TTC after taking Cerazette

Hello everyone

I stopped Cerazette at the end of July and I am STILL waiting for AF! I did a test on Saturday as I was going out with friends for a drink so thought would double check i was okay to drink ad was :bfn: Getting really fed up now :sad1:

I feel like need a hug... and a chinese takeway.... and some chocolate and my PJs and fluffy slippers...... and a Bridget Jones DVD fest......:cry:

Hello everyone

I stopped Cerazette at the end of July and I am STILL waiting for AF! I did a test on Saturday as I was going out with friends for a drink so thought would double check i was okay to drink ad was :bfn: Getting really fed up now :sad1:

I feel like need a hug... and a chinese takeway.... and some chocolate and my PJs and fluffy slippers...... and a Bridget Jones DVD fest......:cry:

Sorry to hear your AF hasnt shown up yet. What was you like before the pill?
Everyones different so i hope she shows up soon if not maybe speak to a doctor.

Have you had a withdrawal bleed at all? My cycles before the pill were pretty regular...i guess it takes time but i know thats not what you want to hear.

Good Luck xx

Hi :flower:
I'm still waiting for AF too but I've only been off cerazette for 3 weeks and I'm already impatient, so I can just imagine how fed up you are!! But a hug, a chinese takeaway, chocolate, PJ's, fluffy slippers and a Bridget Jones DVD fest sound good no matter what!! :thumbup: lol Hope you get your AF soon :hugs: xx

Thanks girls

I went back on Cerazette after having DS and he was 5 weeks old but I have had problems with irregular bleeding whilst taking it which I never had before. I was on it for about 4 years before trying for DS with no bleeds at all, stopped it to TTC DS and AF returned within 3 weeks but like I say, when I went back on it after having DS, had loads of bleeding etc. He is 3 now and the bleeding has only just settled this year but still had a few bleeds.

I went to see GP as my gut instinct is saying its not right to still be waiting for AF and she kinda palmed me off with the whole “you have to wait 6 months” thing and the classic “Cerazette does not affect your fertility”! I argued back and said clearly it does as I am not fertile now am I and I have NEVER been informed that it could take 6 months for AF to return when stopping!! That should be told to people.

I am on a real downer at the minute, I was hoping to have had had a cycle and be properly trying by now!

Hi everyone,

I've been waiting 7 weeks since stopping cerazette and still no sign of AF!!

Sooo frustrating

Amelia x

i stop taking my pill thursday... my god the stomach cramps, back ache and nausea are killing me. no one mentioned withdrawal symptoms when i signed up to this pill. i hate being a woman right now... :(

I was on Cerazette for years. Came off it about 2 years ago (which is when I found this site as I was in a state of panic when I found out all the horror stories about it.) Periods took a few months to come and only got positive ovulation results a few months after that. I cant remember exact dates and cant find my previous posts Im afraid.

We started trying to conceive 4 weeks ago. Pregnant on first attempt. I was so worried when I first came off of Cerazette but it luckily hasnt caused any problems. Perhaps its because I waited a while before TTC, Im not sure, but i dont think it has affected my fertility in general. Im 38 and my OH is 40.

I hope you all get your AF and BFP's soon. xx

stopped takin my cerazette pill about 6 weeks ago as it made me feel so crappy, never had periods at all on it, unless i have missed one and then i bleed a couple of days later. ive been havin pregnancy symptoms, i did a test and there was a faint positive line so i did another the nxt day and there was a faint negative line. that was 3 days ago.. last night i had a spotting thinkin my period had come and i woke up this mornin to a brownie discharge and now nothin else all day. i feel like im pullin muscles in my lower tummy when i move too fast. i feel sick and slightly higher temp. anyone have any advice or suggestions???

I notice this thread is still going 3 years later ;) I thought I would add my experience as TTC and getting a bit upset about it.
I have 3 boys already, the youngest being 5, and had been on Cerazette for 4 years before I came off it in July 2011. Had my period about 3 weeks later. Had a 31/32 days cycle for the first few months but went back to my normal 27 day cycle on my last menstrual period on 25th October 2011. Have been using those ovulation test strips and making sure we have sex on fertile days. Period due next monday (21st November), really really hoping for a result this month. My boobs have swollen up a litle, had the whole 'tingling nipples' thing and some abdomial cramping. Think I want it a bit too much though, so might be in my head to some extent. Due to get married March 2013 so wanted to get a baby in this side of things and one afterwards ;) That's the plan anyway. Have agreed I'll go back on the pill if nothing has happened by January/February (not cerazette) though, and that we'll try again after the wedding. I'm 32, so don't want to put off.
Feel so upset though that we've been trying since July and nothing has happened. Fell pregnant with my other kids no problem xx

I came of Cerazette at the end of March this year, took me till the 1st September to get AF.

Cycle 1 - 162 days
Cycle 2 - 48 days
Cycle 3 - currently CD27

I am concerned that we've been NTNP for nearly 7 months and nothing so far but that's just me being impatient. Hope others don't have to wait as long x

I'm a newbie so I hope it's okay to bump (pardon the pun!) an old thread!

I've been on and off cerazette for a few years now. I used to be on brevinor and that was great, but because I have bad visual migraines the doctors said I had to go on a POP or else run a risk of having a stroke.

I have absolutely hated being on cerazette - I put on weight, had no sex drive, and my skin got really bad. Three weeks ago (22nd November) my husband and I decided for me to come off of it and embrace NTNP (but really more TTC). I had been on cerazette the last time for about 6 months, and had no periods in thaat time. When I first came off it I had spotting, nausea, and various other early pregnancy symptoms but tested negative on a HPT.

There have been no more developments since then and I'm concerned about how long it may take for my cycle to go back to normal, particularly as I may potentially have problems conceiving due to other health issues. Does anyone have any updates on TTC after cerazette? Or advice, or just encouragement? (As others have said, there are many nightmare stories out there and I am a bit freaked out as this would be our first child!)

Rosie
xo

Hi

I came off the pill in August and had a withdrawal bleed 24 days later. Since then my cyles have returned to normal (24 days, 24days, 26days and now im waiting for her to arrive or see if i have a BFP)

Its hard waiting to see what happens as were all different, i was convinced it would take me months to return to normal cycles but was on...only no BFP yet :-(

xx

Thanks c1403, you've given me hope that I may get AF soon! But you're right, we are all different, so it is hard to compare. It's just good to have some positive comparisons after reading about so much difficulty TTC after cerazette etc.

Fingers crossed that you get your BFP this time!

xo

Hi

I came off the pill in August and had a withdrawal bleed 24 days later. Since then my cyles have returned to normal (24 days, 24days, 26days and now im waiting for her to arrive or see if i have a BFP)

Its hard waiting to see what happens as were all different, i was convinced it would take me months to return to normal cycles but was on...only no BFP yet :-(

xx

Just to update all you cerazette ladies...today i got my :bfp: 4 months since coming off the pill....so there is hope.

lots of dust to you all

Hi all. Can't believe this. Got my bfp 2 hours ago! Came off cerazette beginning of December 2010, have had no period since, other than two bouts of brown discharge. I'm 41 and never expected this, I'm so happy! It's early days but I'm just thrilled to get this far. I have been symptom watching and reading posts for last two weeks and know hearing a story like mine will give hope to all of you. I had no idea I was even ovulating after cerazette, as no period came, just 4 days of staining end of dec and again 3 weeks ago. I thought I was imagining my 'symptoms' as I wanted a baby so much but here goes: (for all of u symptom spotting). Last week (1 week before bfp) I had slightly tender boobs but normal period boobs really so thought at last that period would arrive soon. Last fri I woke up with a bad headache, which I don't really get usually, I was sick twice as pain in head made me feel rough. Saturday normal day. Sunday evening had sharp pains/discomfort lower right abdomen that went on for about an hour then subsided. From Monday to today (Thursday) I have had period cramping and swollen, tender, veiny boobs and nausea (which I thought was in my head and just where I've had disturbed sleep this week). Today noticed metally taste in mouth but again tried to convince myself I was imagining it. Been feeling hot n sweaty at night and a few hot flushes during day, oh and since last sunday I've been an emotional wreck, crying over nothing. Walked past our local 'la senza' that closed and read the 'thank to customers' sign and choked up! I'm a dental nurse and had an old lady Tuesday who was upset, I hugged her and choked up, in the end she was feeling sorry for me! And finally, been very fussy around house last two weeks, maybe coincidence but been tidying and cleaning loads and making everything perfect. Fiancé said I was 'homemaking' and said I was pregnant. Can't wait to tell him but might have to wait til tomorrow ad he's away on course. My other worry is he's going to afghan for 6 months in march, so most of our pregnancy, touch and go whether he'll get back for birth! This is my first baby and I'm almost 42. Only came off cerazette 2 months ago. How lucky am I? Had previous partner and ttc ten years ago but nothing. I can't believe this. It's always someone else it happens to, not me! If any of you have any questions that I could try to help ease the stress of ttc please just ask. Good luck everyone! It WILL happen xx

Hi all. Can't believe this. Got my bfp 2 hours ago! Came off cerazette beginning of December 2010, have had no period since, other than two bouts of brown discharge. I'm 41 and never expected this, I'm so happy! It's early days but I'm just thrilled to get this far. I have been symptom watching and reading posts for last two weeks and know hearing a story like mine will give hope to all of you. I had no idea I was even ovulating after cerazette, as no period came, just 4 days of staining end of dec and again 3 weeks ago. I thought I was imagining my 'symptoms' as I wanted a baby so much but here goes: (for all of u symptom spotting). Last week (1 week before bfp) I had slightly tender boobs but normal period boobs really so thought at last that period would arrive soon. Last fri I woke up with a bad headache, which I don't really get usually, I was sick twice as pain in head made me feel rough. Saturday normal day. Sunday evening had sharp pains/discomfort lower right abdomen that went on for about an hour then subsided. From Monday to today (Thursday) I have had period cramping and swollen, tender, veiny boobs and nausea (which I thought was in my head and just where I've had disturbed sleep this week). Today noticed metally taste in mouth but again tried to convince myself I was imagining it. Been feeling hot n sweaty at night and a few hot flushes during day, oh and since last sunday I've been an emotional wreck, crying over nothing. Walked past our local 'la senza' that closed and read the 'thank to customers' sign and choked up! I'm a dental nurse and had an old lady Tuesday who was upset, I hugged her and choked up, in the end she was feeling sorry for me! And finally, been very fussy around house last two weeks, maybe coincidence but been tidying and cleaning loads and making everything perfect. Fiancé said I was 'homemaking' and said I was pregnant. Can't wait to tell him but might have to wait til tomorrow ad he's away on course. My other worry is he's going to afghan for 6 months in march, so most of our pregnancy, touch and go whether he'll get back for birth! This is my first baby and I'm almost 42. Only came off cerazette 2 months ago. How lucky am I? Had previous partner and ttc ten years ago but nothing. I can't believe this. It's always someone else it happens to, not me! If any of you have any questions that I could try to help ease the stress of ttc please just ask. Good luck everyone! It WILL happen xx

Hi everyone,its been nearly 2 yrs since i 1st posted on here,just wanted to say my sis fell pg while taking cerazette,unfortunately i haven't been so lucky

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->