TTC After Loss 2011 BFP!!!

Im dental. Exposure is pretty low but if we take up to 20 xrays a day then it can get quite high. Our exposure works at one xray being the same exposure as being out in the sun for 1 day. Work couldnt give a shit last time when i was pregnant about rads and i ended up with a horrid boss knowing i was preg, it turned into a horrible working atmosphere. Ill just keep standing out of the way of the articulating angle and hope the exposure doesnt scatter. The joys of work! :haha:

I told my work straight away as I do alot of heavy lifting. But I have the summer holidays off now too haha. The joys of working with children!!

XxX

Hi ladies

Hoping everyone is ok.

I have had a bit of brown streaking when i wiped this morning - holy cow- every day represents a new worry. Do you think its my cervix reacting to the internal scan? I googled that and it sounds quite common, i even asked yesterday if the internal scan could cause bleeding and they got quite defensive about saying no. I think i have a sensitive cervix though as i tend to bleed after smears and such. I hope to hell thats all it is :wacko:

Yes i think so Dee ive read enough on here to note its quite common after a scan :hugs:

Dee

I have what is called a "friable cervix" which means it is more prone to irritation and bleeding particularly after nookie, cycling, BMs etc. Mine appears to be caused by HPV as I have had abnormal smears for around the last 4 or 5 years.

When I had my bleed at 10w I specifically asked if they could see a bleed site in-utero - they couldn't - so we were satisfied it was probably linked with my "friable cervix".

It is distressing to see blood - red or brown - so I've tried to avoid anything that could aggravate it. It's only in the last week or so I've felt confident enough to try :sex: and even then I checked for spotting for a day or two afterwards.

:hugs:

Pip x

Thank you Pip - i have been told in the past i have a 'friable cervix' too and i also had many problems with smear tests and 'insufficient cells' etc. I had to have one of those colposcopys and frequent smears for a few years. They also mentioned i had HPV.
Your post has really reassured me :)
I am going to assume its my cervix and nothing to do with MiniWig.
They said yesterday that there was no signs of fluids or bleeding on the scan.

It's okay Dee. Any spotting/bleeding/unusual discharge during pregnancy really freaks me out. I just have to calm myself down and remind myself that it is okay, that it is normal for me, and that, in isolation, it is nothing to worry about. It helps that I can now feel WB move around so even if my CM is "dirty" I can put it down to being overactive rather than something being wrong with the baby. It won't be long until you are at that point too.

:hugs:

Pip x

Hey everyone
Hope everyone is ok? Not much going on on this thread recently.
I feel a bit better today, yesterday i felt sooooooo ill, tired and head pounding and so sick.
Managed to get through to the doctors and got an apointment to see them on the 17th!
Was the earliest they had but the nurse on monday said as long as i had seen the midwife once before the 12 week scan it should be ok, hoping the midwife can see me soon after i have seen the doc.
Have a nice day everyone :)

Good morning ladies! :hi:

Dee, I'm glad to hear you've got your midwife appointment. Mine is on the 11 August, 12 days before my next scan (23 Aug). Have you got your 12 week scan date scheduled yet? I'm just hanging on for mine. I feel like, if we can make it thru that scan with decent results than there is a reasonable chance I may actually get to meet Jazzle. I'm still feelig quite detached but trying to have hope.

As for pregnancy symptoms keeping me somewhat reassured, I am still getting tender/sore boobs most days and feel queasy off and on through the day. I'm very lucky on one hand to have had minimal symptoms but on the otherhand, I would probably feel better about the pregnancy if I was puking. :haha: I just have to content myself with the fact that this is generally how I felt in my pregnancy with X, who is living proof that I can have healthy beautiful babies. Just trying to hold onto that as reassurance.

Right, lunch break over. How's the rest of you ladies? Xoxox

Afternoon ladies

its just dawned on me that there really isn't a lot of 2011 left to get a BFP :(

I will be TTC into 2012 at this rate.

Awww puppy, you still have a few tries left! I felt bit like you last year, hun. After my mc I didn't think it would take long to get another bfp... But a year and 3 months later we were still trying. Just try and stay positive :D who knows, this might be your month! :D

XxX

Yippee! My 12 week scan just came in the post (funny after you asked Muddled!) It's for the 1st of september which is excellent news as i will know if things are ok before i go back to work :)
I really think and like you said Muddled, 'MiniWig' sent the bleeding as a way to get things going for me and so i could see he was ok. (not sure why i always say 'he' but i tend to make things male)
Just need to see the midwife before the scan and get my green notes filled out, today is a good day for me.:flower:

Puppy - there is still time yet! Don't give up hun, also when you are most negative about it happening is when it really can, like you kinda forget about it almost and then miracles happen. :flower:

Happy 8 weeks Kaede..

Puppy-Big hugs and there is still plenty of 2011 left for you you.. all you need is one month hun.... It will happen..

No 12 week scan for me.. decided against it as Im young and healthy, and no history of anything genetic wrong.. so leaving it all in god's hands.. as long as I hear baby on doppler I will be one happy woman..

Hope your all having a good day..

YAY FOR A CUTE LITTLE PRUNE... lol

Awww, I can't wait to see my baby at the 12 weeks scan haha. Although I'm feeling kinda paranoid that when I get there there won't be anything to see :( I keep telling myself that this pregnancy is a million times different to the last one... but I can't forget the sinking feeling of when they said there was nothing in my womb... not even a sac or anything. It had all come away in the bleed. Worst feeling in the world :(

BUT THIS TIME IS DIFFERENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol, MUST keep reminding myself of that!

XxX

Kaede - i know what you mean about there being nothing, i was 'lucky' this time that i bled a bit so i got a scan early but i had a miscarriage years ago that was only evident at the 12 week scan. Have you considered getting a doppler? Some women can hear the baby from 10 weeks or even earlier, that could put your mind at rest before the 12 weeks maybe. I'm gonna get one as my scan isnt until 1st sept. :)

I have a doppler.. and im pretty sure i have found baby almost everday since a bit after 9 weeks.. Baby likes to squiggle away but just the sound for a bit is great... I feel like sucha newbie doing it though.. like i think i find it and then its likes what if thats not it.. lol

Nah I think I'd panic if I had one of those... The one time I didn't find it I'd be a nervous wreck! Lol

XxX

Yeah if you do decide to get one.. i would wait till your any where from 10 weeks on.. I think i has helped me.. but then i wonder if im actually finding it or what.. lol a blessing and a curse.. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->