TTC After Loss 2011 BFP!!!

Hope you little one not shy and got its legs crossed like my one did lol.

Thank you once again. Pip, that was a lovely incredibly helpful post. I am going to try taking your advice. I can't necessarily stop the bad worrying thoughts from popping into my head but I can tell them to go away and replace them with hopeful thoughts. I can choose to talk to Jazzle and bond with him (I think I'll just say him for ease of reference. I can change that if my gut feeling changes or I find out otherwise). I've already started talking to him, even though I know he's only the size of a poppy seed. :)

Pip, of course I'd be delighted to update the ladies on Tuesday. I will be waiting on the edge of my seat for your news! :happydance:

As for me today, I'm at a friends place way out in the Kent countryside with very little mobile reception. I am just trying to catch up on here while everyone has a lie-in. I'm trying to enjoy the fresh air and peaceful surroundings. It's good for the soul. I hope the rest of you ladies have a lovely day. :hugs:

:hugs: AMU.

The worrying never stops does it? Today we had nookie for the first time in ages and then afterwards all the guilt of what if?!!! Eating reheated bolognaise - what if? Two cups of decaff coffee - what if? Then, when they are born, it's new worries and then when they get to teenage years it's a whole new set centring around sex, alcohol and drugs!!!

I hope you all have a good day. I'm going to have a bacon buttie and do some mOre washing. Then out for a walk for a couple of hours followed by a traditional Sunday lunch in a pub somewhere. This afternoon will be spent with paperwork and ironing!

Pip x

Talking of nookie Pip - should i avoid until 12 weeks because i am a miscarriage risk??
And what prenatal vitamins/minerals do you recommend? I am on folic acid anyway.

Can't wait for news of your scan either, i love seeing peoples scans :)

Dee ive still not dtd :dohh: first 12wks i wouldnt dare do it and now im not in the mood for it :haha:

Hah. Re: DtD we've not done it since ovulation but I fully intend to as soon as the opportunity presents itself and I'm not too tired or too turned off by OH's scent/breath (I get bad preggo nose and exhaustion from the very beginning :dohh:). I've never heard any medical advice to say that DtD can cause any problems. The only time I've heard of restrictions being put in place is when there is active bleeding or other identified medical concerns. I would say, unless otherwise advised by a doctor or midwife that :sex: is not only safe but healthy because of all the happy hormones it produces. You've got to decide for yourself how you feel about it though. If you're like me, you "want" to do it but get put off due to tiredness or discomforts caused by pregnancy. My OH is getting a bit impatient but he's open to DIY if I'm not feeling 100%. :haha:

I agree Muddled that it is natural but surely an orgasm is gonna cause uterine movement and i dont wanna dislodge the beanie :/ especially as it is still around the time that would of been my AF? And if you read stuff it says its fine unless you have 'history of miscarriage' which i guess i do? - i am just soooooooooo scared to even breath LOL

Dee-my dh and are are not dtd till after 12 weeks.. I already told him.. lol.. I dont want to end up irritating my cervix and causing spotting.. thats all im worried about.. I know it wont cause a mc.. but i dont want to see any sort of blood if i dont have to.. :)

:wave: hello ladies, have you missed me? lol.

Well I had a fab weekend away, didn't see much of DH because he was working and could only come in the evenings, which means I didn't get any :sex: sigh. Got lots of EWCM so I'll be jumping him later :thumbup:

I have no voice :haha: sent DH out to get some ice cream because my throat is red raw :( - all worth it though. My mum and step dad enjoyed themselves too. Mum's going in for a hysterectomy tomorrow so it was her last weekend away - glad she enjoyed it.

Nothing really to report, plenty of washing to catch up on and the weather has been gorgeous all weekend. Bet it rains now though lol.

Dee - DH and I had lots of :sex: when I was pregnant with Laura, it increases blood flow to your lady parts don't forget ;)

AMU :hugs: hope you feeling better today honey. I imagine it isi scary being newly preggo and I'll feel the same WHEN I catch x

Emz :hugs: hope you feel better too sweetie, any news on early scans for you?

Pip, 9babies, babysimpson, Suze, sam, joey, Logan :wave:

Hi ladies, re :sex: I'm no expert but for me I don't think I did in the first tri because (a) I couldn't bear the smell of my OH for weeks; (b) the thought of getting jiggy when I was feeling so nauseous made me think I would vomit on him; (c) I was so fatigued it took enough out of me just to get showered and dressed never mind nookie; (d) I was so constipated I had/have piles that the last thing I wanted to display were a set of grapes; and finally (e) even if none of the above applied at the back of my mind I was scared of bleeding.

I think that it is very rare that, for medical reasons, you should avoid :sex: during early pregnancy and you would have been told by your midwife/obgyn if that was the case. That said, many women who are PAL avoid :sex: for fear of triggering another miscarriage. The health professionals tend to go along with that because, as we all know, when we lose a baby we start to look at what we did to make it happen ergo if you don't have :sex: then :sex: can't cause a miscarriage.

You have to do what you are most comfortable with and your partner should understand and support you in that. There are other ways to be intimate together, and there's nothing wrong with some solo action pregnant or not.

My cervix gets easily irritated and I know that there's a good chance I'll ooze yucky stuff or even bleed after :sex:. I know that if I'd had that discharge in the first tri I would have sent myself mad with worry so it just wasn't worth it.

Now I'm almost 20w I felt brave enough to try (I think we've had nookie 3 times since my :bfp:). OH is completely understanding and to be honest our problem is more what's the best position given my big belly rather than should we be doing this. That said I did detect a little more apprehension from the OH today and I found his references to baby before, during and after, a little offputting!

As to orgasm disturbing bean's attachment to the uterus, I've not read up a lot on that. If I were to rationalise it I would say that lots of people continue to have nookie throughout pregnancy without causing a loss. Either none of them are climaxing or baby is bedded in so tight that it can't be disturbed. We can't spend 9 months wrapped in cotton wool.

I'm going to have a dig about and see what's out there re guidance. Go with what feels right for you. There's no point have nookie if you're so stressed about hurting the baby is there? Find another way to keep your intimate connection with your OH.

Big hugs.

Pip x

Dee

Re vitamins I was taking folic acid for about 18 months before conceiving this one. I stopped it at 12 weeks. After my swine flu I started taking Vitamin C with Zinc and again I stopped that at 12 weeks.

I didn't bother with prenatal vitamins as these concern iron and that causes me really bad constipation.

I don't like milk but I did try and drink a couple of pints a week in milkshakes and hot chocolate drinks.

I tried to eat at least 2 or 3 portions of fruit a day, along with salad in my sandwich and steamed veg (usually carrot and broccoli) with my evening meal.

I drank (and continue to drink) around 2 litres of water a day. I just keep filling a 500ml water bottle and sipping it throughout the day and night. It has done a good job of keeping the pregnancy headaches away and my skin (which has a tendency to dryness as I have psoriasis) has been kept quite supple and hydrated.

I cut out coffee completely and just drank Twinings Lemon & Ginger (great for morning sickness), Peppermint (great for bloat, wind and constipation) and Earl Grey. I've only just started drinking coffee (decaff) again.

I took Lactulose for the constipation and nux vomica for the morning sickness (thanks to Poppy). I also wore anti-sickness bands (about £8.20 from Boots) which really helped.

Other than the above I made sure I slept when I was tired (if I could), stopped stressing about the housework and meals; and put me first for a change.

Pip x

I think this about covers it: https://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/antenatalhealth/sexduringpregnancy/

I do like babycentre guidance as it always very clear. I have their app on my iphone and it is really good for charting your pregnancy and seeing what to expect next.

Pip x

Omg! I'm so impatient to test!!! :O I didn't bring my thermometer away with me so I don't know what my temps are doing, I didn't bring any tests with me so I can't even test! Gah! Lol

Thanks so much Pip - you are like a top pregnancy adviser :) Silly me, i should stop worrying because i should know this stuff from my previous pregnancies. Thing is when you are PAL you keep asking yourself silly questions because you are just so scared to do something wrong i guess. I think i will hold of sex/orgasms for now, just because of how early i am but maybe i will relax more in a couple of weeks.

Ok - can i ask one more silly question please?
Next saturday i have tickets to Take That! Ahhhhh Roobbiiieeee lol !
but is it harmful for me to be out late one night and maybe i might jump around a bit!? I wont go if its better that i take it easy.

Oh and good luck Kaede! When will you be testing?

No question is ever silly Dee. If it's important to you then it's important to ask. That's what we are here for. It's awful how PAL makes us all lose confidence in ourselves and our bodies. Hopefully this group will enable us all to trust our instincts more.

A night out, with friends, doing something that is really important to you sounds wonderful and exactly what every pregnant mummy needs. You may find you tire more easily so make sure that you are up to date with your sleep beforehand. Drink plenty of water. Legislate for more toilet stops. Make sure one of your friend's know about your pregnancy so that you have support and a protector. Dancing is great exercise and bean is well and truly stuck in that lovely rich uterus of yours so don't worry. Go out and enjoy yourself!

Pip x

Thanks girls. Might test in the morning, but I will only be 11dpo... FF suggests to wait until Thursday, so might test on Thursday lol. Not sure yet! X

The 2 friends that i am going to the concert with have been my buddies since i was 12 :) they are some of the only few who knew about my miscarriage outside of my parents. I plan to tell them i am pregnant again before we go so that they understand if i act a little weird! I will look after myself and try to have a good time! :)

Good luck Kaede - my BFP was 11dpo - i found i always wanted to wait because of my lengthy cycles but i never could! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->