TTC After Loss 2011 BFP!!!

Oh wow, Poppy, I totally forgot about your Tinzaparin injections. I didn't realise blood thinners could have such a strong effect on using an epidural! And well done you for managing without one in all your previous pregnancies. :thumbup:

They won't give me an epidural at all due to the state of my spine and previous back surgery. I was told I could have a self-controlled synthetic morphine drip if I needed the big pain relief but when I was in labour with Xander, he came so quickly, there was no time for it. I managed on gas and air alone but if I had been in it for the long haul I would have had the drip. Honestly, I think the point at which I asked for it I was entering stage 2 (when most ladies start getting a bit panicked and irrational) but nobody realised it because I'd only been in labour for 3 hours so we weren't expecting things to move so fast. The Anesthetist ended up dumping the drugs in the bin cuz when he arrived with the drugs I was already pushing Xander out. :rofl:

Poppy did your sweep with Korben at 38 work? Or when did he come?

:haha: Xander sounds a lot like korben for arriving quickly, when i went into hospital with korben i was 2cm's within 40 minutes i was 10cm's, but took me another 40 minutes to get his head out lol I did hemorrhage after,but fx'd this one dont take her time and i dont hemorrhage again was weak for weeks after.

Poppy did your sweep with Korben at 38 work? Or when did he come?

I had the sweep at 38+1 day and my waters went the following day at 4am had korben that evening at 10.30pm

That's a good question Suze about the sweep. I was wondering that myself.

Gawd, that sounds like a bloody nightmare (no pun intended) Poppy. They didn't actually let me push for long. The heart monitor said Xander was in distress so they whipped out the ventouse and pulled him out. I probably would have been pushing for a little while longer otherwise. :shrug: I'd prefer to do it all myself this next time but if Jazzle needs help, I'm not going to turn it down.

Id be same if korben was distressed too sweetie as long as they arrive safe, they was going to use the ventouse only because i was getting tired, but then he popped out lol

Ooh that's encouraging that you went into labour after 1 sweep. I went into labour the evening of my 3rd sweep so not sure if they actually helped me or not?
It will be interesting to see how it goes for all of us this time round, it's good knowing but also not at the same time isn't it?!

Wasnt sure if it was the sweep or not because when consultant did it he said i was only half favourable :shrug:, but had one with my 3rd son at 40wks and came into labour 8hrs later.

My neighbour had 2 sweeps and had to be induced. Last time it worked within hours. Odd huh

Thanks ladies. I told him husband that he should get it done but he has no insurance as where I do, FOR THE MOMENT. I told him I wanna do the IUD but he is so scared of the what if's after what happened this time around. IDK. It's scheduled, that doesn't mean I'll go through with it. I still have over a month to try and talk to him about it and see what happens. Good luck to all of you who are so close to delivering!

I ummmed and ahhhhed about writing this but i decided to do it so you know. Not that i'm suggesting you do either but just so you're informed because i was shocked.

Contraceptives work to regulate hormone levels, they can delay ovulation, make your body a hostile environment for sperm, and ensure you don't get pregnant to about 99%

Coils etc (apart from Mirena i'm told) work to make your uterus unfavourable for implantation so you can still get pregnant, it just won't implant. To me that's a horrid idea, you could fertilise an egg every month but not implant. I didn't know this!

Morning puppy how are you feeling today? Amazon had packs of 2 CB digies for £6.49 so got them and really hope I need them in a week or so!!!! I've got my referral to recurrent m/c clinic on monday so in a way looking forward to that (in a strange way) hopeing I get some answers. I have been taking asprin this month after a bit of reading up on it so hope I have a nice thick uterus for my baby to snuggled into lol!!

Hope everyone else is doing ok. This thread is getting exciting - lots of babies to meet in the next few weeks xxxxx

Hey Cazi, i bought some cassettes from Amazon and Pregnacare conception. Saw the CB tests but i still have one here from last cycle.

Had a reminder for my smear so have to wait to see if i'm preggo to book that in.

:hi: to everyone
Sorry i have not been in here much, i hope everyone is ok :flower:
Have a nice weekend xx

Hi ladies! :wave:

Just wanted to pop on and say good luck to Cazi at the clinic and :dust: to both Cazi & Puppycat. :dust:

Big massive hugs to you Dee :hugs: it's good to see you here. :hugs:

Puppy, the reason the MIRENA works differently is because it uses a small amount of hormone in it to throw off the body's hormones as well so it combines a hormonal contraceptive as well as making the uterus inhospitable to pregnancy. It's still possible to get pregnant with a MIRENA though, I conceived an ectopic pregnancy with one in place.

I hope everyone is doing well. I agree, it is very exciting that we will be seeing more babies in here soon. :happydance:

AFM, I just hit 17 weeks, haven't gained any weight yet since falling pregnant (though I was overweight to start with :haha:), and have finally gotten past the nausea (more or less) and extreme 1st tri fatigue (just on to the insomnia induced fatigue now :haha:). All in all, things seem to be going quite well and I'm over the moon that its looking like we are going to get to meet this baby. :dance:

Since I can't share my bump I'll share my baking skills....

Attachments

• IMAG0848.jpg
    IMAG0848.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 1
  • IMAG0849.jpg
    IMAG0849.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 0
OMG Puppy I WANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics