ttc after pill

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by Maybe baby, Apr 26, 2009.

1. Maybe baby

Maybe baby Well-Known Member

Hey everyone
    Am on my bleed after 1 month of microgynol 30. i only took 1 month (already had a 2 month gap before due to headaches on another pill), am going to start ttc...how long do people usually take?? xx

2. Rozie_1985

Rozie_1985 Mummy To Joel

Depends chick, it could take 1 month could take 12 or longer. Im on my first month TTC after being on the pill for 6 years. Fingers crossed for us both hey! xx

3. NuKe

NuKe mummy to 2 gorgeous girls

im no longer on the pill, came off it a year ago and had been using the barrier method since, when i started it though i do remember the doc telling me it can take a year or possibly two to conceive! so good luck hun!!! hope you get your :bfp: soon!

4. minnie83

minnie83 Olivia's mummy

I don't think there will ever be a definite answer, it really depends on the person. I was on the pill for 9 years straight, and just got my bfp the first month I came off it, others on here have been off the pill ages and are still waiting. Good luck hun, and have fun trying! x

5. Maybe baby

thanks everyone/..please add me and keep in touch lovely to know how we all get on xx

6. babyblog

babyblog Well-Known Member

i was on it for 10 years and it took me 8 months to get preggers

7. Mrs Doddy

Mrs Doddy 1 pink 1 blue

its unfortunately as long as a piece of string question - everyone is different. It took me two months to get a v quick (1 day) period back and am hoping that my cycles will now settle down however am prepared that it still might be up the creak.

I hope that helps and good luck xxx

8. seattlemama

seattlemama Mommy & Pregnant!!

Everyones body is so different so its an unanswerable question unfortunatly. I know that for me when I went off the pill about 6 months later my body was feeling back to normal and my cycles were evening out in number of days. I hope its not long for you!

9. Maybe baby

thanks everyone..AF is due tomorrow or next day...so not long til cant start getting busy xx

10. Laurn82

Laurn82 Well-Known Member

Hey hun, just thought i would share. I came off bc in Jan. Had implanon for 6 and a half years. Was due af a week and a half after coming off and it came like clockwork. After that I waited another 57 days for next af! Just got my second 'proper' af yesterday and looks like I have settled into a 33 day cycle. Suppose it is different for everyone. I was on the pill 3 years when I fell pg with my son (and I only missed 1 pill!). Didn't think it would be this hard! I am now aiming for a 2010 little bundle of joy!!! Good luck and have fun trying! xxx

11. JayDee

JayDee Sunshine and rainbow

Everyone is different but I stopped taking in Jan and got BFP in April.

Had been on it for 10 years, then a year off, then a year on again.

12. Fingers cross

Fingers cross TTC #1 since April 09

I'm in exactly the same position. First month off pill and AF due in a couple of days. One friend got her BFP in the 2nd month after being on the pill 13 years whilst another has taken 23 months so i guess there's no exact science to it.

Good luck xxxxx :hug:

Sarah x

13. Maybe baby

thanks ladies...cant wait to get my BFP xx

14. lauraxx

lauraxx Well-Known Member

i concieved second cycle after comin off the pill....fingers crossed you'll be as quick :dust::dust::dust:
    xxxxxx

15. Maybe baby

i hope so laura....i have a feeling i will be waiting a while :( really hope im not xx

16. Jewels

Jewels Wife & Aussie Mommy!

I stopped mine on the same day, and just finished with the withdrawal :witch: on Saturday. I haven't noticed any weird hormonal changes just yet - I don't think my body has had enough time to register that I'm not taking the pills anymore. Maybe later this week I'll feel different. Now I'm just planning on checking CM every day to see if I ovulate at all this cycle. I really hope so!