• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TTC after a loss: buddy's now pregnant

all i know so far is that his ex's blood did not match the babies blood

It sounds like that's what it was....

I'm glad she is being so cooperative! That will help a lot. And relief for you im sure knowing it was not a chromosome issue.

im not certain what Rh negative means, anyone have a second to explain

It has to do with your blood type, most people are rh pos but if the mom is rh neg, then she needs to get shots at certain wks in the pregnancy as a mom being rh neg can cause risks to be baby

when do they test for that? i suppose its important to get tested!

Here it's part of the early blood work they do at your first appt. They didn't do it for me this time as they already know what mine is from last time. I always thought it was a standard but maybe some places it's not. It's the only thing I've heard of though that sounds like what happened to that baby.

You should be able to call and ask the dr office to check your records for your blood type.

hi daisy - i'm doing good, just nervous every day for no reason really. i got a gross lovenox bruise last night, first out of 30 shots (other bruises were tiny).
how are you?
does everyone know their blood type? i'm B positive, which is so funny as easy to remember
kate- you should call for yours! just a good thing to know

I was nervous during first tri.... It slowly went away.... But it was still there. I think it's still there. I don't think we take our pregnancies for granted. :hugs: One day at a time!

I'm good... Busy with Xmas stuff. I think the baby had a growth spurt last week as I feel ( and dh says look) bigger.

I was told my blood type... But I forget.

What does the lovenox do?

Hope everyone is having a good day! Future... How is your ms?

Blah! This week is the sickest I've felt yet. I'm still not barfing, but just hate feeling like I'm going to the whole day. If I can get people in to pick up orders this morning I think that I'll go home and lay down for the afternoon.

I made an update to my pg journal- it's kinda funny (but kinda not)
I feel like an alter-persona is taking over my body.

I am on lovenox (blood thinner shots) and prednisone (steroid pill for 1st tri) as they don't know why I had so many early mcs. It's just what they do and seems to be working as there could have been tiny blood clots getting in the way of development and/or my immune system could have been attacking the embryos (steroids suppress the immune system)
My rpl tests were all pretty normal. Some borderline though in which the treatment is lov/ pred. It's scary to do the shots but I gotta do what I gotta do. Will probably do them throughout the pregnancy.
They sting. By stops hurting within a few minutes

Future- I am exhausted too, just want to lay in bed and not work

Dh's cousin had to do those shots during her pregnancy ( pretty sure it was the same one... The blood thinning one). We aren't close though so I never felt comfortable asking her about them. I do know she hated them though.

I'm still on my baby aspirin per dr.... They were thinking besides miscarriages it might be useful as my placenta was small with Megan.

My energy is better than 1st tri... But still not as much energy as before pregnancy. Megan isn't a good sleeper though and that makes it worse.... Seems like its always something... Molars, right now a cold and a molar :dohh:

hopeful- it's true, I'd do anything for my baby too- but it sucks that you have to go through those shots- not fun at all!

I'm so happy to be at 9 weeks - the nervousness is going away for me a little bit. Now instead of it always being on my mind it is on the back-burner. Now when I do think about it- I'm worried about a 2nd trimester loss still, but don't dwell too much on that- I think I feel deep down that everything will go ok with this pregnancy BUT... I am mostly scared of having the birth and having complications during or after that would cause my child not to live very long. I think it would be the worst thing to go full term and deliver and then loose it. I don't dwell on this too much, but it's still there on the days when I worry.

Looks like no new news on here the last couple of days. How's it going for everyone? Ready for Christmas? I still haven't wrapped presents- but at least I have them all purchased and ready.

hi future! i had another awesome scan today, i'm 8+2 and baby a measuring 8+2 and 170 bpm, baby b measuring 8+1 and 164 bpm. i'm so happy and amazed with every good scan. they even scheduled my NT scan for Jan 16th.

Hi Hopeful,

That's great! I wish I had more scans- kinda jealous! They will only do 3 through my pg. I had my first early at 7 wks... the next one wont be until 20! It seems like so long from now. My next OB appointment is Jan 13th- I get a pap, oh joy :) Sorry, what is a NT scan?

An NT scan looks for some heart defects, downs, and a few other things. Its done between wks 11-13. I've heard of a lot of girls having it done but maybe because we are high risk with several mcs in the past. Older girls have them typically too. They are optional but I choose to have it. Insurance covers it
All the scans are so nice to have and thank god I have good insurance and met the deductible months ago so I pay zero.

Daisy- did you get one done?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->