TTC After Loss 2011 BFP!!!

Happy 5 weeks Kaede and good for you for watching what you eat, i am trying to cut down my cups of tea, i only drink 3 a day but still trying to reduce.
I am just sooooo hungry at the moment so i think i ahve gained some weight already but i want to watch it too.

Lilrojo - your beanie looks cute on your scan :) How sweet. Thanks for sharing.

How are you doing muddled? We went to my sons last primary school performance tonight (he goes to top school in september) and it was great.
Can't believe how he is growing up and my daughter and i may have forgotten the baby stuff! :) Can't wait though.

Well I've been doing slimming world for a year nearly, and I've lost almost 3 stone :D I would have had 2 left to lose to reach my target if I was still ttc. I really want to be 10st again, but I don't mind putting it on hold for a bit! :D however, I don't want to go crazy and end up putting it ALL back on haha. I figured if its ok with my midwife and I can keep going, it can help me control what I eat, because I tend to go a bit nuts with my food if I'm left to my own devices!!! Hahaha :haha:

And thanks Dee :D

XxX

Hi Dee! :wave: I am ok thanks. Heartburn has set in something awful today but I'm taking it as a good sign. :thumbup: still counting down the days till my scan - 8 to go!! My boobs are very sore as well which is reassuring and I keep getting ligament pulling pains. I'm not overly hungry myself and I have lost a couple lb since ovulation which is good considering I started out at nearly 13.5 stone. I am hoping not to gain too much weight cuz I am already overweight and it won't be good for me or Jazzle if I get too heavy. I'm hoping I don't go over 14 stone by the time I give birth (if I get that far) but honestly I would be happy putting on 3 stone if it meant I got my healthy baby in the end (though putting on that much weight in itself would be very unhealthy :dohh:).

I know what you mean about watching our babies grow up. I'll be starring from scratch with the baby stuff. X will be nearly 7 by the time Jazzle is due. :shock:

glad to see so many of you are doing so well!!!

sendings hugs and sticky bean dust for allof you knocked up!!!

Wow Kaede! That is some serious weight loss! Good for you!! 12 stone isn't a bad starting weight in pregnancy. I'm already ahead of you by about 17lb! :rofl: I don't know the philosophy behind slimming world but as long as it is a sensible approach to getting the nutrients you need without over doing it then I can't see why it would be a problem to continue with a maintenance diet (as opposed to a weightloss diet) during pregnancy. We really only need to make sure we are getting the right nutrients. Extra calories are only needed during the last 5 or so month of pregnancy and I think it's something like 300-500 extra calories. Need to check on that...

I managed to loose over 3 stone a few years ago but 1.5 stone has creapt back on so i have gone from 9.5 stone to nearlly 11 now :/
I dont want to gain too much like you if i can help it but i am going to eat healthy and when i need to and do whats best for Mini Wig :)

Hello ladies

Well done Kaede on being so strong! I'm so rubbish with food, I'm only 5' 3" and 12.5 stone - oops! I lost so much after Laura was born but it crept back week on week and now I'm a blob :haha:

Logan you actually have a peanut in there!!

Hey Muddled and Kaede - i found this pregnancy weight gain calculator

https://www.babycentre.co.uk/tools/weightgain/

It said i am goona gain 2 stones by 40 weeks! ahh lol

Thanks for that Dee! It just said I'm going to gain 1st1lb which would be brilliant if that's all I gain (that would put me at 14st4lb so not much over my own idea of ideal weight gain in pregnancy). I have a friend who is quite severely overweight and she actually lost weight by the time her baby arrived. The doctors actually told her not to eat any more than usual because the baby would take what it needed from her body. Is not like the baby directly gets the food we eat anyway, they just get the nutrients from our bloodstream through the placenta. I wonder what we'll all end up weighing in the end?!

And if you all breast feed when babies get here the weight will drop off too :thumbup:

Just had a consultants appointment today and everything os spot on, measuring exactly 24+2 and baby weighs 685g/1.5lb :happydance:

Just having a 'is it a willy is it the umbilical cord' moment though, we're still on team yellow but thought I got a flash :dohh: Googling like mad!

I gained about 30lbs with my dd.. normal.. then lost it and more after.. 3lbs less than what I weighed when i got preggo with her.. so i feel im doing good.. lol..

Have been craving pickles.. haha.. i want more... only 2 left in the jar what will i do..

Lol. Yeah, I forgot about the twins debate. :haha: So, it won't be lilrojo. :nope: I reckon maybe it'll be the last person to fall pregnant on this thread. Now that'll either having people running away in fear or flocking to us. :rofl:

Suze, I know the theory is that you lose weight with breast feeding but I never lost a thing. I think you have to be really careful what you're eating post-baby for that to apply. :dohh: I'm so pleased that your scan went so well today. I think it's kind of funny that you are now tormented by the question over what you saw today. Serves you right for torturing us all with team yellow. :rofl:

I meant to say earlier, hello to 9babies. I'm glad to see you dropped in. How are you doing hun? :hugs:

I also lost a lot with water retention, when I went in to have Ava I'd lost a stone, half was her and half placenta etc then within the next week I lost another stone and a half as my attractive cankles went down :haha:

I have to say I ate what I wanted and lots of bad things too and then when I stopped breastfeeding at 13 months I got a BIG shock when I realised that the breastfeeding was probably allowing me to eat what I wanted rather than losing weight :dohh: Makes me think if I'm good this time I could lose more :shrug:

That calculator thing says I should gain roughly 20lbs by the end of the pregnancy... Not too bad :D

I think I retain water too... I always seemed to put weight on when I was due AF. But I'm determined to be a yummy mummy haha. I'll be straight back to Zumba after squirt is born! I'm only stopping because when I tried it on Monday it made all my muscles in my tummy really badly achey. So I'm going to try and do more brisk walking with the dog instead :) good for me, squirt and my poor doggy haja. She hasn't been for a decent walk in weeks what with all the rain we've had. Not to mention my terrible fatigue! Ha

XxX

Your not last Puppy there are a couple of ladies that are still TTC, :hi: 9babies how are you doing hun?? You still count too when and if you decide to try again :hugs:

Hey 9babies, good to see you! What's happening with you now? Are you having a break?

9babies - of course you count hun, hope you are ok. What stage are you at? Are you TTC anymore or having a break? (hugs)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->