TTC for - 12month+ Join here :P we have our 1st bfp!!!

Floofymad, sounds like they want to see if not stressing about it will help you and thats why they have said not to temp etc and are not checking. Fxed it works out for you and you wont need the next appointment in a few months time :hugs:. Really hope that you have O and caught the eggy.

I am certainly no expert myself, as I haven't even made it to my docs myself yet as have been too scared! Its all so confusing the more I read trying to get my head around what the docs will do it seems the more different approaches there are. I guess we just have to trust what they say and that what they advise is whats best for us as individuals and thats why different people have different experiences, tests done etc.

MrsHowley81, how quick will you get your result back? Please keep us updated and Fx'ed that its good news and that if needed your referral to the FS comes through quickly for you. xx

Welcome susan36 and irishbabe :flower:

Got my appointment to see the doctor on the 8th to get mine and DH results we thought we would do it all together Dh results have been ready for a while but he wants us to go together which makes sense we don't want to be going to the doctors all the time.

I understand where you are coming from about being scared of going to the doctors. I was and I kept putting it off and it looks like we probably do have a problem so I'm glad we did now, he also said that 80% of people would conceive in the first year and then half of the rest would conceive within 2 years and the rest would need help so we are in the minority now, but he did also stress that a third of infertiilty is down to the man a third down to the women and the rest is unexplained, so it is worth going even if it i to put your mind a ease :)

Thanks xxxemsxxx - either he doesn't want me to stress or he doesn't believe in all that crap! Tbh, if you BD every other day throughout cycle, there's not much else to do anyway!

To those of you thinking of seeking help..... it's better to know one way or another I think, although it may be harder to know you're 'unexplained'... If there's a problem with the man or woman, at least you know and can take steps to help. Good luck with your doctors - be persistent and know your rights! lol.

Good idea going together, you both know at the same time and can talk about the results straight away, and you may think of different questions to ask the doc.

I have finally today made an appointment to see my doctor on weds morning, so just hoping he doesn't fob us off and refers us for tests straight away as have been trying for 15 months now. I have irregular cycles and have always been worried that it would effect ttc so need to now for certain, so if there is a problem then at least we can see what steps there are available to try and sort them.

Xxxxxx

Yes at the end of the day the only part that we can influence is the :sex:, everything else is kinda out of our control and we just have to keep going until we get those long awaited BFP's. xx

Just wanted to wish everyone a very Happy New Year.
Here is plenty of :dust::dust::dust::dust: for you all for 2011.

Fxed it's the year we all finally get those well overdue :bfp:'s

XXXXXXXX

I am now cd 1 :( af has hit bigtime. Just made an apppt with my gp, I am sure my endo is back and I want a hospital referal. I am going back to the gp who refered me back to the hospital last time so fx

Massive :hugs: to you.

Yes if I were you I would go back and see your original doc who refered you last time. If it gives you so much pain and other problems they have to do something about it, that isn't birth control.

Fxed they can sort something out for you Hun, or even better that this is your last witch visit for a while and that BFP is just around the corner. xx

Hello ladies and happy new year! Hope you all had a lovely Christmas and Aster-CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! WOW-what an amazing Christmas day you must have had!!

I have had the lurgi and not really thought about ttc this cycle but feeling quite down-I think it is because it has been a year now not using contraception and I just cant see any light at the end of the tunnel..one of my new years resolutions was to be more positive but I am finding it hard-harder than giving up coffee (which was another one) lol!

I am just waiting for period to start so I can start clomid now. Those ladies on clomid-how was your monitoring?? I have been told to start taking it on day 2 and to then ring to make an app for scan on day 10 and they will prob organise another 2 or 3 from there. My worries are:

1) The effects of clomid-I had an awful time when I first went on the pill as my body was really sensitive to the hormones. How will this impact on me at work?
2) Work-luckily my hosp does the scans at 8am so I should still be able to get to work for 9 but only just-has anyone here told anyone at work? I dont want to yet but I also dont want people thinking I am just slacking and the thought of rushing to get to work for 9 stresses me out which cant be good! Also-are the scans painful? I presume it is like the internal ultrasound?
3) Telling family-I see my mum everyday and I always said that if it came to a year or we had to start treatment I would tell her..part of me thinks it would be a massive relief to tell her-my mum always makes me feel better, but I dont want her to worry or maybe its the thought of someone else wondering each month whether we have got there yet?!

Maybe I have a case of the January blues..any help with the above would be so much appreciated.

Much love x

Hi hon, nice to see you (i am still watching you guys... :hugs:) it was a great christmas day! I am still not out of the woods though and have an early scan tomorrow as i have had some spotting and just to check everything is ok. :thumbup:

I would say tell your mum. It was the best thing that i did while I was TTC and I expected her to be pestering to know if and when I conceived but actually she has been great and really suppportinve through my ups and downs. I havent told her I am pregnant yet as I dont want to get her hopes up while it is still early but as soon as I know it is ok, she will be the first to know! Dont forget, they made you so they know what it is like!

Is hard not to feel blue, especially when the weather is so bad... :rain:
but keep your chin up chick. :kiss: and workwise, cant you just tell them you have a docs appt? And if they ask why you can always say high blood pressure from stress at work!! :rofl: alternatively, a flat battery? :winkwink:

Good luck hon, thinking of you xxx

Hi i would love to join this thread, been TTC for about 30 months now. :( nice to have somewhere to speak to people who know what we are all going through

kittycat82, good luck with the clomid hope it works for you.:thumbup:

I haven't taken clomid myself so cant help I'm afraid but hopefully someone else will be able to.

Aster - good luck of tomorrow. Keep us updated, will be thinking of you. :hugs:

Welcome ttcval

Well I had my first doctors appointment today and I think it went well :happydance:.

I tried to remember the advice on heer and try not to appear baby mad. I took DH with me and just said we had been trying for 15 months with no luck so thought it was time to come and get some advice from a doctor.

He only asked about my cycles, and if I knew when my fertile time was (I thought you dont know the half of it Charting temps, CBFM and OPKS - YES I think I know when my fertile time is and act on it!! -but didnt). He then told me that it was 14 days before my period - again had to hold my tongue as thought actually FF said I had a 16 LP last cycle (my first one charting) but just nodded (did not want him to think I was a mad woman)

Anyway he is referring my DH to the hospital for sperm analysis - he says he willdo this first as no point prodding me if no need, though think I will ask for tests anyway even if they do find something wrong with DH (which Iam praying they dont) and that when the results are readys to make another appointment to go through the results and talk about the test for me.

Feel that this is a step forward and so relieved that I wasnt fobbed off.

Though when I got to work a stupid man I work with asked why I wasnt pregnant as the girl I work with is and she hasnt been married for as long as me :growlmad: Wanted to say actually just been to the docs about it hoping they can sort me out!! But just glared at him instead!!

How is everyone else doing? xxx

hi babyhopes

Please can i join been trying 22 months

Went to gp today being refered to fertility clinic got blood tests on 24th jan

course u can:)

i havent ovulated this cycle so cant do tests :(
My dh has swine flu so hes major poorly :cry: went for SA andgot turnt back as they said the sample something was v wrong with it to the point they said to come back in few months :cry:
i havent yet been reffered to fs,i was told the waiting list is a long wait :( xx

Hi ladies-I really like this thread-it is very reassuring to know that not everyone gets knocked up within a couple of months! I had a chat with hubby last night and we agreed to try and relax about it all till March when we will have had our 3 clomid rounds. If no luck by then we will reassess depending on what the FS says but he says we wouldnt rule out looking at other things then (hypnotherapy I am quite interested in) and possibly even private clinics depending on waiting list for other treatment. I feel a bit more positive now and I am trying to change my attitude to 'when i get pregnant' rather than 'if I get pregnant'. What will be will be but I guess there is no point being anxious every day and surely it cannot help with things-I appreciate that this is easier said than done but I am REALLY going to try!! I have to do something or I'll drive myself crazy! Its getting a balance with not getting your hopes up, right?

I therefore may take a little bnb break ( not sure how long I'll last though lol!) so good luck and hope to see some more BFP's when I drop by next!! Xxx

I have just made a fool of myself by sobbing down the phone to my mum, she didnt know we are ttc and she has just told me my sister is 6 weeks pregnant with her 5th. Another unplanned one! 3 pill babies 1 planned and now her coil has moved. How do some people just get pregnant and others cant. Anyway my mum now knows because I broke my heart. I hope I can be happy for her because all I feel right now is deverstated.

Though when I got to work a stupid man I work with asked why I wasnt pregnant as the girl I work with is and she hasnt been married for as long as me Wanted to say actually just been to the docs about it hoping they can sort me out!! But just glared at him instead!!

Oh Ems, i know the feeling with this one!! Where do people get off on asking you about your private life!!! It is so rude!! We have been married 2 and a half years and they kept saying 'dont you think its time you had a baby now?' and that started 2 years ago! grrrrrr.....

My scan went well thanks, :cloud9: but got another scan in 2-3 weeks to keep an eye on a cyst they found. :roll:

I know you may not want to listen to me now I am on 'the dark side' but I just kept telling myself, 'my time will come' and you have to trust that when the time is right, it will happen. It is immensely upsetting and i am really not a patient person (so waiting 17 months seems like a lifetime!!) but you just have to keep on trying, dont give up! cause one day, it will be your day, and that is the best day ever cause you have had to work for it!!

Loads of love and hugs, :dust:
xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"