TTC After Loss 2011 BFP!!!

I vote books. It's always my first gift of choice for children.

Pip x

Hey ladies! I just had a question for you. How many of you have experienced diarrhea in early pregnancy? I'm 5w1d and I have been getting it almost everyday at least once for the last week. I normally have IBS-like problems but it seems worse than usual now. Last pregnancy I got constipated almost straight away so this is a big change. Don't know what to make of it.

I'd say books too - Ava has a couple of sets of books in bags which are always a nice gift.

AMU strangely I have had the poos this last week too and would normally be more the other way :wacko: I have normally been constipated in 1st tri - I think it's just the progesterone wreaking havoc with the bowels amongst other things!

I think you're prolly right Suze. My last pregnancy HCG was much higher sooner than this time. Perhaps the sudden change in hormones (though not as strong as last time) is just triggering chaos in my normally not very settled tummy. I would like to believe it's possible to be getting diarrhoea and it not be a portent that something is wrong with the baby. :dohh:

I've had it too AMU, maybe a bug going round? Unless I'm pg too :haha:

Hey ladies! I just had a question for you. How many of you have experienced diarrhea in early pregnancy? I'm 5w1d and I have been getting it almost everyday at least once for the last week. I normally have IBS-like problems but it seems worse than usual now. Last pregnancy I got constipated almost straight away so this is a big change. Don't know what to make of it.

Yes!!!! I'm glad you brought it up lol, I was too embarrassed to haha. I've had an awful bad tummy since last saturday... I thought originally it was the garlic mushroom soup I'd had that hadn't agreed with me lol. But I've had a bad tummy at least once a day all week, and also terrible gas :/ maybe it's our version of MS? Lol :/

XxX

Omg! I'm so easily pleased lol, I just noticed my ticker has moved up one! :D it's onthe second flower now ^^ lol

XxX

Hah. Kaede, it is exciting isn't it?? I am looking forward to moving up to the next box on my ticker too. :haha: thank you for your response to my last query. It's so strange, I go between normal, slightly constipated and then diarrhoea, sometimes all in the space of a day. It wasn't like this at all in my last pregnancy but my HCG was higher by this point then. It could be a bug but I think it is most likely just hormones wreaking havoc with my digestion. I wasn't paying as much attention back when I was pregnant with Xander but I'm pretty sure I wasn't noticeably constipated. That's what makes me think that Jazzle is a boy... For anyone who might have missed it on my journal, I ordered a gender predictor test. I'm excited to see what results it yields and if it is right. :haha: Anyone else ever tried one? It's by Gendermaker.

I hope you are all well. Xoxox

That's how I've been getting it AMU! But when I get the diarrhoea I get nausea at the same time. But I ONLY feel nauseous when I've got the diarrhoea, not any other time... Which makes me think it's not a bug. Plus, I've never heard of a tummy bug that lasts more than a week :/ it's normally only a couple days. I say it's hormones too.

Ooo, let me know how you get on with the predictor test! Lol. I've got a gut feeling that Squirt is a girl... But I won't be disappointed either way haha. After waiting so long I'm just thankful and grateful I'm pregnant at all! And my hormones must be in a mess because thinking about it is making me tearful lol

XxX

Oh, I just noticed ur only a week ahead ofme AMU! Want to be bump buddies? :D

XxX

Hi Everyone,

Take That was awesome!!!!! I hope adrenaline and emotions will not harm the beanie because i was so excited and hyper all night! They put on a fabulous show and Robbie is just sooooo sexy! Heheh.

This mornings IC had a darker test line than the control line so that made me feel soooo good though i think part of that could of been not drinking enough yesterday maybe? I decided to order some digitals just for fun :) so they should arrive next week when i am 5 weeks plus.

Muddled, i too have had diarrhoea this time and i also have IBS, i had just sorted out my IBS and now i think the hormones ahve messed it up again but to be honest i would rather this than constipation and try not to worry because i think pregnancy can turn IBS one way or the other, maybe we will switch the other way in a few weeks, and off course each pregnancy is different :)
That gender test sounds like soo much fun, i love things like that, i hope you enjoy doing that! Let us know with pics how it works. :flower:

Hope everyone else is good x

Aww, bless you Kaede. My emotions have been all over the place since conceiving as well. I am thrilled to not be having to focus on the uncertainty of TTC but now I am in the excruciating wait to find out if things are going as they should with this pregnancy. 11 days and counting til my scan!!! And YES, I'd love to be bump buddies! :hugs:

Dee!!! I'm so glad to see you!! I'm really glad you enjoyed the concert. I don't think you need to worry about excitement harming the baby. As a matter of fact you were probably producing all sorts of good chemicals/hormones from being happy and baby could only benefit from that. :thumbup: As for the test line being darker than the control line, it wouldn't have done it if there wasn't enough HCG in your system in the first place so that is really good news. :yipee:

I think you are right Kaede that it's NOT a bug. I'm right there with you Dee, I think it's more IBS related for me as well. It's kind of ironic that there was loads of constipation problems with the first big lot of ladies to conceive and now us newbies are struggling with the opposite. :dohh: Odd that. Perhaps our turn to be bunged up will come along as well when we get a bit further along. :haha:

For you ladies who have been here and done this, did anyone else get diarrhoea before constipation set in or did you just go straight to constipation? I'm really trying to make sense of what it all means. You know me, can't help but worry. :blush:

Try not to worry about the IBS thing Muddled, worrying affects IBS too as we know :)
If you look up IBS and pregnancy on google ladies have various problems with it, some have the diarrhoea, some get more bunged up and some dont seem affected so i think we just got the diarrhoea straw! I am trying hard to eat a balanced healthy diet and drink plenty so i get all my nutrients.. Do you like probiotic yoghurts? they can help, i think they are ok in pregnancy too? (hugs)

That's a great idea Dee! Yes, I'm sure probiotics are fine in pregnancy. I think I'll pick up some today! Thank you for the reassurance. Yes, worry definitely effects IBS. Last week When I got the first worrying letter from housing benefit I was straight to the toilet. :dohh:

Hey ladies hope your all well..

I have also had a bout of the loose poo.. lol.. haha that makes me laugh.. what we talk about on here.. but I have read in pregnancy it can go either way so not worrying.. 2 more days till my scan.. :) Im so excited..

Dee-I agree with amu the concert wouldnt have hurt beanie.. have you called yet to get your first appt...

Amu-let us know how the gender thing works.. I used one with my daughter the intelligender and it was right for me.. not doing anything this time.. find out at delivery.. :)

Kaede-dont you want to be my bump buddy too.. Im only due a few weeks before you.. lol let me know and i will add you

Hello ladies, I see you're discussing my favourite topic: Bowel Movements!!!

In the first trimester I can't remember having a normal BM at all. I was either incredibly bunged up or loose. I never thought of the loose as being the runs, just the release of all the bunged upness! I was also taking lots of lactulose which loosened everything.

It does sound like pregnancy hormones messing about (which whilst irritating is a great sign!).

Pip x

My girl today at the party

Attachments

• IMAG0252.jpg
    IMAG0252.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMAG0251.jpg
    IMAG0251.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMAG0250.jpg
    IMAG0250.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 5