ttc after a d&c

jen435

our miracle is on the way
Reaction score
Hey ladies. I'm new to this website and hoping to find others that are trying to conceive to talk with. After almost a year of ttc my husband and i had our first bfp in Feb 2012. We where sooo excited for our October son. Well at our 15wk scan we where sent to the children's hospital of Philadelphia to find out he was diagnosed with left hypoplastic ventricular heart syndrome and heterotaxy which is associated with other chromosomal defects. Our heart was broken and we lost our son. We named him Liam john. I had to have a d&e done may 17. The doctor said I should wait a week to have intercourse and at least one cycle before trying again... has anyone here had this procedure done or know anyone that has had success? I guess it wouldn't hurt to know what to expect whether it be good or bad. I hope there are some ladies that would mind sharing their experiences. Wishing you all the very best!

I had a d&c on April 19th after finding out our baby had no heartbeat at 12 weeks. We were told not to have intercourse for 2 weeks, although we didn't listen. I went back to see my doctor just to talk and see if I had any questions. I think he just wanted to see how I was doing emotionally. He told us to wait one cycle but that was for dating purposes. We have been trying since the first time we had intercourse after the d&c. I am waiting on either :bfp: or af to show up. I have had some symptoms that I am assuming are af saying she is going to show up but I have had them for about 2 weeks now so who knows what my body is trying to do.....

good luck to you & I hope you get your bfp soon!

I had a d&c in Nov 2011. Docs said wait 2 weeks before intercourse and a full cycle before ttc. We started ttc in March as I was not emotionally ready until then. So far af has shown her ugly face each month. We will see what happens in June. As for success stories...my BFF had a d&c done and has a beautiful 1 y/o and soon to have another.:thumbup:

You gals are lucky. My doc told me 4-6 weeks of "pelvic rest" :shock:

Had my D&E at 13 1/2 weeks on May 6th. My first post-op appointment is tomorrow morning. I'm definitely going to bring this up as I don't think I can last much longer, lol

Thank you ladies! I have heard you are most fertile after a d&e so i hope you have a valid bfp soon! Is dtd the same right after the procedure? Was it painful at all??? Sorry im kind of nervous so would be reassuring to know. My doctor said to wait two weeks also and to wait to try for at least one cycle. Idk if i have it in me to wait. I want to be pregnant again... I loved the feeling even with a sick first trimester. I thought my second trimester was amazing and i miss my small baby bump. Wishing you all the very best. Please keep me posted!

We didn't wait the full 2 weeks and it was just like before for us, I know it may different for each person, but it wasn't painful at all. Even though I was terrified it would be painful and different. My doctor said they suggest waiting till one cycle, but that is for dating purposes and if it happened before that there would be no additional danger! I hope you get your bfp soon! Keep us updated!!!

hey there. the 2 weeks no sex post D&C is to reduce the risk of infection...if you get an infection it will set you back even further in your trying to concieve...so i know its hard, but i would really stress to you to wait at least the 2 weeks. as for waiting a cycle to try again....the jury is out on that one in my opinion. my surgeon told me it was for dating purposes back in the day, but now they just do a dating scan...he couldnt really give me a good medical reason, although he did say to wait one cycle. i have decided to let nature take its course....if my lining is not healthy enough then a fertalized egg will not implant. once it is implanted, the risks of MC or the same if you had a D&C or not....this is my opinion. You have to do what is right for you and what you are comfortable with. We are not trying, not preventing post D&C.... had the D&C on april 20....no AF yet and no sign of O....

as for sucess stories my mom had a D&C and went on to have 2 more babies...she got pregnant 4 weeks after the D&C...and it was a complicated D&C with massive blood loss.

a friend of mine had a D&C at 13 weeks...her baby had downs and fluid started to accumulate around the baby and the baby died.... she waited one cycle and got pregnant on the one right after...she is now over 12 weeks pregnant.

as for sex after....no pain...actually, felt amazing as it had been sooooooo long!

I'm so relieved to hear everyone's input. Thank you! I had a D&C on May 6th, too and have been trying to figure out when we can TTC again. I'm expecting AF next week (they put me on BCP right away as it was a suspected Partial Molar pregnancy, which it turns out it wasn't) and my HCG levels are coming down quite rapidly so I was hoping for us TTC again in June (granted I O).

DH and I actually got into a huge fight last night because he wants to wait the 3 months post D&C that the doctor recommended. We still haven't agreed on when to TTC again :( Hoping that I can convince him that June is perfectly fine.

I had a d&c after mc at 12wks in Feb/12. My ob/gyn told us to wait 2 - 3 periods before we ttc... 3 periods passed by and we still decided not to ttc.

well what do you know, we were NTNP and now I'm 6weeks preg !!

I think they just tell you to wait after a d&c so that your uterus can rebuild it's walls, and your body can return to normal.

I have a few people in my family and my husbands that have had a d&c and gone on to have h&h babes!! :)

hey, I'm really sorry for your loss. I was pregnant the same times as you, but had mc on 31st march, i was 10 weeks. I was completley gutted. we didnt need a d&c, but we did try as soon as i stopped bleeding but nothing happened as i got a period a month later, so we tried again and got a bfp on wed this week. S def five yourself one cycle, if only to calm yourself and hormones down! good luck hun, i hope u have success!

I had my d & c last friday after learning at my first doctors appt. that the baby had stopped growing @ 6 weeks (I shouldve been 8weeks). I was told 2 weeks of no sex (and I am sticking to that). And then my surgeon recommended waiting one cycle and my doctor recommended waiting 2. DH and I have decided we are just going to try straight away (after the 2 weeks). I figure if my bodys ready implantation can occur. If its not it wont. Good luck to everyone.

I had my d & c last friday after learning at my first doctors appt. that the baby had stopped growing @ 6 weeks (I shouldve been 8weeks). I was told 2 weeks of no sex (and I am sticking to that). And then my surgeon recommended waiting one cycle and my doctor recommended waiting 2. DH and I have decided we are just going to try straight away (after the 2 weeks). I figure if my bodys ready implantation can occur. If its not it wont. Good luck to everyone.

So sorry for your loss! Fingers crossed it happens for yall soon! :)

i had a d and e a week ago still in bits emotionally waiting for bleeding to stop. i was told dont hve sex for 2 weeks and dont ttc for 2 cycles to give my body time to build back up lining and to give me a chance to recover. the wait will kill me but if i did ttc earlier and got preggers and something happened god forbid but i would blame myself and prob never be strong enough to try again. best of luck in your recovery and good luck ind future if u decide to ttc xxxxxxxxxx

i was 10 weeks 4 days but my baby stopped growing at 7 weeks 4 days, had 3 weeks of weely scans due to bad views because of a tilted uterus before they could tell me for sure. hellish few weeks.

readin all ur posts makes me wanna try right away, sometimes i do think if its meant to happen and ur body is able it will just happen. my boyf also goin away with work for 5 weeks so if i dont try straight away it will def be 2 cycles before i can try, ( which doc said to wait anywho ) would love to get a present of a positive test while he is away to cheer me up. what do ye al think ye will do, sooooo undecided :)

sorry for all d posts but keep remembering bits to add, :) a different doc just said to wait one af so ...... ??????

Thank you soon much ladies!!! It took me a while to actually come on here again. My obgyn at our two week post appt gave us the OK to start trying again. I miss feeling my son move around and i feel the same way if its meant to happen it will happen. Praying for us to all have our bfp's very soon!!! I'm so sorry so many of us have to suffer. But I'm glad to know that there is a beautiful baby boy in heaven for me to met one day in heaven and i really hope god sat him on his lap and told him all about his parents since I didn't get the chance to teach him about God.

Sorry that's just me trying to accept it and move forward. Everyone of us deserve our precious child to love and watch grow. I hope every one of you ladies have that soon. :hugs:

Thank you soon much ladies!!! It took me a while to actually come on here again. My obgyn at our two week post appt gave us the OK to start trying again. I miss feeling my son move around and i feel the same way if its meant to happen it will happen. Praying for us to all have our bfp's very soon!!! I'm so sorry so many of us have to suffer. But I'm glad to know that there is a beautiful baby boy in heaven for me to met one day in heaven and i really hope god sat him on his lap and told him all about his parents since I didn't get the chance to teach him about God.

Sorry that's just me trying to accept it and move forward. Everyone of us deserve our precious child to love and watch grow. I hope every one of you ladies have that soon. :hugs:

The go ahead on ttc is wonderful! I hope you get your bfp soon! Keep us updated :)

Hi Ladies! I was hoping I could join you as I just had my d&c yesterday due to MMC. I found out when I was 11w3d but baby was only measuring 9 weeks. The worst part of this entire situation is having to tell my 6 year old DD. OH and I are really hoping to start TTC right away. My dr said to wait for 1 normal cycle and then I have the okay to start trying again. So far the bleeding has been very light (*knock on wood*) so I'm hoping everything will go smoothly and I will fall pg very soon! Good luck to all you lovely ladies! Here's hoping we all have our baby bumps very soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->