TTC - ectopic survivor - one tube!

Hey ladies. Haven't been on here in a long time. Took a break and just came back to give a update. We're currently almost 14 weeks pregnant :). Was very nervous in the beginning and now I feel like I can relax a bit. Had a checkup Monday at 13 weeks and heard the heartbeat so we're past the "scary" zone of miscarriage. I was pretty sick for about a month then it went away thankfully because I ended up losing about 8 pounds. But getting pregnant after your EP is definitely doable. It took us 7 months but here we are. Thanking everyone here and in my life for support.

Congrats Dtrisha - that's wonderful news. Thanks so much for stopping back in to update us. I'm thrilled for you! Yes, getting pregnant after an ectopic is doable. I'm about to hit 8 years after mine, so I'm really hoping to join the club sometime soon!

Welcome justme! Feel free to veer and vent and cry as much as you wish. (I do it too hehe). I'm sorry about your ectopic, and it does suck. There are ways to control thyroid issues and 39 is certainly not too old. Just have a talk with your dr. And do not blame yourself on your ectopic. No amount of stress can cause it. It's just something that happens. Think of it as the sperm getting a little too anxious ;)

Dtrish congrats! So glad you're over that first hump and can relax!

Breaking those numbers are higher than mine with dd, but you also could have implanted early. I really wouldn't worry too much on that. Yay for you!

Bronte how are things going with you?

Afm, this is my first "clomid period". Holy crap is it bad! Tons of cramps and super heavy, but it seems most of the cramping has died down. It's day 1 for me and my Dr called in the higher dosage so I'll be starting that on Saturday. I really didn't want birthdays too close together, so I'm definitely ok with af showing up. Plus the higher dosage and most of my dominate follicles being on my right side last month puts me in a higher favor for more follicles on my left side. Fingers crossed!

Thanks ladies ! I really hope you can too bronte forever. That's far to long for sure.

Thanks Dtrisha - it is. Granted some of that was a self-sustained break. It's just getting tiring regardless. Anyway, hope it happens with the next IVF but I'm ready to move on regardless.

Mod - your period sounds aweful. So sorry. Really hope the next cycle is it for you!

Breaking - any updates?

AFM - I'm not doing great mentally still. Just ready to be done with this process and get the next IVF started. However, I think my supplements and acupuncture are doing something, because this was the first period in years where I didn't spot 2-7 days of brown blood continuously before my period started. So I'm thinking something must be working better in there...hopefully!

Big congrats to you Dtrisha. :D

Mod -- my friend said her periods were really unpleasant on clomid too. :( But she did conceive using it!

Bronte -- I am sorry you are not doing well mentally but I can't say I blame you. I am sure IVF is a stressful and nerve wracking process. I really hope the next cycle is your magic one. That sounds really promising about your period though!!

I am doing okay. Just really really tired. I am taking that as a good sign. I am starting to have a few symptoms but nothing major. I do have a lot of back pain which scares me and some cramping off and on. No spotting or anything yet. Just holding out for Monday where I do another blood test. I am terrified for the results on Tuesday though. I am so scared the numbers will have gone down or not doubled as they should. In theory I should be well over 5,000 by then. But worrying is not going to change anything so I am trying hard just to keep my mind off it. Keep the prayers coming. <3

Breaking - you sound much more calm and relaxed with this pregnancy. I think it's the one. Good luck!

I'm doing better. :) Definitely not as high strung! That was helping no one. Haha

Bronte I'm so sorry you're struggling. You need to find your happy place. Ttc has taught me that you need to stay positive, even with all the negatives that can occur. For example, when I called the dr to get the new prescription my nurse was so apologetic, even after I assured her it was fine. Her response? "I see miracles happen everyday, we always hold out hope for all of our patients." I wish there was something I could do for you :(

Breaking how are things progressing? Are you scheduled for an ultrasound yet?

I got more HCG blood work today and I get my results tomorrow. However, this evening I noticed some light pink spotting. :( I am very concerned because this is when I had spotting with my ectopic, right at 5 weeks. Just not feeling very hopeful at this time so prayers are appreciated. Will update when I can.

Definetly sending prayers and positive thoughts. Really hope the spotting is just normal.

I'm sorry breaking :hugs:
Hopefully everything is fine and it's just bub getting comfey in there.

Update: I went in this morning for an "emergency" appointment. They did a urine sample which did show I may have a mild UTI so I got medicine for that. I found out my new HCG numbers were at 6,800 something. So that was good. He did an exam and did not see any signs of active bleeding but could see the light spotty stuff. They went ahead and sent me to ultrasound to be sure this was not an ectopic. We did see a baby in my uterus, measuring about 5w and 6d. We also saw a flicker for the heartbeat! Thanks for thinking of me. Hopefully the spotting goes away!

Attachments

• 14825693_10211028787061435_1577546493_n.jpg
    14825693_10211028787061435_1577546493_n.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 0
Yay for all this! Hopefully the spotting goes away and was all just normal.

I hope so too. Going to just get a lot of rest and take the medicine for the UTI and hope it helps.

Ahhh so glad you got to see (hear?) The heartbeat! So exciting!

Too soon to hear it but we could see it. Just a tiny little flicker. Honestly, they seemed a little surprised to see it. My chart had me at just like 5 weeks and a couple days but based on the ultrasound they said it was more like 5 weeks and 6 days.

How is everyone doing? Breaking I hope everything is going well.

Howdy ladies I'm waaay late to this party but I thought I'd introduce myself.
-one tube, had left ovary/Fallopian tube removed at age 15 due to entanglement and cyst (horrible pain and grew to the size of a melon pushing all my organs out of the way)
-ectopic pregnancy at age 22 (was in the uterus but half of the baby was in the opening of the tube, no heartbeat so was given misoprostol and it flushed itself out before taking the other pill)
- have had 2 other positives but then MCs (recent being last month at 5 weeks) and now trying again this month

Thinking on top of having one tube and ovary I might have low progesterone levels due to this. Anyone have any information on this? Just finished my AF and now waiting for O and trying to eat Progesterone boosting food and stay active and healthy. Lovely to meet ladies like myself, and hope that everything goes well for breakingdawn and the rest of ya'll get your lovely babes soon. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->