TTC for - 12month+ Join here :P we have our 1st bfp!!!

Hi girls, can I join too? :hugs:

Me and Dh have been trying for #1 for 15 months now, :witch: got me today :cry: so we are planning to go to the doctors in the new year to see if we can get tested to see if anythings wrong.

:dust: to everyone, we have all been waiting too long for our :bfp:'s already, fx'ed we all get them soon. xx

:hi: ill post some tips about drs on here ;) iv learnt the hard way xx

Hi ladies
We have been trying 20 months going into our 21st. Feel like it's never going to happen! My sil is pregnant with their first and I so want to be happy for them but most of the time I am just green with envy! It adds salt to the wound when she said it wasn't planned! Can't believe I have spent the last 16 years of my life being so careful!

Me and Dh have been trying for #1 for 15 months now, :witch: got me today :cry: so we are planning to go to the doctors in the new year to see if we can get tested to see if anythings wrong.

:dust: to everyone, we have all been waiting too long for our :bfp:'s already, fx'ed we all get them soon. xx

thanks, that would be great as have been putting off going as scared they will fob me off, so need to be prepared when I go and will take Dh with me for support I think. xx

Hi, I'll join you. We are on cycle 14 and have our first fertility appointment with our GP on 31st Dec. xx

thanks, that would be great as have been putting off going as scared they will fob me off, so need to be prepared when I go and will take Dh with me for support I think. xx

I put it off too, but today I took the plunge and booked it. I guess I felt that I would rather be in blissful ignorance, but I am so fed up with the disappointment each month that I think it's time we looked into what is going wrong. x

Hey ladies :hi: I have been trying for around 14 months now with PCOS xx

:dust: to you all xxx

lots of ladies ;)
ok i went drs in sept but will tell u my expererience just going to cook some yummy sausage cassorole and ill be back :)

Hi ladies I am pretty new here, but I have been trying for 18 months and that's pretty much while I'm on here I need some support. I also have two children 4 and 3. I am experiencing unexplained secondary infertility. I'm really struggling with why this is happening. It's hard when you have no definitive answers. Good luck ladies. I hope we all can end this long battle and get our bfp's.
Sarah 25, DH Louie 26, DS 4, DD 3

I put it off too, but today I took the plunge and booked it. I guess I felt that I would rather be in blissful ignorance, but I am so fed up with the disappointment each month that I think it's time we looked into what is going wrong. x

Yes I think I am now at that stage too, first of all I though its just the birth control pills taking a while to get out of my system fully it will happen soon, and well it hasn't so now I feel that I need some answers that will hopefully move things forward, am going to ring to make a docs appointment between christmas and new year, its my new years resolution to myself to find out if anything is wrong, and hopefully if there is, that it can be fixed.

Fx'ed that we all get some answers soon. xx

Ok so i went drs in sept after alot self persuading,the lady dr after me pouring my heart out about my irregular cycles painful cramps and 1yr half of ttc.
cycles ranging for 14days to 48 days,i showed her faint pos test.
She says Bluntley........'thats not a strong enough line and 'oh i think your trying to hard'
and 'just relax' your cycles are normal and some people it takes years but ur obviously not doing it properly' :shock: i was gobsmacked!!
All i could say is,is there tests?
she said yeh for people who have tried for a while.
i said when do i come back........?
she said why do you need to.....i just walked out a burst in tears :cry:

so u can imagine how put of the drs i was....................
after af this month my hubby said u must get appointment.
i wasnt going to until i saw the nhs n.i.c.e guidelines.i printed them off and studied them.
on fri last week i spontanuously picked up phone the drs without thinking and i got same day appointment.I brought hubby with me.he waited outside i was terrified.
The dr(different one) said how long ttc i say 18months-2yrs.
He said are ur cycles regular,i say no
he says where ur husband,i say outside,
hubby came in,i said is there any tests we can do as this is now affecting our marriage.
he printed off a huge list of tests forms off for me plus semen analysis for husband.
its a walk in clinic so il got there wen think im 7dpo.:)

So yeh top tips........
1)try not to mention being on birth control.lol
2)be blunt,you want tests
3) tell them about impact its having on u and ur marriage/relationship
4)dont mention opks bbt it pisses off doctors :haha:
5)be honest about how many months ttc
6) do ask for info about improving chances of ttc
7)and make sure ur partner goes with you!! or at least waits outside.it shows ur serious and commited about ttc

If in uk refer to n.i.c.e guidelines! which is tests after 1yr ttc for under 35 and 6 months for over 35's :)
:) xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi ladies
How is everyone doing? I'm on cd 21 and 7dpo today without symptoms i'm just having the feeling that AF will show although last cycle symptoms were too much.
AF due on 28th ,
Baby dust to us.

Hi Giftmum,
I'm CD6 and taking last clomid for this round. Bit bored this cycle! Hope I don't toss and turn all night with sweats like last night! x

Hiya

I'm about 12dpo I think. Gonna hold out testing until thurs morning if the :witch: stays away until then

sticky :dust: to all
x

Hi, me and my husband are trying for our first. I am 31 and have been trying for just over a year now. Had lots of tests done and nothing wrong with either of us. I am ok most of the month but every time my period comes along I get very down. xx

Awww hun,

I'm 31 too and been trying a year as well. Not been the docs yet, although will be going in the new year if no luck by then

I get a little down too sometimes, you wouldn't be human if you didn't, but these ladies on here have kept me sane and positive the last few months.

I'm sure it will happen for us all soon

good luck

xxx

Thanks Lisa40. Yes thats the key, trying to stay positive. Some days its easier than others. I guess the main thing is I never expected it to take this long! And you def do get days when you wonder whether it'll ever happen. But yes i do agree with you, it'll happen for all of us..its just a case of when xx

Whereabouts are you in this cycle sara??

X

Have just ovulated...currently around day 18 of 28 day cycle. x

well fingers crossed you :sex: at the right times and you get a lovely new years surprise. Keep us posted

:thumbup:

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"