• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TTC after a loss: buddy's now pregnant

I feel the same... Who cares about weight... When you get to be pregnant and have a baby! Way more important! I wish I had started at my weight before my miscarriages vs after... But then again wish I never had the miscarriages either. Can't have everything can I? :)

I had my u/s today! It was amazing :) loud and clear heartbeat and really clear pictures! Everything is measuring exactly as it should!

awesome future! congrats!!!!!

I can't wait to gain weight BUT i'm nervous about stretch marks. But with all i've been through, I could care less if i turn green and get scales and horns, as long as I get healthy babies.

haha hopeful thats so true!

glad to hear future, how amazing

had my appt today, they changed my due date to july 10!! What the hell!
this puts me at 10 weeks, they used a doppler but couldnt find a heart beat, and i dont have a scan until 20 weeks, ugh, im pretty upset, the doc said not to panic, but its pretty hard. they are sending us to a geneticyst (sp?) due to my dh's past with having a stillborn at 9 months, they want to ask him questions and look into his DNA, hopefully all goes well.
anyways, im kind of nervous, i called the doc back and requested a scan for a sooner date, but i havent heard back, hopefully i will

Kate-
I think sometimes finding the HB with doppler can be tricky. A u/s should tell you more. I hope that they'll be able to do one sooner for you. 10 more weeks would be a long time to wait. Keep us posted! I'll keep you an Lo in my prayers.

Kate... Im sorry about not finding a heartbeat. My dr couldn't find one at around 12 weeks... So then she went and got a portable scan machine to ease my mind. Too bad they didn't do that for you. Makes you nervous I know but it is early for even the dr to find at that stage. Have you thought about buying a doppler for home? I bought one... First found the heartbeat at 11 weeks but it took a long time to find... Way more time than the dr spends. Now it's easier to find... And the dr or I it takes about 2 seconds to find.
We saw a genetic councilor with our baby's brain cysts. So now I've learned a bit more about that area. Something I hadn't really thought about before ttc. Hopefully all is well. Did they do tests on the baby? Do they know for sure it was genitic vs placenta issues or something.

:hugs: big hugs for you. Sounds like your going through a lot right now. Its hard not to panic and think the worst I think after what we've been through... But try to have faith!

I had a dr appt today. Blood pressure still is looking good. I asked about delayed cord clamping and if it would be possible to not wear the hospital gown. The dr was like... And just be naked? Lol ummm no.. Like pajama or something and he was like well pants wont work. Ha! No kidding!? I was so uncomfortable in the hospital gown I remember... And it would just drape all wrong as they have you tie it in the back... But wanted monitors on my bump... Also I was on the birthing ball with my butt towards the door when some random nurse comes in saying a tech for the iv monitor company was there to do some reading on it or something..... She looked at my butt... And was like.. Um Ill have him come back later. :dohh: . I felt ackward. Anyway the dr seemed annoyed with my questions - even though I felt they were relevant as today was when I was handing in my birth plan. They gave me a sheet to fill out and bring back. Well this has to do with my birth plan right? I didnt get the info I wanted on the cord clamping, he wrote it on my birth plan but didn't really want to discuss it. Nice!

Ugh, sorry to hear daisy, doctors sometimes are not the best eh?

my doc called back and said no about giving me an ultrasound earlier than 20 weeks, but you both seem to have eased my mind, so thank you.

i happen to do scheduling for some medical imaging departments are local hosptials, so i think i will ask my ultrasound supervisor if she could help me out and give me a free ultrasound as i am a little panicked, worth a shot right

Daisy- that's sad that the Dr. isn't taking your questions very seriously. lol- sorry the part about your butt made me laugh :) I totally understand why you'd want to wear your own night gown and don't see why the wouldn't let you. I'd like to find out what they decide on the cord clamping too- seems like an interesting idea.

Kate- too bad the Dr. said no to another u/s- but sometimes when you know the right people... good luck!

I'm a raspberry now! yay!

yay for raspberry!! So great future, what a mile stone for you!

my Ultrasound friend is not working today so tomorrow im going to send her an email, i would be nice for some peace of mind though.

It's DH's christmas party on saturday and dh told everyone already so i hope the congratulations we will receive will be warranted. I am trying to stay positive, but damn, it can be hard.

hi kate - i am sure you are fine! does that mean you got bfp in mexico?

future- happy for raspberry status!

daisy - that is funny but would suck to be in - i've never heard of a birthing ball..

The receptionist stuck me with this same dr next visit... In 4 weeks. But visit after that I'm going to request one of the others. I hadnt seen this dr this whole pregnancy..he was who I saw for the miscarriages and a lot of megans early pregnancy. I'm going to ask another dr about the cord clamping and more about what I can wear in labor. I also had asked this dr about a maternity belt ( dh's cousin suggested it) and the dr was weird with that question too. I'm having lots of pelvic pain - feel like I fell on my tailbone if I sit wrong on it... And feel like I've been kicked up front with a steel toe boot. It hurts! I had it with Megan as well... They say my hips must separate more than most women's and nothing much I can do except stronger painkillers. Which being pregnant I'm not ok with. Dr also mentioned putting me on bp meds if my bp starts to climb. Well it still looks good. So why talk about it already?!? I wasn't on meds with megans so why the change with this one? I asked him and didn't get a good answer.

Hopeful- birthing ball is basically an exercise ball can be used as a tool either later pregnancy or during labor. My hospital provides them for during labor. We went to childbirth classes at our hospital and got to try them out beforehand. Being induced with Megan I was stuck in my room.., couldn't walk, but they let me be beside the bed on the ball or resting against the bed raised way up. They wanted the monitor on my belly so even with pulling the iv along they wouldn't let me go anywhere.

Kate... Think it's hard to be naive about pregnancy after what we've been through. BUT..... Right now you are pregnant. Try to enjoy the pregnancy vs. Only worry, as it will be over And done with and you don't want to regret anything. I totally understand though.... It's harder to be positive and assume the best.

Future :dance:

Hopeful... Have you wrapped your head around it yet? Twins! Happy 7 weeks!!

Daisy - 7 wks hasn't sink in yet or twins, completely. It's so early but much farther than I've gotten in the past. I think i feel like a normal preg woman too.
I sure have a lot to learn with giving birth! Sorry you are in so much pain, that would be hard, esp when you have Meghan too.

i have a lot too learn too hopeful! And yes, I got my bfp the day i got home from Mexico, vacatino baby I suppose. I can't believe you are having twins, thats insanity, and yet so much excitement!

I will be having a FREE ultrasound either tomorrow and thursday, phew, what a relief, here's to hoping everything is good.

Daisy - dr's suck. hope you are feeling better soon, without having to take pain killers! Thank you for the support

Yay for the ultrasound!!!! I'm so happy for you! Must be so relieved. It is a long time to wait until 20 weeks when you've been worried. :hugs:

i do feel better, hopefully all is well in babyland! what would i do without you all?

I decided to take the day off today and go get a massage :) I'm excited to do nothing but lay around and relax all day!

had a scan today with my coworker who is a tech, baby is doing WONDERFULLY

:hugs: Im so happy for you Kate!!! Now you can feel like you can breathe a bit?!

yes daisy - i feel like im going to sleep amazingly tonight!!!!!!!!!!!! wooooooooooooo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->