TTC after loss - over 40 - any takers? Our lucky thread - 9 rainbows and 1 BFP

well I just got my + OPK so am hoping the trip to Norway to :sex: with dh has done the trick :) Good luck ladies xx

I will keep my fingers crossed for you I will change you to TWW.

Think i actually OV`d yesterday after positive OPK on tues. My temp has gone up today from 36.4 yesterday to 37.1.

We have done BD every night now for 8 nights, so I am really hoping that will do the job.

:dust::dust::dust::dust:

There are now 5 of us over 40`s in the TWW cluc now - let`s hope we get some BFPs and we all get our rainbows.

We will. This is going to be our lucky thread :) xx

Anyone testing soon. I'm going to test Monday I think x

We will. This is going to be our lucky thread :) xx

Anyone testing soon. I'm going to test Monday I think x

It`ll be another 10 days i think before I can test. DH says he doesn`t want to know too soon, because it`s longer to worry, but to be honest i`m hoping I will be PG and know it myself before i test.

FX for monday for you - hoping for that BFP.

this is a positive and lucky thread.

:dust::dust::dust:

If i am correct on ovulation I guess i could begin testing next thursday but it's my birthday and not sure I want to test that day in case its negative

If i am correct on ovulation I guess i could begin testing next thursday but it's my birthday and not sure I want to test that day in case its negative

I can understand that. :hugs:

This sounds like the perfect place for me, if you don't mind me joining in.
I'm 43. had a surprise and discovered i was pregnant back in early feb. hadn't got a clue how pregnant, but I suffered a MC. The scan at that point showed about 9 + weeks. I had never thought about or charted my cycles and so have no idea how long they usually are.
Bled for 16 days then had 11 days before AF visited. Have been BD all month, but have not had the usual location pain I always presumed was Ovulation.
If my cycles were 28 days I would be due today.
No AF, BFN, no symptoms. Wish I knew what was happening.

I'm 43. had a surprise and discovered i was pregnant back in early feb. hadn't got a clue how pregnant, but I suffered a MC. The scan at that point showed about 9 + weeks. I had never thought about or charted my cycles and so have no idea how long they usually are.
Bled for 16 days then had 11 days before AF visited. Have been BD all month, but have not had the usual location pain I always presumed was Ovulation.

I absolutely relate to you...from the surprise pregnancy to not knowing what is going on with my body...only cd 62 or so right now and yesterday I stopped temping and charting...going back to normal except for OPK's...and may quit them too. Not sure about them yet

good luck and hope you get some answers

Hi Creative, lovely to have you in here. Sorry you dont know what's going on with your body. Lets hope we get some good news in here soon.

Xanth how many dpo will you be on monday. Good luck xx

Lilblossom cd62 wow. have you had any tests to see what's going on?

Dancareoi my dh is exactly the same, he'd rather not know until I was in labour but unfortunately I always know very early. I usually get pg signs like having dreams and loads of wind (sorry tmi) and uterus cramps (although i've been getting them since my chemical pg last month so wont be able to count them now).

I'll prob test in 10-12 days time (oh who am I kidding, i'll be testing in about 8 days and everyday till af!!) I am a poas addict. In fact I have just had delivered 4 cb digi tests and 20 cb digi opk tests. And already have 4 hpt in the drawer ready. Good luck to you all xx

It's so annoying not knowing :hugs::hugs:

Xanth how many dpo will you be on monday. Good luck xx

Thanks - I'll be 9dpo - bit early but I do love to POAS :winkwink:

Hi Creative, sorry for your loss and welcome to our loss.

Sorry you don`t know what`s going in with your body, hopefully it will sort itself out.

Lilblossom, perhaps best wait until day after your bday, just in case!

Donna, you are like me, I would test from tomorrow if it was possible!!

It seems to me, from reading posts on here and other threads, that the ladies over 40 who are TTC again after loss have all had a loss from a surprise PG! i wander if the fact that we were not preparing our bodies for PG, i.e all the right supplements and vitamins etc, that somehow that has affected our PG!

I have now been taking pregnancare pre conception tablets since feb and am really hoping that i will get PG real soon and will have a rainbow baby and hope that all of us here also get your rainbow babies too.

Creative - i have added you to our home page as TTC.

I usually get pg signs like having dreams and loads of wind (sorry tmi) x
now I'm clutching at straws because for the last week, I have been having really vivid dreams and for several days I've been windy popping all the time....:blush:

It seems to me, from reading posts on here and other threads, that the ladies over 40 who are TTC again after loss have all had a loss from a surprise PG! i wander if the fact that we were not preparing our bodies for PG, i.e all the right supplements and vitamins etc, that somehow that has affected our PG!
I'd like to think it was God kicking me up the bum and saying "go on, have a baby!!" when I hadn't even considered it this late in life!

I would have to miss 3 periods before they really get concerned..especially at my age...it could be beginning of my change...although I would think it would be at least a few years early.

Dance unfortunately i've been ttc for over 18months now so none of mine were surprise pg's and lost all 4 of them :( just think my eggs are old now and there doesn't seem to be much evidence that there is anything you can do to reverse it. There is talk of DHEA and Coq10 or something like that but i'm a bit too scared to mess around at the mo with those things. I have had acupuncture which i'm sure has helped me get pg but hasn't helped me with the condition of my eggs yet. But am not going to give up yet and we have appointment next month with our fertility clinic. think they're going to start talking donor eggs, which dh is a little unsure of at the mo. So onwards and upwards and hope this is the month xxx

woke up this morning with strange feeling. not sure whether it's a pre ovulation ache or AF getting ready to start up.
I really wish that I'd bothered to take notice of when my AF were, how long my cycles were etc. Sheesh, I had them for years and years and took no notice at all they came when they did and went when they did and I never knew when they were coming or when to expect them.

fingers crossed for you Creative. are you going to wait a while and test after a certain time? I'd be testing now if I were you, but like I said before I am a poas addict!!

fingers crossed for you Creative. are you going to wait a while and test after a certain time? I'd be testing now if I were you, but like I said before I am a poas addict!!

I have become a POAS addict too, although it was so hectic this morning I didn't bother. I think I shall go and Poas. Hang on a few mins!!:coffee:

Well that was BFN, but I really didn't expect anything else, because my boobs are usually the first symptom I get and they are still normal.

ah shame :( well you're not out till the witch arrives. Still keeping my fingers crossed for you x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnneMariena
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->