TTC After D&C/D&E Buddies

peteradamelle - That's my take on it as well, though it's still sad knowing that it wasn't meant to be. It's sad, but a reassurance. And as m/c's go, it's not the worst kind in the world. I'm glad we see things the same way on that front.

I keep thinking of due dates, March was a perfect time for us, however... Who am I to say when we will be blessed with a child? LOL, I love to plan plan plan, but I guess this really shows, it's not up to me. The funny thing is our original plan wasn't to even start trying before September/October, so maybe this is what is meant to be...?

I'm a massive planner too! Can't stop planning. I had my first son in February 2010, and it was such a good time to have a baby. I wanted a 2 year gap, aimed for a March 2012 baby and got pregnant straight away. It was disappointing, but I'm hoping I will get pregnant very quickly again and then there will still be 2-2.5yr gap between my first and second. We'll see! We are lucky to have miscarried early and not have to deal with a bad situation later down the track. I was so scared to have an ERPC, but it was no big deal at all, I mean I don't want to have to go through this again, but if I do, I know it's not that bad having an ERPC. And it was the best decision I made, I found out I'd lost the baby on 17th August and had the ERPC the next day. I had closure. I had 10 days waiting between scans, and I knew it was going to be bad news on the 17th, I was fully prepared.

Well, at least you tried early than you had planned, so now you can try again in Sep/Oct. I couldn't try earlier than I did due to travel plans. We want a 3rd child at some point, and I have a feeling we will be planning a smaller gap between baby 2 and baby 3 after this experience! That way if I miscarry or it takes a while to pregnant, I won't stress out that there's going to be a big gap.

I'm not stressing now though, because if we conceive in September, I'll have a June baby and October will be a July baby. Which is fine with me! I just want to get pregnant so badly now!! Keep running into girls who have children my son's age and they are all pregnant with their 2nd. I am very happy for them, but keep thinking 'why haven't they had miscarriages, why me?'

Good luck everyone!!

I thought March was a perfect due date too :( I was due the 18th, so I thought it would have been fun to have a St. Patty's Day baby and my Grandfather's B-day was in March, so I could have hit that date (he passed away last year). It is sad to think about what could have been, but I know I can't change what happened. I think I am way too obsessed with TTC, I keep doing the math and figuring out if I ovulate here, then AF will show here, and if I get pg right away, then I will be due on this day. I definately need a life!

LOL, I need to stop obsessing too, but this board is a good outlet for all of our craziness ;-)

I was wanting the perfect 2.5 year age gap as well, and now it seems like it will be closer to 3 years... oh well.

June and July are both good months! If it's an August baby well then that's 4 birthday in August!!!!! Mama's, DD's, Grandma's and then the new LO's.

I waited too long for the perfect age gap, since DS is almost 8! I am just hoping to have another before he starts middle school! I had DS young (20) so I knew I would have a decent sized gap, but I never inteded for it to be this large. June or July would be OK due dates, but it will be extra hot for me to be pg in the summer (we live in southern Illinois and summers can be HOT!) IT would be more convinient for me to be pg in thee summer, because I already have summer maternity clothes (DS was born in September). We have a ton of September B-days in my family, DH, DS, my brother, and my BIL. I am hoping it doesn't take that long and we don't have to worry about another september baby!

Just got a call from the doctor's office, following up on how I feel after my procedure, nice of them to call. Still have my follow up appt next Tuesday.

Haha, oh well Twinkie, my DH is all for a bunch of August Bdays, so we'll see what happens.

Ugh, had to cancel my DD's appt today and being military and working with a military hospital they are saying they won't be able to reschedule until 28 SEPTEMBER!!! We are moving in a month so that's not going to work, this is ridiculous, but I can't drive right now! They are going to call me back within 3 days to accomodate us... hopefully. This is utterly ridiculous!

Did you tell them that you had surgery and can't drive? That sounds crazy!

Here is a quick update on my symptom checking... I know I already posted that I had sore BBs, but now I am having slight cramping in the left side of my lower abdomen. Hmmm- maybe ovulation returning? I sure hope so, I am so ready for AF (sounds crazy to wish for!) so I can start trying again! I am sure hoping that this is the case, but I am sure it is all in my head, but my temp was up today some too, but it has been up and down all week! So frustrating!

I lost my Basal Thermometer, so I haven't started temping yet, I'll send the hubs out to get one tonight and start temping tomorrow.

Fingers are crossed for you, maybe you are ovulating!!! Ever since my first pregnancy I can pinpoint ovulation because of the extreme pains... So I think I'll know when it happens. Maybe your body is ultra sensitive to it because of your m/c...?

I told the appointment line I hated to cancel on such short notice and the only reason was my recent surgery and I can't drive and my hubs is in a class that he can't get away from (test tomorrow, intense prep this afternoon). So we'll see...

Well I hope they are able to get your daughter in this week.

Yeah I don't think it is ovulation, as the afternoon has progressed it has turned into full blown cramps, not ovulation pains, and I started spotting again:growlmad: I feel like I am going backwards! Well hopefull the spotting is just temporary.

I don't use a Basal Thermometer, just a plain old digital one. Is there a benefit to buying an actual Basal Thermometer? My temp shifts are always huge (almost a full degree) so I don't really find I need a super sensitive thermometer to track my ovulation.

Well.. per babyhopes.com:

Basal Thermometer vs. Regular Thermometer

•A basal thermometer is different from a regular fever thermometer which measures temperatures in degrees. A basal thermometer measures temperatures by 10th’s of a degree whereas most fever thermometers measure in two-tenth degree increments.

•A basal thermometer is more reliable and accurate than a simple glass thermometer since glass thermometers are only accurate to .2 degrees Fahrenheit. You really need it to be accurate to .1 degrees Fahrenheit.

•Another advantage of the digital basal thermometer over a fever measuring body thermometer is speed. The basal body digital thermometer is more accurate than a fever based thermometer, and it only takes 30-60 seconds.In addition, a digital basal thermometer is harder to break and remembers the temperature for you if you don’t want to chart it immediately.

Here are some tips to help use your basal thermometer effectively for optimum accuracy:

1.Use your basal thermometer first thing in the morning before you get out of bed.

2.Try to take the temperature at as close to the same time each day as possible.

And they only cost about 10-15 bucks and depending on how long your TTC journey is... could be really worth the money

Thanks for the info. The thermometer I use measures to the tenth of a degree and is a quick read (I think it might be 30 seconds). If that is the only difference I will keep using the one I have (plus I don't want to change half way through a cycle). It seems to be working fine for me. If I need to replace the thermomter though, I will definately look into the basal themometer.

Bout to take a nap... sooo sleepy. I'll be back soon enough

I am with you gals. I lost our son at 16 w4d on June 4. I had a D&E following his delivery. I was also told to wait 2 cycles, mostly though because I almost bled to death, and had to heal my body first. We did not wait. We tried right away. We are on CD15 of our second cycle. We hope to be pregnant soon. Oh, I have had my 2 cycles now, so I am good to go.

Welcome jennijunni! Glad you 2 cycle wait is now over.. Now onto the wait to ovulate... and the 2 week wait... then we can rinse and repeat ;-) Or hopefully just find a bunch of BFPs in the coming months

hello ladies. first, i would just like to say that i am so sorry that we are all here. everyone has had a different experience with their loss, and will cope in different ways, and there's neither a right way or wrong way to get through this.

i had my d&c on aug 4th. i was 12w5d and had some light spotting while at work. a co-worker had suggested trying the doppler (i work at a hospital) to pick up the heartbeat...but we couldn't find it. i was sure that everything was fine since i had an u/s @ 8w6d w/ a strong heartbeat. the dr. had me come in the next day and u/s showed no hearbeat :cry: i was beyond heartbroken.

my follow up appt was today. not sure exactly how i feel now that it's over. i had an exam and he said everything should be fine now. after 2 m/cs in a row he said i was just "unlucky?" wtf? really? unlucky? anyway, good news is he said we could return to ttc my cycle returns. so i'll start clomid once again when af returns.

maybe i'll be more "lucky" next time?

(i should say that althought we've been "unlucky" twice in a row, i'm pretty lucky to have a wonderful, almost 4 yr old son. so even if we're never lucky enough to carry another baby, i hit the jackpot at least once :winkwink: )

Welcome nursekelly! Terrible choice of words by your doctor, unlucky, ugh... Sorry I don't like that choice of words at all!

But I agree, you are BLESSED to have your 4 year old and you will get your rainbow, just trust and believe, timing may not be on your terms, but it WILL be right, and it WILL be YOUR blessing.

Keep us updated on when you start clomid, good "luck"!

Nursekelly, i'm sorry to hear that you've had 2 MC in a row. That must be really hard, especially when you saw a strong heartbeat at 8wks, you just wouldn't expect anything to go wrong. I never saw a strong heartbeat, it was very slow (and embryo measured half the size it should have been), this was at 7wks, so when i went back at 8.5wks i was expecting bad news.

I did a digital clearblue ovulation test this morning and it was +ve. So I'll put that down to the hormones still being in my system. I had the D&C/ERPC 5 days ago. Surely I couldn't be ovulating yet?!

Welcome ladies! I am now 19 days post D&C and still waiting for ovulation (we are waiting one cycle though before we try again) :( My temps have been all over the place, all lower than my post O temps, but one day they will be higher the next lower. I feel like my body is trying to O, but my hormones are still messed up. I am hoping everything evens out soon, I hate the waiting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->