TTC After Depo Shot

Hey, Didnt mean to ignore you just must have missed your post.

Unfortuently i have only been off Depo since August. Same as Jaxvipe. So i dont really have any advice. I havent had a period since coming off Depo and ive only had one shot. A few odd days of spotting and thats it. opks keep coming back almost positive but never the same or darker than the control line. So im not sure if im even ovulating.

Hope you find the answers your looking for. Wish i had more advice for you as i know it can be very frustrating

xxx

I have had some side effects from it like my face broke out SUPER bad and i hardly ever get pimples i might get one or two before AF is due but nothing like what i was experiencing. I have also had spotting off and on for a month, bad lower back pain, moodiness, depression, cramping, and the HORRID weight gain. I have read that it can take up to a year to get your periods back after depo. Although if you are having very heavy bleeding for long periods of time i would suggest going to like planned parenthood or something and they can either give you something to stop the bleeding or BCP to try and regulate your cycles. I have an appt with Planned parenthood on tuesday to discuss one month of birth control to help regulate my cycle.

Hopefully this helps you and SO SORRY we missed your questions a while back.

:dust: for you!

Recently my cycles are coming back together again..Back to the 28 day cycle. I'm at 1 dpo now. I ovulated(well i felt I did) I got those ov cramps people like to talk about tonight..But i'm still going to the Ob/Gyn to make sure. And i'm going to tell her everything. That's ok..I get that from bnb. Maybe because everybody replies at the same time it's hard to reply to everyone.

But thanks though :hugs:

I have had some side effects from it like my face broke out SUPER bad and i hardly ever get pimples i might get one or two before AF is due but nothing like what i was experiencing. I have also had spotting off and on for a month, bad lower back pain, moodiness, depression, cramping, and the HORRID weight gain. I have read that it can take up to a year to get your periods back after depo. Although if you are having very heavy bleeding for long periods of time i would suggest going to like planned parenthood or something and they can either give you something to stop the bleeding or BCP to try and regulate your cycles. I have an appt with Planned parenthood on tuesday to discuss one month of birth control to help regulate my cycle.

Hopefully this helps you and SO SORRY we missed your questions a while back.

:dust: for you!

Recently my cycles are coming back together again..Back to the 28 day cycle. I'm at 1 dpo now. I ovulated(well i felt I did) I got those ov cramps people like to talk about tonight..But i'm still going to the Ob/Gyn to make sure. And i'm going to tell her everything. That's ok..I get that from bnb. Maybe because everybody replies at the same time it's hard to reply to everyone.

But thanks though :hugs: :flower:

Hey, Didnt mean to ignore you just must have missed your post.

Unfortuently i have only been off Depo since August. Same as Jaxvipe. So i dont really have any advice. I havent had a period since coming off Depo and ive only had one shot. A few odd days of spotting and thats it. opks keep coming back almost positive but never the same or darker than the control line. So im not sure if im even ovulating.

Hope you find the answers your looking for. Wish i had more advice for you as i know it can be very frustrating

xxx

Like I told Jaxvipe..Maybe since people come on bnb it's hard to find the people who reply to you..So no problem :hugs: I'm going to see my Ob and see what she said..And bnb was messing up that is why my reply came 2 times on this forum..So sorry..Thanks :flower:

Im too scared to ask my docs anything, theyre so crap and they suggested i go on depo in the first place. It does get a lil confusing to keep up on here. So much goes on.

Hope you find your stay with us a short one and keeping our fingers crossed for that :BFP:

Hello,
I asked a question on this blog last time, but I’m guessing nobody didn’t have the interest to answer my or just didn’t see it. I wanted to know something. Did anybody in here had a bad experience with Depo-shot? I had my first and I should say my last shot back in 2006 I haven’t had one since. When I had the shot...I didn’t like the effect from it...The joint pain and also I haven’t had a period for all most 10 or 11 months after the first shot...And I was told after you get off. Your body goes back to its self again and you get your periods...Not for me...it wasn’t until a whole year and a half later I started to have my periods. I do not have the money for a RE to give me any meds for to bring on my periods...And when they finally came. My cycles been bad...I’ve had periods that were a to long...
Couple of months I had periods where I went for the half of the month bleeding...Then it went to having 2 periods in a month...

hi hun sorry if your post was missed...i limit myself to how much i come on here as i tend to get obsessed and am on here all day!!

i was on depo for 7 years i used to have awful perods so went on depo didnt have a period for 7 years but had the biggest weight gain ever 3 stones and couldnt shift it despite good diet and excercise!! my moods were awful really snappy and really depressed also very sensitive and took everything to heart and thought the world was against me, loss of labido was a major point also...it wasnt until i came off it till i realised how bad it made me

since coming off it have i didnt see a period for another 11 months have been ttc for 17 months with no joy, back to having really bad periods managed to loose 2 stone another 1 to go!! having 22-25 day cycles now but they have been known to be all over the place and only just stopping with the constant pregnancy symptoms that ive had since stopping the depo

big hugs hope you get your bfp soon xx

Sooooooo... i have my dr's appt today in about 2 hours to talk about the options i have. Wish me luck girls!

hi...I've read your posts and I can empathize with you all. I got a depo shot last september (2008). I got a period in December 08...two actually...then in JAnuary 09 my cycles went hay wire...I would spot heavy every 9 to 14 days. So I was constantly bleeding. I would visit the Dr. and they would tell me there was nothing they could do for me until I had been off it for a year...I could try BCP but I have serious side effects with them, so they weren't an option for me..

I had periods/heavy spotting every 9-14 days for the months of Jan, Feb, March, April, May...and then in June 09 I began bleeding heavier...and flowed for 22 days straight...stopped for 5 days and flowed again for a week. Then my cycles became about 19- 20 days long...still not long enough for implantation to happen...I had one BFP but it soon turned into a chemical or very early m/c...So the last week in August 2009 my gynocologist perscribed me Provera to try to regulate and even my cycles out.

But I would spot every single time I had an orgasm...it was only when I would orgasm.
I'm hoping now after being off Depo for a year, and having Provera to assist my cycles along...I pray to get my BFP soon. Lots of :babydust: to you all. I hope your journey is shorter and less hectic than mine has been.

OMG! You spot after an orgasm too?? for like the past month everytime i orgasm i have just a little tiny bit of spotting and its really making me mad! i dont get it... Im glad that i am not alone tho.

I had talked to my cousin about it and i know they wont prescribe me provera because i have not been off the shot that long. So i think i am going to try the one month of BCP's just to see if that helps. Did the provera work for you lovin?

OMG! You spot after an orgasm too?? for like the past month everytime i orgasm i have just a little tiny bit of spotting and its really making me mad! i dont get it... Im glad that i am not alone tho.

I had talked to my cousin about it and i know they wont prescribe me provera because i have not been off the shot that long. So i think i am going to try the one month of BCP's just to see if that helps. Did the provera work for you lovin?

I did spot during orgasm....I went to my regular general pract. doctor, and he told me it was an irratated cervix that would bleed during any sexual contact...but that didn't seem right to me, because I could have intercourse without spotting and then I clued in it was the orgasm doing it. I went to a gynocologist and told him about it, and he told me it was due to the contractions that happen to my uterus during orgasm. I had a very low progesterone level because of the depo provera...my progesterone never went back to normal...and he said because my body was producing estrogen and not the progesterone....my lining wasn't sheding normal...It would shed some here and some later...but never fully. I didn't have the natural progesterone to complete my cycle. The provera is working miracles for me so far. I am on calander day 27 now...before I'd only make it to day 19 or 20...its added a whole week to my cycle. But they refused to perscribe it to me until a year had passed...waiting to see if my body would fix itself....best of luck, I hope things work out for you.

So, i went to the Dr today. And excuse my language but she was a bitch. She was very condescending and didn't understand why I wanted to get pg. She didn't answer any of my questions. Soooooo, i am taking my cousins advice and doing one month of Ortho Tri Cyclen to see if that can help regulate my cycles. =( So, now i am out for a month. :cry:

But, im keeping my fingers crossed that this will put me on the right track.

:dust: :dust: :dust:

i was on the depo injection from aged 16-24, it really messed up my cycle i had no periods wotsoever, came off them in december 2008 and then feb 2009 have a maavie bleed which lasted weeks, then nothing- i went to every doctor for advice and noone helped me at al, i had to work it out and decided to take agnus castus, within 3 weeks of takin that i was back on track my periods was as normal as they was b4, the doctors told me my "bits" had basically stopped working and that i had to wait like a year before they would help me- i think peronsally that depo should be banned- but i was on it from an early age

Listening to your story Jaxvipe about the doctors makes me not want to book mine. My doctors are awful, prob put me on depo knowing i wouldnt have kids after so it was doing them a favour. Atleast hopefully with your cousins advice you can get your cycles sorted.

Depo should be banned. I cant believe there are not more warnings about it. My doctors told me it was them best form of contraception. DAMN RIGHT it is coz im stuggling to conceive even after ive stopped taking it.

Yea, i wish that Depo never existed! Then my life would be way less stressful right now! I felt so bad the other night because OH was sitting on the floor and i was laying on the couch and he just had his head on my belly was rubbing it saying "i wish there was a little one in there" and it broke my heart because i can't give that to him right now :cry:

I just hope this month goes by fast!!

:dust: to us!

Hubby keeps rubbing mine and it makes me feel really rotten... keeping spirits up for you xxxx

i feel so sorry for you both, i have been there and know how it feels, i researched for hours trying to find answers and the most helpful person i had give me advice was a chinese healer- she was sooo good- explained everything to me and advised me how to help myself i also read a book called polycystic ovaries syndrome by christine cgraggs-hinton i know the title of the book is TOTALLY irrelevant, but she has a MASSIVE section in the book about how to deal with irreg periods, non periods etc, i followed her advice and it helped so much. the book i white and pink, and i would truley reccomend it. i hope this helps girls xx

Thanx thats really helpful. I know a chinese herbalist in my area so i may take time out and talk to them.

Thanx thats really helpful. I know a chinese herbalist in my area so i may take time out and talk to them.

i would, it doesn't cost anything for them to explain anything to you, mine was very good and drew me diagrams and everything- the only thing is she offered me acupuncture for like £30 a session and said i would need at least 6-8 sessions so i turned that down, but she gave me advice on herbal things that would help like agnus castus etc and explained how they help

Hiya.

I was on depo for 10 years!! I had my last shot april 2008 so wore off in July 2008 and af came in November 2008. It'a a nightmare. I have heard on another thread that raspberry leaf tea or evening primrose is helpful in regulating cycles again. Best of luck to you all

Lolly x

Kayleigh! I saw your post in the Pregnancy test section... HAVE U TESTED AGAIN?!!?!?!?! Good luck sweety! I hope its a BFP for u

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->