TTC After Depo Shot

Hi Everyone :flower:

Wow - look what happens when I'm away from my computer for a week...

I have tried to catch up quickly, but if I miss anyone out I apologise,

Welcome to all the new ladies, JustJack, EmmysMommy, fluffosaur I hope your stay is short and sweet.

Hi again Jax, Amy and Kayleigh - what is happening with you guys?

I can't remember who asked, but I tried bcp's for a couple of months - I don't know if they did anything, I also did a month of liver detox (milk thistle) and have taken AC for a couple of months. AF finally appears to be becoming regular (30 day cycles) but still having bleeding for a week leading up to AF each month and don't think I am Ovulating.
I had a bit of a setback recently - abnormal smear meant I needed a colposcopy and biopsy - it has all just come back clear though so back ttc now and because I got a referral to a gyno for the treatment he is now my FS - I had day 3 blood tests, will have a scan at day 11 (next Thursday) and then day 21 blood tests to find out for sure if I am Ov'ing. If not - next cycle will be on clomid. End of May will be one year since depo was supposed to wear off - can't believe it has taken this long :growlmad: but hoping that having a FS means something will be happening soon. Hoping like mad it happens before having to go on clomid - would be a fantastic anniversary present!

BTW When I first stopped depo last year, the Australian Family planning web site said it takes "up to twelve months" for fertility to return to normal after depo - now it says "average of 18 months" Aaaarghhh!!!!!!!!!

Anyway ladies, wishing you all lots of baby dust and a hail of :bfp::bfp::bfp:'s.

bye for now

Hey Unic21 :flower:

I am CD43 and so upset. My cycles where evening out perfectly from CD35-38 and now THIS!!!!!!! :growlmad:

Im in for my Colposcopy and biopsy tomorrow morning and am not happy about this either. Mine came back with CIN3 changes so i know the biospy news isnt going to be good.

Im worried that :witch: is so late and im going to get her just b4 my hospital appointment. I dont want to have to reschedule :dohh:

Im glad its looking like cycles are evening out for you and that your biopsy was clear. :hugs:

:happydance::happydance:And a big yay for Clomid :happydance::happydance:

Hi Ladies,

I'm in the same situation as all of your here but i have only just come off depo, Last shot was due 22nd March which i didn't have. I've had nothing yet, no period, no spotting, no bleed what so ever. Just sore breasts, bloatedness for weeks now. My breats are actually starting to annoy me, feel so swollen and there not actually the smallest pair i have to admit. I'm so glad i can share my views with ladies in the same boat and so so angry they let me continue with this shot for yrs. I was on it for about 3yrs then i tried the implant last march which i just bleed and bleed so they tried the pill on top which did stop the bleed but then soon as stopped taking pill, the bleed came back again so asked for it to be taken out. That was august 2009 and had a depo shot same day. I really want to concieve this year, so despressed and now my best friend has beaten me to it and i'm so sad. I'm 25 soon and my partners 32 in sept so really want to move things along. Is there any tips anyone could advise?? I'm currently trying to detox, drinking green tea and may even my acupuntue shortly as this is have heard works well to kick start you cycles and make more regular. I'm really worried as i haven't seen a sign of anything bleed coming at all. Wishing good luck to everyone out there trying xx:flower:

Welcome Nattaz,
I haven't tried acupuncture - but I think I have tried pretty much everything else... I'm not sure if any of it works but I think it is all worth trying to get to that BFP as soon as possible.

Good luck and let us know how the acupuncture goes

Hello Kayleigh,
Just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you :flower: and sending "all clear" vibes for your biopsy fx'd you'll be back ttc asap :hugs:

Well my appointment lasted 30mins and they did the treatment there and then. It wasnt as bad as i expected. Just didnt like the injection into my cervix. Once the anaesthetic worn in they started to 'burn' off the abnormal cells. Stemmed the bleeding then let me go on my way. Watched the process on you tube as i didnt want to watch my own and im horrified at how they do it. No wonder i was in pain!!!!!

Hopefully at my next smear it would have all gone otherwise itll be a cone biopsy next and i DO NOT want that. So keeping positives vibes running through me at the mo.

Pain was awful and i have woken up this morning feeling abit sick. Hopefully itl pass by tomorrow. But i havent had any bleeding yet. SO i guess thats good news. Also still no period!!

No for six weeks though The six weeks ends smack bang on my wedding anniversary lol. So that should be nice

But atleast its done and over with.

Hello =)

I was just wondering if anyone was in the same boat as me. I had the Depo shot in May so it wore off Early August. Still nothing.... Just wondering if there are any other ladies TTC after Depo that could share some of their experiences when coming off Depo and starting to TTC. :thumbup:

Hiya I am currently TTC I came off the Depo Injection over a year ago and I only started to bleed again 3 months ago!! My periods are lasting forever and varying from really light to really heavy.....
I went to the docs today and I have a thing called "espesy" which can be caused by long term use of the depo injection I wish I had been advised bout all this before I got the injection!!
xx

Hi and welcome Melody, I don't know what an espesy is but I hope it's not too much of a set back for ttc :hugs:

Kayleigh - sorry you have to wait six weeks but hopefully the treatment will have sorted out your bleeding issues and you'll be able to celebrate with an anniversary caused BFP!!

AFM - well I'm trying to not get too excited but gyno today said it looks like I'm about to Ov for the first time since stopping depo (last injection should have worn off a year ago next Tuesday). Have told hubby he will be having a busy weekend (he practically danced through the kitchen :winkwink:) and I will have bloods taken next Saturday CD21 (the day before our wedding anniversary) to find out if I did in fact Ov. Excited and nervous about my first official tww.

:dust::dust::dust::dust:
to everyonexx

Hi Ladies, Well a lovely week away has made me feel alot more relaxed and now not worrie so much, gonna to let nature take it's course. I was wondering though how soon did any of you start bleeding, spotting rather you last injection?? I'm looking to have a consultantion with acupunture therypist shortly so no update on that yet xx :thumbup:

Hi Ladies, Well a lovely week away has made me feel alot more relaxed and now not worring so much, going to let nature take it's course and hope for the best.

I was wondering though how soon did any of you start bleeding, spotting after you last shot?? I'm looking to have a consultation with acupunture clinic next few weeks so no update on that yet xx :thumbup:

Hi Ladies, Well a lovely week away has made me feel alot more relaxed and now not worring so much, going to let nature take it's course and hope for the best.

I was wondering though how soon did any of you start bleeding, spotting after you last shot?? I'm looking to have a consultation with acupunture clinic next few weeks so no update on that yet xx :thumbup:

Well i know for me personally it took about 4 months before AF returned and i was lucky in that she returned with normal cycles! :) Unfortunately, We have been trying since then, this will be our 14th cycle and nothing yet! The doctors told us it could another 6 months- a year :(

Good Luck! I hope you start seeing something soon!!! :thumbup:

Hi Nattaz, my shots were supposed to have worn off this time last year (27 May '09) my first spotting was 8 January this year, I didn't have an actual 'period' until March and this is my first month (hopefully) ovulating. So it's been a year for a proper cycle.

Hi Ladies,
I can't believe it! One year and one week after my depo was supposed to wear off I got my:bfp: this week :happydance:.
I'm so happy and excited, it has been a long wait butI wanted to let all the depo girls know that it is possible!!!

I'll be lurking to find out how you are all doing... Especially for you Kayleigh - wishing you a fantastic anniversary!!

Congratulations on your :bfp: ! Gives us all hope :):) thank you for that :)

Hi Ladies,
I can't believe it! One year and one week after my depo was supposed to wear off I got my:bfp: this week :happydance:.
I'm so happy and excited, it has been a long wait butI wanted to let all the depo girls know that it is possible!!!

I'll be lurking to find out how you are all doing... Especially for you Kayleigh - wishing you a fantastic anniversary!!

Congratulations!! :flower:

Hi Ladies,

I am GOBSMACKED. Im SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy for you hunny!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup::happydance:

Finally the depo girls getting a shot!!! And not the bad shot either!!!

Healthy and Happy Nine months xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

:wacko::winkwink::baby::hugs::flower::thumbup::haha::happydance::kiss::cloud9::dust::crib::blue::pink::cake::hi::dance::awww::rofl::hug::yipee::friends::headspin::smug::hugs2::icecream::juggle::fool::ninja::tease::wohoo::loopy::bunny::rain:

hi ladies :flower:
Im still lurking in here.
Huge congrats unic, thats fantastic news :happydance:it gives us all hope.
my depo ran out exactly a year ago but af got me last week and i know i havent ov yet.
:hug: to all of you xx

Hiya Girls - hope i can join your forum! I am 31, was on the depo for 4 years and came off it 2 and a half years ago. Still not really regular but better than i was and seem to get really heavy/long periods and clots as well (sorry if that is TMI)

Been to Dr's, all tests ok just a case of waiting i guess. This is my first "official" month TTC although for the last 3 months we weren't too careful!! Using the CBFM as well!!

Hope you are all well and for those in England looking forward to what is supposed to be a glorious weekend!!

-x-x-x-

:wave:

Welcome shorty :flower:
Well im not sure what is going on with my body :shrug: on CD14 i had a bit of spotting then me and DH :sex: and then more spotting. CD15 pain in my left side (ov pain?) then today CD16 iv got period cramps (no spotting yet, that will probably start later):wacko:
Im scared to go to the docs cos she said i will need a coloscopy to rule out problems with my cervix even though i had a normal smear last month.

Have any of you ladies had similar probs or is it just me?
Its been nearly a year since the depo wore off
sorry for the long whiney post xx

Hi all - just wanted to let you know that based on scans and blood tests, dr has told me that the chances of this being a viable pregnancy are minimal (I think he has said that to make me feel better instead of saying none!) anyway I am now just waiting to miscarry.

Feel terrible and so sad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->