TTC After Loss 2011 BFP!!!

Thanks girls - have to book Drs tomorrow PM, funeral in the morning, early.
Off out to a candle party tonight too so going to have to leave you ladies waiting for more tests!

Eeeeee, congratulations puppy!!!!!!!! :D :happydance:

Ahh, so exciting! All these new BFPs :D

XxX

I reckon we've got our next wave of preggo ladies ushering in now! :wohoo: Who's next???

Oooooooo, I am one VERY angry pregnant lady right now!!! I was talking to my step-cousin the other day about what we're having and baby names. She is 1 week behind me (I might have mentioned it before, I can't remember) and I said to her that I would have loved to have been having a girl, purely because I loved the name we had picked so much (Jessica Marie). But that it was ok because we were till going to use it in the future if we ever have a girl. She said a few names and the chat continured happily...

Just now on facebook I log on to see a status from her saying something along the lines of "My new baby girl will be called Jessy-Jane" Ohh, I nearly hit the roof! I am seriously SO angry with her right now I could cry! There's no point in saying anything to her about the conversation we had as that too was on facebook and nobody else saw it... she will just say that I'm being bitchy etc. But I already gave up on the other girl name I liked because a lass at work called HER little girl the same thing after I said to HER it was top of my list (my two top names were Lily-Mae and Jessica Marie). Oh I'm just SO angry >.<

I know it's totally irrelevant because I'm having my little Harrison, but still! if I had done that with a name she liked all hell would have broken loose by now!

God I hate my family sometimes :dohh:

(Sorry about that outburst! I just needed to vent lol -.-)

XxX

I'm sorry you're feeling so upset Kaede. :hugs: I can understand to a certain extent as my favourite girl name (Isabella) that I chose over 20 years ago is popular beyond reason now (though it was rarely heard of at the time I decided that's what I wanted to call my daughter if I ever had one...). I've had to do a lot of soul searching and rethinking about it and decided not to use my favourite girl name due to its excessive popularity now. I have managed to find another name that I am very happy about though and life will go on. I also knew someone when I was pregnant with Xander who was really quite nasty towards me when I told her what I wanted to name my child if it was a girl (though X turned out to be a boy) because she had always wanted to name her child Isobel. She wasn't pregnant at the time but was very territorial about the name and really quite upset me with he attitude about it. As it turned out, I had a boy and she went on to have a girl she named Isobel about a year later. I was of course happy for her getting her wish but it always pricked me a bit that she had been so awful towards me for wanting to use a similar name and I didn't even get to use it! (and I had desperately wanted a girl at the time as well) I don't know what to say to make you feel any better about your step-cousin's choice of name but I think it's just something you'll have to find a way to accept and let go of. You can still use any name you like if the day comes that you have a little girl too but in the meantime it won't do you any good to get upset over it and making a fuss over it with your cousin is only likely to cause resentment on both sides, which isn't going to help anyone. I hope you are able to find peace with the issue and move on. I do appreciate that it's a really hard one to swallow though. :hugs:

Kaede I much prefer your use of the name Jessica. Your step-cousin's baby will have a name which sounds very similar to Jessie J and that makes me think of tie-dye catsuits! The names are very different anyway.

I've never had a problem with people copying my names. No one ever likes my choices lol!

I'll update the front page with our latest :bfp:s when I'm on the laptop.

:dust: to those who want it!

Pip x

That happened to me years ago, i always loved the name Autumn for a girl and thats what she was going to be called if i was ever blessed, but a family member called her daughter that a year later... i was fuming :growlmad:

So once i found out what i was having this time only you guys on bnb knew the few names id chosen nobody else.

Puppy :) :wohoo: OMG congratulations!!! So so happy for you, it does seem like a new wave of bfp's is upon us :yipee:

I prefer Jessica to Jessy... And yes, I noticed it sounded alot like Jessie J too... Which is probably partly why she chose it -.-

It's just really irked me that she chose a name I specifically told her we were DEFINITELY going to use at some point of we ever have a girl. I'm glad we live so far away from her... She's about an hour away. And we will still be using Jessica if/when we have a girl... Just means she'll be telling everyone we copied her. Which really annoys me >.<

XxX

Puppy congratulations!! I definitely see the line there!! How exciting!!

Kaede I understand what you mean about people stealing names but I agree with pip and I don't think they sound similar. I prefer your choice too.
The day before I had my first mc I remember we were discussing with the children possible names for the baby, for boy and girl. Then the mc happened and the names have been left there waiting on hold. But last February the wife of a friend of my dh had a baby girl and as they were talking about suitable names my dh had the clever idea to suggest my girls name to him. There he comes back home telling they are going to give her my name. I was fuming!!!!!! As if it wasn't enough to have to deal with the mc, now his wife (who I dislike a lot) had to take the name away too. Happily for me they changed their minds later so I'm hoping I'll use it one day.

Waiting to O here!! Starting opk's tomorrow maybe.

X

Don't worry so much about names everyone, its just so wonderful to have a child/be pregnant don't you think? :flower:
I am not meaning to sound bitchy to you all by that comment btw (i really like all of you) but thats just the way i see it right now! Feel lucky for what you have :flower:

Sorry Dee, you're right. And I am very greatful. I'm always saying how lucky I am to my family lol... I think they're getting sick of me saying the same thing over and over XD

How is everyone today?

XxX

Such a good point Dee. :hugs:

Thanks Kaede. I'm feeling like I have a wriggling bowling ball living in my tummy. Very painful at times but always delightful. :cloud9:

Wow congrats Cazi and Ann :dance:
OMG Puppy!! I'm on my phone but think I can see a line huge congrats hun :hugs:

:hi: Madrid, I'm Sam I'm 27, I have a 7yr old daughter called Ellie and I had a MC in Jan of this year at 9weeks :cry: I was really lucky and got another BFP after my first period after the MC (so about month later) which turned out to be my beautiful rainbow baby boy who is called Scott-Antonio and is 10 days old :)
Welcome to the group :hugs:

Happy 26 weeks AMU.

How is everyone.

I am sooooo happy just got a second line on my opk still faint but all the same its a second line and on CD 15, my fertility friend estimates my possible ov on cd 29 due to my 42 day cycles. I'm hoping this is a good sign and it means my cycles could be returning to normal. xxx

Hi ladies!! I'd like to share something with you. My son gave me this last week. Please read the message at the bottom. He nearly made me cry. Isn't it sweet what he says? :blush:

Attachments

• IMG_0432.jpg
    IMG_0432.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 10

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79