TTC After Depo Shot

I was TTC for 11months but I have now put it on hold for a bit longer. I am going on holiday on May so WTT until April/Mayi 2010. I had my last shot in June 2008 and my periods only returned 3 months ago although I have only this month recieved + on OPKs.

And now I am in two minds over wether to keep trying and move the holiday date or WTT

I hope that you get you BFP soon :D xxx

Ive noticed alot more cm than usual. Weird, maybe its our bodies adjusting. Im still getting lines on my opks but :bfn: so far. Im so confused....

Im thinking of going docs n getting some answers

Yea i was thinking of trying to go to the doctor and see if they can check my hormone levels but i dont know if they will seeing as how we technically have been "off" the shot for only a month now. My temps are really starting to even out now but they still aren't the greatest.

I was on the depo for 6months. It wore off in August 2009 and haven't been able to concieve since then. It's banned in some countries because of how much it can mess up your menstrual system...says a lot doesn't it? :(

Thank Wedino! How long did it take you to conceive after depo? and how long were you on it? lol sorry for the 20 questions....

Have you guys had any spotting after an orgasm? For like the past week and a half everytime I orgasm i get a little spotting, its not even enough to where i have to wear a liner... but i dont get it! I have tried to google it and the only things that i found were women on Depo who have like 3 day periods after orgasms or pregnant women who are spotting after orgasm... and im pretty positive im not PG i took a test on saturday(? i think) and it was a :BFN:

I was on it for almost 5 years, and I conceived about 8 months? after I came off it, but I wasnt actively trying so I don't remember exactly. I did have a m/c at 12 weeks :( but I did get pregnant again the following month. :hugs:

I actually had no problems with Depo at all. It was the only bc that doesn't mess me up.

Im getting madder and madder each day. Im still getting two lines on my opks and they get darker then fade...ive not had one where theres no lines at all or could class as positive.

I JUST WANT MY PERIOD

Hi ladies,

I'm new to this group. I'm glad I found it. Back in 06 I had my first Depo shot. I never went for my secound shot because i didn't like the side effects I had. Leg cramps, issues with my breat hurting. And also i never had a period for like 9 months after. And I started to have a period, the cycles were all over the place. So when I started to TTC about a year and a half..I had a hard time conciving. And i've read or known women who had that POCS or whatever it's called, were you have periods, but you don't ovulated on your own because of depo..Yes some women, don't have a problem getting pregnant. But i feel it did someting to me. So i'm going to get tested to see what's going on.

I swore I'll have a May baby..But AF came last night..

Im getting madder and madder each day. Im still getting two lines on my opks and they get darker then fade...ive not had one where theres no lines at all or could class as positive.

I JUST WANT MY PERIOD

Thats exactly whats happening to me. OMG i have so many pimples right now and i NEVER have pimples. My face looks like the fricking Milky way or something. And i look like im pregnant i swear i gained like 10 pounds just in my stomach!! But every single HPT ive taken is negative.

I emailed my cousin, she is a certified midwife and nurse practitioner so hopefully, she can help me out and maybe even prescribe me something to help jump start my periods.

I JUST WANT MY PERIOD BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oooooo any advice pass it my way...

Im still getting :bfn: and it upsets me into taking opks just to see the two lines how sad is that

Nice to see a newbie post, Hopefully if we spread enough :dust: around we'll get our much wanted :bfp:

So my cousin e-mailed me back and basically said that i should take one month of BCP and then that will bring back my period. She told me that Yasmin, Ortho Tri Cyclen and Desogen are her favorites because she gets the least amount of calls about adverse reactions to it. So I'm thinking of trying yasmin for a month because i have been on that one before and i know that i didnt get any side effects from it. It just sucks because i don't want to wait a month but if i just let things be it could be another 3-6 months before my period comes back... I dont know what to do.

She did also say that i could get prescribed Provera but i doubt that any doctor would prescribe me that seeing as I've only been "off" Depo for like a month.

Can you get Yasmin over the counter or do you have to have it prescribed?

I think you have to get it prescribed. But i have been doing some research and Ortho Tri Cyclen looks like a good one to help level out your periods because it has 3 different levels of hormones each week.

hey everyone
thought id share my story
i had two shots of the depo when i was on it i had my periods every 30 days and since coming off i still get them every 30 days i have been off depo for either 2/3 months now. this month i spotted a week befor af was due i think it could have been implantation bleeding iv also been sick at the smel of foods and had backache.af was due yesterday she didnt come and i had a bfn this morning so not sure if i am actually pregnant or the depo has something to do with it

Ive heard that when you come off depo you can get alot of pregnancy symptoms. Ive been spotting since coming off in August.

Lets hope yours is good news!!!!! Test in a few days :happydance:

i cam off in june and bled for a month stopped for three days and then came back on as thats when i would have been due on so i have come on every 30th day.Yeah when i first came off the depo i experienced preg symtoms but nothing like this tho and my periods were regular on depo and have been since coming off so hoping it hasnt really effected me to much.I will be testing again on thursday hopefully

Wow, you are LUCKY!!! I have been spotting off and on since August. My temps have been leveling out. I had the lowest temp drop yesterday that i have had since coming off Depo ( and i got drunk that night =P) so hopefully that is a good sign!! Welcome emz87 to our team!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->