TTC After Depo stories...any luck..advice?

reese89

Reaction score
Hello ladies. Im new to this site and wasn't for sure where to post at. I've been reading all these stories about women ttc after depo and its horrible. First off let me say im 24 years old. I am.a mother of 2 already. I consider myself.to be in.decent shape although high blood pressure runs in.my family and i was targeted. Otherwise im 5'1 and weigh 142. I had my first and only shot in july of 13 and i was to return in Oct and never did. Ill be off of depo for 3 whole months as of jan 14th 2014. I have been taking prenatal vitamins everyday. I even went amd bought raspberry tea. I drank it one time and it didnt agree with me :). I have been having cramps like my cycle wants to come but there is nothing. Im not on any bc nor do i want to be. I feel whatever happens will. I just dont understand why my.cycle is taking forever to start. My friends that have been on.it before says it only took them.3 weeks after stopping to get a cycle and they are heavier than me. Is there any ladies that have had any success on becoming pregnant? Is there something i should be doing differently or taking? Any advice is greatly appreciated. I also have sex every other day if not twice a day. I have read that you can ovulate without having a cycle. I dont know how true that is also. Thanks again.

Three months is not long at all hun, they say the average for a period to return is 6-18 months, I got mine 9 months after my shot and it's now been 14 months since my shot and I'm still not pregnant.

Everyone reacts differently to it, there's some people who conceive without even getting their periods back! I know the waiting and having now idea what's going on with your body is stressful but just give it some time, I would only suggest you take pre conception vitamins and let your body naturally get back to its ways.

Sorry no success story yet but just wanted to share my experience so far x

Babyjan- thanks for replying. Its very nerve wrecking that its taking so long. When.i jabe gotten this in the past bout 4 years ago they came right back especially after one cycle pf pills. i jhave two friends.who.are much bigger than me they took one shot amd boom.cycle.was.back.after last.month. they.say oys stored in.fat and that i don't have much of so whats the problem. I also noticed that the longer ur on it the longer ot takes to come back. As i said i.consider . myself mostly healthy i take a pnv everyday. I can feel oit coming but.nothing. i start work soon amd id hate for it to come.then. lol also i have a lot on my mind.but ok when a person is on depo doesnt it.thin ur lining os this y a ccycle would take lng to come back also becuz it has to build itself up which is y we cramp? Also its crazy how when a person.gets depo and they are bleeding one shot of that will stop uoir bleeding however ot takes months tocome back ugh. Sorry im rambling.im just annoyed. Never again. So doesanyone know how long side effects last. My breasts feel like.bricks in themorning. Im.tired of frequent urinating and eating and being.sick this sucks.

hi I was on depo for 7 months so that was 2 shots worth, and that was after switching to depo after coming off cerezette due to it making me bleed for weeks at a time. I knew it would take a while after depo for anything to happen but I never went back in the March for the next shot, first period august, didn't get another till December then February then didn't get another, with me not being regular I did test a few times to get BFN so I just stopped testing and resigned myself to the fact it was going to take longer, then after going to hospital for something unrelated it turned out I was 8 weeks pregnant with out now little boy. So all in all it took us a year after coming off depo to conceive. I have just been and got the pill of the doctor as I didn't want anything permanent but me and OH have now decided to NTNP for our next one, I am quite glad he has agreed as I had a touch of endometritis after our sons birth and even though it was treated I still worry it will have had some affect on my fertility even of this does sound totally irrational.

Best of luck

Congratulations missnurse, lovely to read a success story x

Hi! No success story here yet. I am right there with you though. I was due my last shot on the 12th of November and all I've had is spotting :cry: I'm hoping it isn't going to take too long :nope:
The spotting is driving me crazy! I've been taking ovulation tests but all negative so I'm kinda giving up on them.
I'm hoping we don't have to long to wait I just wish I never had the shot:dohh: I only had one!!

(OH says he's going to keep sending his little men in to kock at the door until eggy comes out to play!) :haha:

Ahaha punk_mum, you never know! There's actually one lady on here who's last depo shot was 2 months after mine, she didn't even get a period and is now pregnant!

x

You know some sites I read say it doesn't make a difference if you've had one shot or been on depo for several years, I just don't get that :(

Missnurse- congrat!! :) i know it can happen but when. Thats what is irritating us all. So u had a cycle 5 months later? That is good. Least it wasnt a whole year! @ Punk_mum at least ur having some spotting im.getting nada. I just had a really sharp pain shoot down my right pelvic region tho eek! Good luck to u. Me and my spouse is pretty much doing what ur husband said :) @ babyjan really there is a lady on here that is expecting after depo without having a cycle?? Wow...did she have any symptoms,,etc? Thanks ladies.

It's so frustrating isn't it?! I'm sorry we're all in the same position.:growlmad:
How long were you ladies on depo?
I also read that it doesn't matter whether you had one shot or 100 shots. Which doesn't seem to make sense to me, but hey ho.

I would like to lose 10 pounds so I'm trying to see the silver lining that I at least have the time to do it! :thumbup:

We should try to keep this thread going as it's nice to have fellow bump chasers in the depo trenches! :haha:

Punk_mum...very frustrating. Ive only had one shot july of 13 and i was due to go back in Oct same year and didn't go back. Although i spotted for 3 whole weeks after injection and the beginning ofAugust i was completely done. I just know of ppl getting one injection then afterwards is having a cycle. I honestly figured the bigger a person wasthe longer itd take for it to leave their system. All i can do is b patient :/

I agree punk_mum, I was just gonna say lets get this thread going as most depo threads just seem to disappear or go really quite.

I only had one shot in November 2012, no spotting at all and I think after the three months it made me feel pregnant which is apparently the side affects of coming off it, that's about it I don't remember much problems, they do say if you plan to try for baby you should come off the shot a year in advance.

I honestly didn't think it would take long but at the same time when I got the shot my son was 10 months, it was my first ever birth control and didn't want another baby as I was stressed at the time. Once I got home and told OH and we read online about all the horror stories I just regretted it and OH was so upset as he was/still is adamant on another baby.

I've now learnt a lesson and probably won't go back on birth control again lol

Reese - yes there is, she actually responded on a thread I made a while back on depo saying she also didn't get a period after depo and then after a while she announced she was pregnant, so it can happen :)

I agree punk_mum, I was just gonna say lets get this thread going as most depo threads just seem to disappear or go really quite.

I only had one shot in November 2012, no spotting at all and I think after the three months it made me feel pregnant which is apparently the side affects of coming off it, that's about it I don't remember much problems, they do say if you plan to try for baby you should come off the shot a year in advance.

I honestly didn't think it would take long but at the same time when I got the shot my son was 10 months, it was my first ever birth control and didn't want another baby as I was stressed at the time. Once I got home and told OH and we read online about all the horror stories I just regretted it and OH was so upset as he was/still is adamant on another baby.

I've now learnt a lesson and probably won't go back on birth control again lol

Reese - yes there is, she actually responded on a thread I made a while back on depo saying she also didn't get a period after depo and then after a while she announced she was pregnant, so it can happen :)

After this I'm never going on birth control again! How are you ladies today? I've been doing DIY, keeping busy!
I've started Agnus Castus today, I'm hoping it will help me get a proper period. Tired of spotting...
I've also started vitamin supplements. Getting ready!

Hey punk_mum im jus dandy today im having some right side pain. I agree with u. NEVER AGAIN LOL. Good luck on ur pills i hope they help u out. Keep us updated.

Im with you ladies!

Had 2 depo shots in 2012, and my last ever shot 'ran out' July of 2012.
Myself and my OH were TTC from July 2012 until October 2013, with no luck. :coffee:

We stopped for a short period of time, and are now back on the road.
:happydance:

My periods returned after 3 months of my depo 'running out' and they have been regular-ish for only around 6 months. :dohh:

I wish all of you all the luck in the world and a lot of babydust your way!!!
:dust:

Hopefully we all see a gorgeous BFP soon enough!!
xxx

Im with you ladies!

Had 2 depo shots in 2012, and my last ever shot 'ran out' July of 2012.
Myself and my OH were TTC from July 2012 until October 2013, with no luck. :coffee:

We stopped for a short period of time, and are now back on the road.
:happydance:

My periods returned after 3 months of my depo 'running out' and they have been regular-ish for only around 6 months. :dohh:

I wish all of you all the luck in the world and a lot of babydust your way!!!
:dust:

Hopefully we all see a gorgeous BFP soon enough!!
xxx

Hi taylorttc!
Welcome aboard the depo train, destination bfp! :haha:
Well, day three of agnus castus, my spotting finally stopped! Haven't seen any spotting for two days! Hoping this means I will get back to normal soon!
How is everyone? It's pouring rain here today. Not much fun. Hope everyone else is doing well!:thumbup:

I'm so delighted to have an active and current Depo thread! I was on Depo for 1.5 years, got my last shot August 2012 (so it technically ran out in Nov. 12) I finally got my cycle back May 2013 6 months later! I concur with the previous posts, getting off of Depo was the devil. I suffered several months of pregnancy like symptoms, but they're gone now. This month I started testing OPK and got a positive, so I think things are getting back on track. No BFP success, but a little light at the end tunnel that AF will return and your bodies can hopefully get closer back to normal.

I'm happy to help or chat for anyone that needs it.

Hey ladies! I hope you all don't mind if I join this thread... Its nice to hear from people who are in the same situation as me! I was a long time depo user (7 years) and loved it while I was on it, never had any spotting or worried about anything! My DH and I were married last year in October after being together for 8 years and so I got my last shot in January 2013 after we decided we were ready to try. So my shot ran out April of 2013 and the roller coaster began. Much like all of you I could have sworn I was pregnant with all the symptoms of nausea, sore boobs, back aches, everything except actually being pregnant! I had cramps pretty much every month and nothing ever came. At the beginning of January I finally had some spotting... very light and for about a week. My hopeful thinking thought it was implantation bleeding but after a negative test I resorted to just being happy that something was happening after months and months of nothing. Got some bleeding again today so I have a feeling Im in for some more bumps in my roller coaster of searching for a BFP! Glad to see this active board and that I'm not the only one who is dealing with the aftermath of depo.

Hi ladies!
Well, I got excited because I got a near positive opk this morning with smu, then tried an hour later and it was completely negative! My pee was pretty concentrated the first time and super diluted the 2nd, ah well. Never mind!
I quit taking my agnus castus as it wreaked havoc with my tummy. :-(
I'm thinking about adopting a new cat though! :) I love my furry friends, even my oh is very hairy, haha!
Well enough of my random babble! Hope you're all well! X

Hi ladies!
Well, I got excited because I got a near positive opk this morning with smu, then tried an hour later and it was completely negative! My pee was pretty concentrated the first time and super diluted the 2nd, ah well. Never mind!
I quit taking my agnus castus as it wreaked havoc with my tummy. :-(
I'm thinking about adopting a new cat though! :) I love my furry friends, even my oh is very hairy, haha!
Well enough of my random babble! Hope you're all well! X

Hey Punk_Mum... I haven't gotten a positive on an OPK kit either. I know they suggest not drinking any liquid 2 hours before the test so maybe you will have a positive tomorrow morning! I was thinking about ordering some agnus castus but now im pretty worried, dont need a stomach ache to go along with all the other random symptoms I'm still having. A new cat sounds like a good distraction... I've been trying to convince DH to let me get a puppy but I don't quite have him on board (YET)! Well baby dust to all of you! Hope you have a good day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->