ttc after a d&c

Thinkpositiv that's nuts they are monitoring your drinking habits! They know how badly you want a child and about your losses so it would be so kind of them to just let it be til it happens and your ready to tell them. I'm so sorry you have this pressure on you with them.

Storked welcome! Im very sorry for your loss. If your trying again I'm wishing you the best! I have heard that after a d&c your first true at can be light. I completely understand what you mean about trying to be excited for people you close to when they don't understand how it feels to go through a loss of a child. I have a friend that found out I was trying for almost a year to get pregnant with my first so she told me two months later she was pregnant. I was upset because she wasn't even trying and I was going on my 11th month trying. That month i got pregnant though finally with my first. She had her baby shower on the day of my d&c and was mad I didn't attend. Its so hard to accept that she is having her first and i lost my first. My sister is 20 with a 2yr old daughter and my sister in law has two boys. So I'm constantly around then and it so hard to see your friends/fam have children and then have ppl ask you when I'm going to have my own... its so hard to face this now with a loss... my neighbors just asked me this question the other day. All well its part of life I guess we will just have to pull through this and hopefully soon we can be excited about telling others we are expecting. But I know secretly we will be so cautious and nervous at the same time.

Thinkpositiv that's nuts they are monitoring your drinking habits! They know how badly you want a child and about your losses so it would be so kind of them to just let it be til it happens and your ready to tell them. I'm so sorry you have this pressure on you with them.

Storked welcome! Im very sorry for your loss. If your trying again I'm wishing you the best! I have heard that after a d&c your first true at can be light. I completely understand what you mean about trying to be excited for people you close to when they don't understand how it feels to go through a loss of a child. I have a friend that found out I was trying for almost a year to get pregnant with my first so she told me two months later she was pregnant. I was upset because she wasn't even trying and I was going on my 11th month trying. That month i got pregnant though finally with my first. She had her baby shower on the day of my d&c and was mad I didn't attend. Its so hard to accept that she is having her first and i lost my first. My sister is 20 with a 2yr old daughter and my sister in law has two boys. So I'm constantly around then and it so hard to see your friends/fam have children and then have ppl ask you when I'm going to have my own... its so hard to face this now with a loss... my neighbors just asked me this question the other day. All well its part of life I guess we will just have to pull through this and hopefully soon we can be excited about telling others we are expecting. But I know secretly we will be so cautious and nervous at the same time.

Oh jen435 everything you said was exactly how I have felt. I have 3 sisters and my family is so fertile that miscarriage is practically unheard of. I have 16 nieces and nephews and...and my oldest niece became pregnant before me. And she didn't want hers so it hurts that she is soon to have a healthy baby boy and I have nothing. I adopted a sweet kitten though and can mother him at least but he doesn't replace my baby. I will be TTC this cycle but my not sure how out of wack my body is right now. Have thought about buying OPKs to see if I'm even going to ovulate.
I cannot believe that your friend was so selfish that she couldn't understand why you couldn't attend her shower! That is terrible. Pregnant women can be very...self-absorbed I have noticed. And they always complain about being pregnant. I wonder how they can complain when I miss morning sickness :cry:
:hugs: I never understand why people ask when you are going to have children- I have never asked someone that. It is mean. I am so sorry you face it very often. My family and friends mostly ask how I am doing and where I am in my cycle :blush:

Oh jen435 everything you said was exactly how I have felt. I have 3 sisters and my family is so fertile that miscarriage is practically unheard of. I have 16 nieces and nephews and...and my oldest niece became pregnant before me. And she didn't want hers so it hurts that she is soon to have a healthy baby boy and I have nothing. I adopted a sweet kitten though and can mother him at least but he doesn't replace my baby. I will be TTC this cycle but my not sure how out of wack my body is right now. Have thought about buying OPKs to see if I'm even going to ovulate.
I cannot believe that your friend was so selfish that she couldn't understand why you couldn't attend her shower! That is terrible. Pregnant women can be very...self-absorbed I have noticed. And they always complain about being pregnant. I wonder how they can complain when I miss morning sickness :cry:
:hugs: I never understand why people ask when you are going to have children- I have never asked someone that. It is mean. I am so sorry you face it very often. My family and friends mostly ask how I am doing and where I am in my cycle :blush:

welcome storked, god i totally know what u mean my niece is 24 weeks pregnant and she complaining to me about having indigestion the other day, all i could think was i wish i got to that stage. i miscarried my first and had d and c 2 weeks ago, i must be a way better actor than i think cos people seem to think im fine .
had my first day back to work today and it was alright . everyone knew i was pregnant cos i got so excited when i was and thought nothing would ever happen to me stupidly and told them at 7 weeks, doh!
one of the guys cam eup to me all excited and congratulated me on being pregnant and i had to tell him i wasnt any more, he was mortified , think it upset him more than me :wacko:
about half way through the day i thought my face would crack from fake smiling all day and tellin all i was fine and getting back to normal!!!
people already asking me today too when im trying again, arggghhh give me a chance to get over it and start ttc before u start bump watch please.
i made it to my car after the whole day but i cried all the way home. so sick of feeling crappy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry guys i need to rant some where r i go insane. thanks for ur help on the trying again issue and hope ye had a better day than me xxxxxxxxxxxx

welcome storked, god i totally know what u mean my niece is 24 weeks pregnant and she complaining to me about having indigestion the other day, all i could think was i wish i got to that stage. i miscarried my first and had d and c 2 weeks ago, i must be a way better actor than i think cos people seem to think im fine .
had my first day back to work today and it was alright . everyone knew i was pregnant cos i got so excited when i was and thought nothing would ever happen to me stupidly and told them at 7 weeks, doh!
one of the guys cam eup to me all excited and congratulated me on being pregnant and i had to tell him i wasnt any more, he was mortified , think it upset him more than me :wacko:
about half way through the day i thought my face would crack from fake smiling all day and tellin all i was fine and getting back to normal!!!
people already asking me today too when im trying again, arggghhh give me a chance to get over it and start ttc before u start bump watch please.
i made it to my car after the whole day but i cried all the way home. so sick of feeling crappy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry guys i need to rant some where r i go insane. thanks for ur help on the trying again issue and hope ye had a better day than me xxxxxxxxxxxx

Rant away- venting is therapy! :hugs:
Yeah we told family and a few people at church but thankfully that was it. But the people at church don't know about my loss and I dread the day they ask where my belly is!
Yeah my niece texts me EVERY DAY with complaints and I think the same exact thing! She asked me if I was coming to her shower today and I bluntly told her that I am incapable of faking enthusiasm for her. She took it well though.
You don't have to pretend to be ok. Absolutely wail if you want. You may feel better! After my D&C my DH was pretending happiness but I was pretty openly sad and I started reading romance books again- those things are pure joy. You know that it will end happily. I needed to derive joy from something!
Am just now getting to where I can read anything about babies. I avoid pregnancy books though but will read childbirth books.

jen435, forgot to add that I think next time I will also be more cautious and nervous. I don't think I'll feel detached from the baby, just really, really scared. You?

thanks babe, i been reading too again lately its a good distraction. :)

i have cried loads but i am so sick of it, im normally a happy person and really wanna get back to that. im faking it for now cos i cant quite feel it a lot of the time. im fine with my proper friends but the people who are casual friends i fake it :)
it def feels a little better to say it here and get a response form someone who knows the yuckiness of it all :)
thanks.
there are so many nice people on here its great.

i texted loads of people to let them know cos it was easier than sayin it or bumping into them and having the qs. could u let someone in church know like that maybe?
ur dead right about ur nieces shower and she understands so its all the better :)

i work in the hosp that i had my d and c in so it prob made it a bit extra hard goin back to work. even saw some of the staff that dealt with me that day today.

i cant wait to be normal again :)

thanks babe, i been reading too again lately its a good distraction. :)

i have cried loads but i am so sick of it, im normally a happy person and really wanna get back to that. im faking it for now cos i cant quite feel it a lot of the time. im fine with my proper friends but the people who are casual friends i fake it :)
it def feels a little better to say it here and get a response form someone who knows the yuckiness of it all :)
thanks.
there are so many nice people on here its great.

i texted loads of people to let them know cos it was easier than sayin it or bumping into them and having the qs. could u let someone in church know like that maybe?
ur dead right about ur nieces shower and she understands so its all the better :)

i work in the hosp that i had my d and c in so it prob made it a bit extra hard goin back to work. even saw some of the staff that dealt with me that day today.

i cant wait to be normal again :)

Oh goodness that has to be rough to work with the people who had to give you your D&C :hugs:
Hope you start feeling better soon!
As for the church people, I don't know their cells :( but it was *hopefully* just men who knew (unless they told their wives) and men are unobservant so they may not notice anything for a year! Hehe, My DH and I are cub scout leaders and told the other leaders because sometimes I was too sick to attend on Wednesdays
Whatcha reading? I love books. It is my biggest hobby. Other people do crafty things, I sit and read :winkwink:

storked- if its just guys u will prob have a five yr old taggin along with u before they notice :) hope u dont have akward situations, if its like my guy today he couldnt get away fast enough so the akwardness doesnt last long :)

i saw ur post to jen and i think ur right , i think i will just be scared , hope i dont feel detached, dont wanna miss out on the joy of it just cos i got burned once :)
but i suppose we wont know till we r in that position hopefully soon for all :)

im reading a book called 'some kind of wonderfull' by sarah webb. its not bad entertaining enough but id read anything really. i love reading too , could go through 2 books on a day off easy peasy :)
always thinking i should take up a more constructive hobby but i love reading :)

my bro and sis in law had a little baby girl 2 days after my d and c , but they already had losses themselves and had pregnancy problems, even though i was sad i couldnt be anything but happy for them. it was hard handing her back after cuddles though. :) it s only seeing people who i dont think value their kids enough and hve no probs having them that upset me . i hve 11 older bro and sis and im only the 3rd to have a miscarriage out of all! and the other 2 arent blood related to me , all other problems the girls were the in laws so i was totally sure i wouldnt have any problem. oh well ...

storked- if its just guys u will prob have a five yr old taggin along with u before they notice :) hope u dont have akward situations, if its like my guy today he couldnt get away fast enough so the akwardness doesnt last long :)

i saw ur post to jen and i think ur right , i think i will just be scared , hope i dont feel detached, dont wanna miss out on the joy of it just cos i got burned once :)
but i suppose we wont know till we r in that position hopefully soon for all :)

im reading a book called 'some kind of wonderfull' by sarah webb. its not bad entertaining enough but id read anything really. i love reading too , could go through 2 books on a day off easy peasy :)
always thinking i should take up a more constructive hobby but i love reading :)

Poor guys really don't handle awkwardness well :)
I'm currently reading Ever Since Eve. I am liking it! :thumbup:
I hope we all get pregnant soon. I miss the joys and hopes :cry:
I don't think I'll feel detached but someone told me that after they got pregnant after a loss they kind of resented that pregnancy because they still wanted the other so badly. I don't think I will feel that way at all. Just scared mostly, which will cut into my joy a bit

my bro and sis in law had a little baby girl 2 days after my d and c , but they already had losses themselves and had pregnancy problems, even though i was sad i couldnt be anything but happy for them. it was hard handing her back after cuddles though. :) it s only seeing people who i dont think value their kids enough and hve no probs having them that upset me . i hve 11 older bro and sis and im only the 3rd to have a miscarriage out of all! and the other 2 arent blood related to me , all other problems the girls were the in laws so i was totally sure i wouldnt have any problem. oh well ...

It is true that I tend to be more capable of being happy for people who have struggled. And too many people don't value their kids enough :(
Yes miscarriage was never something that seriously entered my mind either! I have a clotting disorder but my sister who have had it have almost died when pregnant- but they never lost a baby at all. I thought I'd be the same, that any danger would be to me alone.

i really hope i dont feel like that, i suppose i know what they mean but its hardly the babies fault something bad happened last time, im hoping that im just a bit scared. i wll always miss lile i know that but i dont think it would hurt her if i had a baby.

we posted at same time. my sis in law that had trouble had the same she has 3 kids and 3 losses, she took baby aspirin for all her successs, u hear of it or take it?

i really hope i dont feel like that, i suppose i know what they mean but its hardly the babies fault something bad happened last time, im hoping that im just a bit scared. i wll always miss lile i know that but i dont think it would hurt her if i had a baby.

we posted at same time. my sis in law that had trouble had the same she has 3 kids and 3 losses, she took baby aspirin for all her successs, u hear of it or take it?

I have taken it but stopped and started taking lovenox injections instead. Doctors like to put me on stronger stuff with my crap family history. :(
I kind of understand being detached from the pregnancy but yeah, not the baby. I think next time I may not read pregnancy books :?

Lilysmom :hugs: I'm so sorry you had a hard first day at work.I couldn't imagine going back into your hosp to work that you had the d&c. As for that man he must have felt terrible asking. I hope going to work becomes easier for you in time. We are here for you so feel free to vent anytime.

Storked I really hope I don't feel detached. I really wanted my son and I still breakdown and cry when I'm alone but I know that's normal. I'll always love Liam and always think of him as my first. I don't think I could ever resent a child that I want so badly. I know I'll protect my next pregnancy with my life and never ever take it for granted...

I'm not much of a reader unless its dental related and even then I just read what I feels educational. Its so nice to hear though that you ladies have a hobbie that can keep you in a happy state for a while. I remember reading romantic stories when I was younger and until I read your post I forgot how nice it is to get wrapped up in a book. I just might give it a try this week when I'm alone this week at home.

Aww a kitten!!! So glad you have a pet to cuddle with. Animals are the best and can really lift ones spirit. If it wasn't for my dog life just wouldn't be the same and since the loss dh and i have been really spoiling him with attention. I really am starting to worry its going to backfire when our neices and nephews are over.

Lilysmom :hugs: I'm so sorry you had a hard first day at work.I couldn't imagine going back into your hosp to work that you had the d&c. As for that man he must have felt terrible asking. I hope going to work becomes easier for you in time. We are here for you so feel free to vent anytime.

Storked I really hope I don't feel detached. I really wanted my son and I still breakdown and cry when I'm alone but I know that's normal. I'll always love Liam and always think of him as my first. I don't think I could ever resent a child that I want so badly. I know I'll protect my next pregnancy with my life and never ever take it for granted...

I'm not much of a reader unless its dental related and even then I just read what I feels educational. Its so nice to hear though that you ladies have a hobbie that can keep you in a happy state for a while. I remember reading romantic stories when I was younger and until I read your post I forgot how nice it is to get wrapped up in a book. I just might give it a try this week when I'm alone this week at home.

Aww a kitten!!! So glad you have a pet to cuddle with. Animals are the best and can really lift ones spirit. If it wasn't for my dog life just wouldn't be the same and since the loss dh and i have been really spoiling him with attention. I really am starting to worry its going to backfire when our neices and nephews are over.

I feel the same about my next pregnancy. It is so normal to cry. The sadness never really leaves I don't think.
Dental? Are you a dentist? I read some educational things. I love books on world history. I have also recently read a book all about parasites and another one that I will eventually read is about prion diseases. I am full of pretty useless tidbits of info :)
We aren't supposed to have a cat, we had planned to get hamsters but we fell in love. He is the perfect baby too. He loves to snuggle and play. He follows me everywhere and cries when he can't find me. So cute! He'll even lay in my arms like a :baby:
With my nieces and nephews...I love to babysit and fill them full of sugar. Then I send them back to their parents. MUAHAHAHAHA! Sadly, none of my young nieces and nephews live nearby :(

Lilysmom - I learned at the childerns hospital of Philadelphia that baby asprin taken while ttc and early in first trimester can cause birth defects. My baby had hypoplastic left ventricular heart defect and heteroplastic defect. It was the first question they asked me before they did the fetal echocardiogram when I was 12wks and learned of my babies defects. So please be careful when deciding to take any meds while ttc. So whenever thinking of taking any meds please talk with your ob first when ttc. Unfortunately I lost my baby due to radiation, high fevers early in pregnancy, and his little heart stopping because it was so deformed. At least that's what I blame it on. The ob told me it just happened and it was beyond my control. Wow I never talked about this to anyone yet. I'm so glad to have bnb my friends n family would look at me like I was crazy.

Lilysmom - I learned at the childerns hospital of Philadelphia that baby asprin taken while ttc and early in first trimester can cause birth defects. My baby had hypoplastic left ventricular heart defect and heteroplastic defect. It was the first question they asked me before they did the fetal echocardiogram when I was 12wks and learned of my babies defects. So please be careful when deciding to take any meds while ttc. So whenever thinking of taking any meds please talk with your ob first when ttc. Unfortunately I lost my baby due to radiation, high fevers early in pregnancy, and his little heart stopping because it was so deformed. At least that's what I blame it on. The ob told me it just happened and it was beyond my control. Wow I never talked about this to anyone yet. I'm so glad to have bnb my friends n family would look at me like I was crazy.

Weird on the birth defects. My gyno had told me to take them when TTC to avoid clots :(
Yeah I was on a plane a lot before I knew that I was pregnant, since my honeymoon was in Europe. And I wasn't taking folic acid. And my DH is a chemist and worries from the stuff he is exposed to at work. :cry:

I'm a registered dental hygienist :)

Its fun being full of useless information!!! Always a great conversation starter also!!!

I'm so glad you both enjoy the kitten!! That's so sweet he crys when you leave and lets you hold him like a baby!!! I love kittens!!!

Aww I'm sorry they are so far away. Its fun to send them home all sugared up though!!! I give my nephew caffinated soda when he's here and at night he loves hot tea. He's six. I only have one rule sugaey drink a must be drank with a straw!!

if your ob tells you to take them you maybe OK. The rule of thumb is do the benefits out weigh the risk... that's what they go by. Lucky you are the one that has to be protected from environmental factors and your body's. I think your dh is okay since he only contributes. As long as he is eating pretty healthy I think you'll be okay!

I'm a registered dental hygienist :)

Its fun being full of useless information!!! Always a great conversation starter also!!!

I'm so glad you both enjoy the kitten!! That's so sweet he crys when you leave and lets you hold him like a baby!!! I love kittens!!!

Aww I'm sorry they are so far away. Its fun to send them home all sugared up though!!! I give my nephew caffinated soda when he's here and at night he loves hot tea. He's six. I only have one rule sugaey drink a must be drank with a straw!!

In the South, all people want to talk about is guns or tractor pulls...at least they do in my town. Or about drinking. And I'm Mormon so not fun to talk about drinking too. And other Mormons just talk about their kids LOL
My kitten is my fur baby for me to mother until I have a real baby :)
Hehe it is fun to torture their parents huh? I always give play makeup to this one sister's kids just because her hubby won't let them wear it.
And loud toys to my brother's kids. He hates those. He gutted a doll of mine when I was little!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->