TTC and Mitral Valve Prolapse (MVP)?

Not quite but similar. When I became pregnant with my now 18month old LO I developed a fast heart rate (now 100bpm resting but when pregnant was 160bpm resting) and have a slight regurgitation on both valves (leaking blood back the wrong way in to the heart) but not to a stage where it's a huge issue day-to-day. I also now have really high blood pressure (was 145/98 on Thursday even though I'm on medication). Are you under a cardiologist? When we decided to start TTC again I had to have my medication changed to be pregnancy safe and will need closer monitoring this time round as last time we needed to be induced. But the pregnancy went smooth in general and my LO was born weighing 6lb 13oz at 37+3 weeks :)

Good luck! :flow:

Not quite but similar. When I became pregnant with my now 18month old LO I developed a fast heart rate (now 100bpm resting but when pregnant was 160bpm resting) and have a slight regurgitation on both valves (leaking blood back the wrong way in to the heart) but not to a stage where it's a huge issue day-to-day. I also now have really high blood pressure (was 145/98 on Thursday even though I'm on medication). Are you under a cardiologist? When we decided to start TTC again I had to have my medication changed to be pregnancy safe and will need closer monitoring this time round as last time we needed to be induced. But the pregnancy went smooth in general and my LO was born weighing 6lb 13oz at 37+3 weeks :)

Good luck! :flow:

Yes I see my cardiologist frequently. I too have the same issue you discuss above. My meds were recently switched to a more baby-friendly medicine. So yeah I am on the right track. Thanks for the motivation!!! Also, did you have to have a C-section or vaginal delivery?

I was induced at 37 weeks but didn't have her til 37+3 BUT she came vaginally :flow:

We were strapped to a monitor for pretty much the whole labour (except when I needed to pee!) and were close to a section if the final pessary hadn't worked but we got there in the end. I don't see my cardiologist frequently but have been told I'll have to see him frequently if/when we manage to conceive again as my issues become harder to manage and the baby friendly meds don't usually work as effectively as the usual ones. I never had this before my pregnancy though and had hoped it would go once I'd had her but it wasn't to be :) - I look at it this way...closer monitoring means more sneaky shots of my baby (we only have 2 regular scans in the UK, not sure how it works in the US though :) lol but I had several scans and lots of monitoring on her heart rate/movements)

:flow:

I was induced at 37 weeks but didn't have her til 37+3 BUT she came vaginally :flow:

We were strapped to a monitor for pretty much the whole labour (except when I needed to pee!) and were close to a section if the final pessary hadn't worked but we got there in the end. I don't see my cardiologist frequently but have been told I'll have to see him frequently if/when we manage to conceive again as my issues become harder to manage and the baby friendly meds don't usually work as effectively as the usual ones. I never had this before my pregnancy though and had hoped it would go once I'd had her but it wasn't to be :) - I look at it this way...closer monitoring means more sneaky shots of my baby (we only have 2 regular scans in the UK, not sure how it works in the US though :) lol but I had several scans and lots of monitoring on her heart rate/movements)

:flow:

Great. Yeah we get more than two typically. You have me excited. Now I am ready for you to be preggers too. Knowing that I have someone going through the same thing would be AWESOME!!!!

I know me too! I hope we make 1st tri together :D it's so rare every time I had questions on it in my first pregnancy just kept going back to pre-e but it was nothing like that so was hard to find someone who understood it. I was fine up to 18 weeks and only needed to go in to hospital at 35 weeks for 5 days but from 30 weeks I had to go for monitoring 3 x a week and regular scans to check she was growing ok but there was never a problem with the baby :flow:

I know me too! I hope we make 1st tri together :D it's so rare every time I had questions on it in my first pregnancy just kept going back to pre-e but it was nothing like that so was hard to find someone who understood it. I was fine up to 18 weeks and only needed to go in to hospital at 35 weeks for 5 days but from 30 weeks I had to go for monitoring 3 x a week and regular scans to check she was growing ok but there was never a problem with the baby :flow:

This is sooooo awesome. I am super happy. I cannot wait. At first I was afraid, but with what you just said, I am eager to get to it now. I need to lose 15 pounds prior to TTC though. I know it would be best for me. I am 4'11, 140 pounds. I have to motivate myself though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->