TTC After Loss 2011 BFP!!!

I'd say yes. It'll help push baby up. Easier to empty than quickly fill I find!

Pip x

i got told at 20 weeks it didnt have to be full, all i did was just drink like usual that day but not empty bladder in waiting room loo's like i prob would have done lol. x

Good advice from the other ladies. In theory, you shouldn't need a full bladder as baby is big enough and easy enough to spot but it gives options if baby isn't in a good position for certain parts of scan so sonographer might ask you to empty bladder if baby needs moving. :shrug:

Thanks ladies, think I'll have a bottle of water for on the way there. I guess it would be easier to empty than to fill haha.

I'm so freaking excited!!!! :haha:

XxX

I was going to say no you don't need a full bladder, in fact I've been asked to empty mine as it can obstruct the view. Give the hospital a ring but I'm sure you don't need one, at 12 weeks the baby can still be within the pelvis and needs pushing out but not at 20 weeks.

Good luck and enjoy, you are finding out aren't you?

Yes I am!!! Haha, don't think I'd be able to resist if I tried XD I want to know what kind of clothes to buy! I want at least a few pink/blue things instead of white and cream all the time lol

XxX

Enjoy your scan today Kaede, how exciting!!! Will you post the sex of your litle one on here later? I think a fullish bladder can asist the sonographer if baby is laying at a bad angle or if you have a backward uterus etc but i dont think its essential in all cases, they will soon tell you anyway! :)

And what is your inkling? I get you'll have bought pink or blue before you get home from the scan :haha:

Enjoy scan Kaede :hugs:

Had a sweep today :happydance: paying for it now my SPD playing up and hurting when i walk arghhh. If sweep dont work booked in for another next week.

Ooh good luck with the sweep poppy, I had one last Wednesday which did nothing but am I right in remembering you went into labour very quickly after a sweep? Exciting :happydance:

Yeah waters went day after but i was 38+3 with DS so not counting on it. You having another?

I will probably get one on Monday, community midwives won't do them unless in hospital setting or it's your first before due date here so will see consultant on Monday/due date.
Did they give you any indication of whether you had progressed or were favourable or anything? I was 1-2cm but that's prob just cos it's not my first and cervix was medium :shrug:

I didnt ask questions i needed to pick korben up :dohh: But in my notes it says Cervix - Soft, Post, 1cm long, membrane sweep done :wacko:

That's good that your cervix was soft, it just needs to move from the posterior position forward now which the sweep might help do :thumbup:

We'll both get there with theses sweeps :haha: im just sore n struggling to walk with my SPD since i had it done.

SPD is awful, Ive had it both times too, it was worse with Ava but now seems really bad and I was hoping it was because the baby was engaged but that's not the case! I had 4 sweeps with Ava!
I'm hoping to go naturally so I can deliver at the midwife led unit otherwise I'll be booked for induction at the hospital I don't want to go to :(

Ive had 2 inductions and hated their labours, had to natural started with sweeps at 38wk & 40wk. Lets see if my first girl is going to give me hassle :haha:

Fx'd you go natural sweetie :hugs:

Best of luck poppy.. hope your sweep gets you moving hun...

Hope you both get to go natural and soon.. :)

Oooo, good luck with the sweeps ladies! Exciting times!

Afm... I'm having a boy!!! :happydance: So Harrison James it is :D My bladder didn't fill up as planned though. I drank a bit before we left but obviously it wasn't enough. They got me to drink some more and come back but it still wasn't clear and Harri was led in a wierd position so I have to go back next Friday. Hopefully I'll get a picture then too :)

But bless him he had scrunched himself into a little ball right in a corner of my uterus lol, he had his legs all tucked up under him. It's no wonder they couldn't measure him properly lol

XxX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->