TTC after taking Cerazette

Hi, I have recently found this forum. I am a 40 year old woman with 3 teenage children but now in a new relationship. I was on cerazette for 6 months and had the implant for a year before that. I have now been off cerazette for 73 days and still had no period in fact I have had nothing, no pain at all. Is this normal ?

I have been on it a month since coming off the implant,

I am hoping to come off it fully in December

i was on cerazette for about 4 years and never had a period during that time. I have been off the pill for about 6 weeks now with no sign of a period. I had the usual symptoms - bloated, swollen boobs, weight gain etc so i was convinced i was pregnant but 3 tests later and all negative. Aparently these are common feelings when coming off the pill. I have no idea when my period should be due so i dont know when to expect it - but after 6 weeks i was hoping for something. Now i have finally decided to try for a baby i hate having to wait.

Good luck everyone trying

I stopped taking cerazette at the end of march and ttc baby no 3 and still trying!! I have used ovulation tests which come up positive so i am ovulating apparently but still no baby!! My eldest is 10 and my other daugheter is 3 so big gap as ttc for ages and m/c 3 in between,
Any advice from anyone would be good, I really don;t want a big gap again!!
My period is due again on wednesday and since i came off the pill i have gone straight back to my 28 day cycle like clockwork with very heavy periods again!! ARGH!

i came off cerazette in april and it took 6 weeks for af to arrive,hang in there girls i have a few buddies on here that were also on cerazette and have fallen pregnant

i came off the pill 9th september had a brown discharge and bleed for 2 days 1st oct, hoping this is a good sign and that my periods will be normal again from my next cycle. so had a small bleed after 3 weeks from stopping. but it is so true that we are all different! just wish they'd tell you these things before you start the pills, as all i read about cerazette is bad things, and more i look at side effects more i think i did actually have them and didnt realise!! just keeping on TTC now and hoping for the best

good luck to u all .

Hiya!! i've read all your posts!!
I was on microgynon for 5 years, then got put on to cerzette as i was too fat for microgynon apparently (funny i was skinny before starting that!!!) anyway i had been on cerzette for about a year before me and hubby decided we were ready for babies, i stopped taking it 16th sept and my first bleed was 10th Aug betweeen stopping the pill and the bleed i was positive i was pregs!! but wasn't!! was gutted!! but accepted it and looked onto trying again, and again neg 10th sept day of a wedding GREAT!!! so decided to get ovulation tests got the smiley face so was ovulating and we tried our hardest :winkwink: i had a neg result on sat :nope: and today period and again im gutted! i'm thinking i had 2 periods, both 32 day cycle, so surely my cycle seems to be back to normal and i've ovulated so why no BFP??? i've been soooooo excited about the thought of being a mummy but to keep getting BFN its sooooo upsetting although i know its still early days but you know when u want something sooooo bad!!!
:cry:
my hubby has the right idea he says he won't get his hopes up or get excited till we get a BFP but me nope i get excited from ovulation stage!!
good luck to everyone trying!! isn't cerzette a bitch???!!!!

8 weeks now and no sign of my period - pregnancy tests are negative and so are ovulation tests. My boobs are really hurting as well - has antone else experienced this?? Hoping something will happen soon as im so impatient

good luck everyone
:shrug::shrug:

8 weeks now and no sign of my period - pregnancy tests are negative and so are ovulation tests. My boobs are really hurting as well - has antone else experienced this?? Hoping something will happen soon as im so impatient

good luck everyone
:shrug::shrug:

hi there! when i stopped the pill for a wk or so i had really sore boobs i could hardly touch them! but then it stopped, i also feel very bloated and feel pregnant and look it after eating! i have now been off the pill for 5 weeks, and i had a discharge/bleed for 2 days and i should be due a period around end of this month, but im not getting my hopes up. ov tests are negative and so are pregnancy tests. we are all different and think just got to not worry so much and just keep trying. as worrying about it probably makes it worse!
although its so annoying not even knowing, and wish actually had some control over the situation, and that they'd warn you before taking it that it may take a while to regulate.. id have prob come off the pill sooner if id have known this!:growlmad:

Just thought id share my experience of cerazette with you girls. I was put on it in march 2009 whilei was still breastfeeding my daugter and didn't have any periods. I stopped breastfeeding in october and got my first bleed in november. However once i started i never seemed to stop, i was literally only having a couple of days break before starting to bleed again. Went to the doctors in january who sent me for a smear which came back with changes so had a colposcopy. I was also sent for an ultrasound of my ovaries, where they found a large cyst on my right ovary. I decided enough was enough and came off the pill in march and havent been using any other contraception since. As soon as i came off it i stopped all break through bleeding and gradually seemed to settle into a cycle that seems to have stayed at 26 days, used to be 28 beore the pill. I think this pill was the cause of all my problems and would never go on it again. Thankfully my cyst has since disappeared and my colospocy showed only minor changes so dont need any further treatment. What worries me though is that it hadshad a major impact on my fertility. Since May me and my husband have been ttc with no success, i fell on very quickly with my previous pregnancies. I just hope one day i will get the bfp i so desperately want.

Hello ladies! I too have been experiencing a messed up cycle since coming off cerazette at the end of May :growlmad: AF has only visited twice since! I have now started taking agnus castus which seems to be working, here's what's happened so far:

Last pill - end of May
Cycle 1 - 65 days
Cycle 2 - 53 days (started taking AC)
Cycle 3 - O'd on CD 20 so much improvement :thumbup:
Just waiting for AF to show up at the weekend to confirm.

Good luck everyone!

Well i have been off cerazette since end of march and my periods have returned back to normal 28 day cycle and been ttc baby no 3 since!! I had no periods whilst on it, so i started to use an ovulation test to see if i was even ovulating which I am and the good news was that i fell pregnant last month after 6 months of trying but i miscarried last week, I am gutted!! It was my 4th m/c i had 3 m/c in between my 2 daughters which is why there is a 6 year age gap and I'm so scared this will happen again, I too have had punch byopsys and colposcopy's after pre-cancerous cells twice!! Was told i'd probably have to have a hysterectomy if contunue to get cells back. I'm so worried that i won't be able to concieve again!
I am so annoyed that i went on cerazette in the first place, Never again If i know then what i do now then I'd have stayed away.

I was on Cerazette for 2 and a half months, came off it as it was aggrivating my depression and had to be upped to 200mg Zoloft, off both now thank god.

I finished the pill halfway through at the beginning of Sept. Haven't experienced a withdrawal bleed whatsoever, I missed my Sept AF which was due on the 16th Sept, went to Dr's with loads of S&S of pregnancy, I've now missed my Oct AF which was due last week, my boobs are ginormous lol and bleeding gums when I brush teeth, surely being on it such a little amount of time would mean it leaves the system quicker?? I have excruciating back ache and coming up to 5 weeks late. All Neg tests. Pregnancy is still very possible though... Right? I had pink spotting on the 8th Oct. And had brown sticky discharge on the 9th. Nothing since though :cry:

I missed a fair few pills, and took some way too late.

I thought that i'd let youknow that i fell pregnant after all last month after 6 months of trying but i sadly had m/c no 4!! I'm so gutted, it has now been nearly 4 weeks ago and my best friend has just told me she is now pregnant, I'm happy for her but i@m so sad also. I wish i'd never gone on cerazette, Never again!!
Just hoping that i can fall pregnant again soon, \the age gap between my kids is getting bigger and bigger, Never thought it would take this long again

Maybe you should go to your doctor, When iwas pregnant with my first daughter 8 differnt pregnancy tests came up negative even the doctors one's!They said I had a kidney infection and i was put on antibiotics!! Wasn't until they sent me for a blood test they found her! I was on the pill and was 3 and half months gone when i found out!!
Turns out that urine tests dont work on me, Only one has ever worked out of every test i've ever used!

waited over 9 weeks for a period and then it arrived - just as i was going on holiday!!! Now thankfully my boobs no longer hurt and i feel much more normal - according to information i should be ovulating at the moment - although tests are still negative so i will keep on trying and see what happens next month.

I was on Cerazette for 2 and a half months, came off it as it was aggrivating my depression and had to be upped to 200mg Zoloft, off both now thank god.

I finished the pill halfway through at the beginning of Sept. Haven't experienced a withdrawal bleed whatsoever, I missed my Sept AF which was due on the 16th Sept, went to Dr's with loads of S&S of pregnancy, I've now missed my Oct AF which was due last week, my boobs are ginormous lol and bleeding gums when I brush teeth, surely being on it such a little amount of time would mean it leaves the system quicker?? I have excruciating back ache and coming up to 5 weeks late. All Neg tests. Pregnancy is still very possible though... Right? I had pink spotting on the 8th Oct. And had brown sticky discharge on the 9th. Nothing since though :cry:

I missed a fair few pills, and took some way too late.

I went through exactly the same thing - brown discharge, hurting boobs, bloating and numerous negative pregnancy tests - and it eventually took 9 weeks for my period to show up and now i feel almost human again. There is a chance that you may be pregnant even if the tests are saying negative as it can take a couple of weeks to show up - but more likely is that you are experiencing the same thing as me - keep trying it will happen:wacko:

I came off 9th sept, had what i think was withdrawal bleed 1st oct for 2 days, i now came on last night quite heavy so guessing this is my normal period.. so would you all say that i should be ovulating and be "normal" again now? just feel so glad to have a period back, although i was in agony last night!

God I want my to come noooooow. Its been 7 weeks since i stopped taking cerazette and had enough already. My poor breasts hurts too much and my belly is constantly bloated ( i actually look pregnant). The bad thing is that ppl already started to ask and I just dont know what to say :wacko:

They think im pregnany but not telling:shy:

I dont care if it will hurt just get on with it :growlmad:

Good now that I let it all out time for some tea :coffee:

:) xxx

God I want my to come noooooow. Its been 7 weeks since i stopped taking cerazette and had enough already. My poor breasts hurts too much and my belly is constantly bloated ( i actually look pregnant). The bad thing is that ppl already started to ask and I just dont know what to say :wacko:

They think im pregnany but not telling:shy:

I dont care if it will hurt just get on with it :growlmad:

Good now that I let it all out time for some tea :coffee:

:) xxx

it was 8 weeks for me until period, hope its soon for you, is annoying waiting around! and i too had sore breasts and still do get bloated and look pregnant!
try not to worry about it too much as this could hold period off longer! good luck. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->