TTC after c-section

Leo_Mumma

Reaction score
My gorgeous little man was born 5 weeks ago via emergency section. My surgeon advised me to go for a vbac as I'd got to 9 cm but baby wasn't engaging and became distressed.

How long did others wait after a section to start trying? It took us 2 years to conceive our little man and I'd love my kids to be close in age. At the moment we barely get time to cuddle so I have a feeling it might take even longer this time lol

I think you need to wait 12-18 months before you can attempt a VBAC... and your scar has to be fully healed from the inside which can take a while (has to be checked via ultrasound) before becoming pregnant again or you could endanger yourself and the baby! Wait at least 6 months before even trying to get pregnant again!!! then go see your OB and get an ultrasound to see if your scar is fully healed!!! I used to work in surgical gynecology and I saw a lot of women who thought waiting was a suggestion that ended up with a ruptured scar, surgery and losing their babies

Personally, I would wait 12-18 months before even attempting to conceive again. Better safe than sorry.

I had a c section and found out I was expecting right before my ds1 turned seven months. I was still a positive candidate for vbac but had another c sections due to breech presentation again. My dr and surgeon was supportive of the vbac.

I would speak to you dr at your six week appt though to get their advice.

Congratulations on your baby!

My doctor who did my section said 18 months, I was never sure if that was between sections or from section to beginning of next pregnancy. We ended up waiting exactly 18 months to get pregnant again as we didn't want to stop BF'ing DS as much so early, but he hung on (even though he hasn't had milk in a while).

I just had my VBAC 2 days ago, it was amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->