Ttc after birthcontrol

Kay23

Reaction score
Hi everyone I am very new to this but I came off the pill after taking it for 3 years and I am now ttc. I stopped my pills mid pack on December 18th and had some bleeding from the 20th to the 24th. I took a test today and a BFN so I was just looking for anyone with advice on when I should test again or anyone in the same boat.. thank you!!!

It can take several months for your true cycle to emerge after coming off hbc. What you had was most likely not true menstrual bleeding but withdrawal bleeding. If you ovulated this month it could have been quite late. If you don't get a period in the next couple weeks then test again.

I came off the pill towards the end of December 2014, and my period didn't return until February 2016!
I wasn't TTC at the time, so there wasn't any pressure to find out what was going on or to fix it in a hurry (Doctors did some tests, but mostly got inconclusive results).
When I first went to the doctor she said it's perfectly normal for it to take 3-6 months for everything to go back to normal, so I would recommend giving your body some time, and try not to put too much pressure on to get pregnant straight away.

This is me!! I stopped the combination pill in November (switched to the mini pill) and haven't had a period since. I recently stopped the mini pill, and still no bleeding. With my last pregnancy, I didn't bleed after stopping the combination pill until I was prescribed progesterone to induce my period (I ovulated and got pregnant that same cycle!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->