ttc and losing weight ?

Stacey_89

Team PINK
Reaction score
Hey everyone.
I'm trying to lose some weight and get toned up.

I want to know though is it safe to do sit ups while ttc?
I probs won't get pregnant for awhile and rele wanna take it of my mind and feel good about myself if I lose some weight.
It's no drastic weight i'm 5'6 and weigh 10stone,

I'm curious to know the answer to this too. I'm working on the principle it's OK while I'm TTC (I figure I can't put my exercise regime on hold every 2WW if it takes me months and months to become pregnant) - but I'm not sure what the deal is with doing ab work once you're actually pregnant.

I've got about 2 stone to lose but I'm not going to get bsessive about it. Would be nice to gradually lose some whilst I'm waiting to fall pregnant though. Apart from anything, I currently have FF/G cup boobs and I'm dreading to think how much bigger they'll get if I get pregnant at my current weight!!

That is a perfect weight for your height. If I were you, I would maybe focus on the toning part and not the weight loss.

Hey everyone.
I'm trying to lose some weight and get toned up.

I want to know though is it safe to do sit ups while ttc?
I probs won't get pregnant for awhile and rele wanna take it of my mind and feel good about myself if I lose some weight.
It's no drastic weight i'm 5'6 and weigh 10stone,
Abdominal exercises are perfectly safe to do while trying to conceive. There are even abdominal exercises that are safe during pregnancy (you should always talk to your doctor first): https://www.abs-exercise-advice.com/pregnancy-abdominal-exercise.html

Also, you can safely do cardio while TTC, and can do some modified routines while pregnant. There are some great pregnancy workout DVD's on the market to help you stay fit, safely, throughout pregnancy. Of course you don't want to try to lose weight during pregnancy, but exercising has so many more benefits than just weight loss.

Take care!

Okay thanks :)
yeah aswell as losing weight i want to be at my healthiest for a more positive start to 2010 :) plus i wanna look good for my birthday lol hehe

Im going to get loads of benefits from this, just wanted to makesure it was safe :)

Hiya ladies,

Just thought id add. Dont think its really that much of a problem, one of my friends has just delieverd a healthy baby boy 7lbs 4oz she weighed 13 stone was quite a big lady she couldnt eat through most of her pregnancy due to sickness right through it, however she did eat all the goodness veg etc that are healthy for the baby, she lost 3 stone throughout it and is now 10 stone, she wasnt trying to loose weight but it did happen. whilst she was loosing weight she done slow tummy exercises as she didnt want a flabby stomache because of her size before, so it just goes to show that i think it will be ok if you want to tone up =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->