approach this month, not p'd on a stick or checked my ov calendar for when I'm supposed to be Oing (are you impressed??) - think it's too relaxed, I need some action, I'm going after him this weekend!!!!!!:haha:

Inkdchick - blimey that's hard, hearing your friends story, I mean lovely news, but hey what gives when we're all being so good here??!! Have to say though you sound one one cool lady at the mo. Have you got a date for the FS yet?

Oorweeistyin & Reb S - sorry AF gotcha....watch out the shagathon is only just round the corner!

Glowstar & Bellamamma - how's the BD waggon going, better than mine I hope!!!

dienekatze - are you trying not to symptom spot yet???

Good luck Garnet, sorry to hear that you lost your little bub last year, but reading your post has filled me with hope for you that you've already had a baby in your 40's and it'll happen again. I've never been preg and I'm 41, it's eluding me but not for much longer, I'm determined to get my BFP!!!!

Lots of luv, hugs, dust and luck to ya all:kiss:xXx

Well if it is any conslation to you. The month I got pregnant after deciding I was done trying, we only BD twice and funny thing was it was the night before ovulation...

Hi ladies, not been posting for a while, but have followed the chat on this thread nonetheless. Could do with some good vibes as I'm feeling very despondent just now.

After 12 week m/c at the end of last year i had been thrilled that, with the help of my herbalist, my cycle had returned to a 'perfect' 28 days so speedily. Was all set for SMEP again this month along with grapefruit juice, tons of water, opks, preseed for the optimum days but......I started my opks on cd11 to find a very faint line then my chart showed I'd ovulated on cd10. I NEVER ovulate so early, almost always day 13/14 and occasionally day 12, but day 10??? Now feeling so low that we only managed bd on cd8 and 10 and that odds of a good egg, healthy implantation etc are reduced with such early ovulation. I'm now 5dpo. I try so hard to hang on to the fact that I've been pregnant 4 times in my life (only one gorgeous little 2 year old to show for all my efforts though) but time ticks on, I'm going to be 43 this month and I'm guessing I'm not gonna be getting an early birthday present when I'm due to test on March 14th.

We're off on holiday to the sun for a week tomorrow to build some sandcastles so hopefully that will take my mind off how cr*p I'm feeling, I hate feeling this self indulgent and miserable :-( Trying to pluck up the courage to leave my bbt thermometer at home, but I know I won't manage that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->